Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Brooklyn Assembly Democrat Caught Wearing Black Face & Afro Wig!

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Things are substantially better than when he took office, that's why he was overwhelmingly re-elected. You continue to ignore that as if things were great when he took office. Higher stock prices, more employment a bigger economy, rising assett prices, you think that would have happened if we cut spending during a hard recession? If you do your out of your mind. The stimulus should have been bigger.
    This argument is sheer absurdity. Economies move in ebbs and flows. The Bush administration did a good job in their waning months using the TARP program to deal with the housing collapse. Obama was wise to let them finish the job after he took office. The stimulus was a disaster and passing Obamacare hasn't helped. The economy remains in the slog its been in since 2008. Last quarter we had basically ZERO growth. Most recoveries see growth of 4-5% in the first years.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    This argument is sheer absurdity. Economies move in ebbs and flows. The Bush administration did a good job in their waning months using the TARP program to deal with the housing collapse. Obama was wise to let them finish the job after he took office. The stimulus was a disaster and passing Obamacare hasn't helped. The economy remains in the slog its been in since 2008. Last quarter we had basically ZERO growth. Most recoveries see growth of 4-5% in the first years.
    Doom and gloom.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Doom and gloom.
    It's just the facts.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    It's just the facts.
    Thanks Grover.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Bush cut taxes, spent on wars without paying for it, added a huge middle class drug benifit and left office with an economy that had crashed. That crash destroyed tax revenue. The demographics of Medicare and SS have been in place for decades, that's not an Obama created problem.

    Pro-growth policies are policy's that put more money into the economy. Sequester is anti-growth. You support that. You also supported the Romney Tax plan which was revenue neutral. Not exactly pro-growth. Had he actually put out a plan that spelled out a more efficient tax policy by telling us which deductions he would trade for lower rates you could make the argument that it would be pro-growth on the margin because it might well be more efficient than the current tax code. The argument wasn't made by you or Romney or Ryan. They ran from making the tough decisions you simply assumed they would do something better on nothing on faith.

    There are lots of things I disagree with Obama on. The politics of personal vindictive isn't efficient or productive and Obama has larger consolidated his power base because the Republicans and Conservatives are so intent on bashing him that they can't articulate policy and why we need it.

    So yes I'm calling you and every so called Conservative out for their fake outrage. If you ever want to get better policy you better start convincing people what that policy is and why it's better because right now solid economic thinking is being destroyed by simple partisan hate.

    Additionally it's obvious that we are going to have big government regardless of who is in power for decades to come. Instead of attempting to make government dysfunctional, something Republicans have been doing for years, they might as well at least try and make it more efficient. On the margin, that would be pro-growth.

    More proof ^^^ what the libs here know about economics collectively couldn't fit in the Monopoly game thimble. Discussing economics with these dopes who see every ill as GOP caused when it is in fact the exact opposite is a fool's errand.

    From overspending to a multiple of the most pork-laded GOP Congress to the massive economic drag of illegal aliens and other leeches to crashing the housing market it's all on (D) even if the low-intelligence (D) voters dont know it. The rot set in after (D) took Congress in 2006 and its not coincidence.

    Cutting taxes never got the gov't more revenue and was done twice, onc e to get out of Clintons recession and the next after 9/11's aftermath, which was caused by crap/unenforced lib immigration policies / the Gorelick wall. If you dont understand how lower taxes is pro-growth you are uneducable.

    (Between 9/11 and FNMA mismanagement Gorelick should be in leg irons, but that's beside the point)

    The idiots revision of history now extends to 9/11 being an optional war...

    Raising taxes in a recession, penalizing SMB, not allowing proper exploitation of natural resources, all anti-growth. The absolute worst recovery in decades presided by the party who controls 2 branches of govt yet its not their fault - get a clue

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Things are substantially better than when he took office, that's why he was overwhelmingly re-elected. You continue to ignore that as if things were great when he took office. Higher stock prices, more employment a bigger economy, rising assett prices, you think that would have happened if we cut spending during a hard recession? If you do your out of your mind. The stimulus should have been bigger.

    Things are actually not better. There are more people unemployed than at any time during the Bush era - both as a % and actual hard numbers. How is that good.
    Spending is now at an all time high and has been for the Obama term and it's accelerating.
    Debt is exploding. It's not GWB's anymore.
    Obama got his "rich man" tax increase on Jan 1 and than RENEGED on cutting spending. HE LIED.
    THe sequester is a good thing. Time to pay the piper. I say DOUBLE the amount of the sequester. Instead of 85Bill this year (that's over 10 months), make it $200 Bill a year in cuts. There is waste everywhere Target the cuts. Cut even more military. Cut gov salaries and expenses. These gov agencies are having parties all over the place at luxurious hotels. Why? Try that in a corporation.
    Agency managers and that includes the Pentagon are poor money managers and planners.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    More proof ^^^ what the libs here know about economics collectively couldn't fit in the Monopoly game thimble. Discussing economics with these dopes who see every ill as GOP caused when it is in fact the exact opposite is a fool's errand.

    From overspending to a multiple of the most pork-laded GOP Congress to the massive economic drag of illegal aliens and other leeches to crashing the housing market it's all on (D) even if the low-intelligence (D) voters dont know it. The rot set in after (D) took Congress in 2006 and its not coincidence.

    Cutting taxes never got the gov't more revenue and was done twice, onc e to get out of Clintons recession and the next after 9/11's aftermath, which was caused by crap/unenforced lib immigration policies / the Gorelick wall. If you dont understand how lower taxes is pro-growth you are uneducable.

    (Between 9/11 and FNMA mismanagement Gorelick should be in leg irons, but that's beside the point)

    The idiots revision of history now extends to 9/11 being an optional war...

    Raising taxes in a recession, penalizing SMB, not allowing proper exploitation of natural resources, all anti-growth. The absolute worst recovery in decades presided by the party who controls 2 branches of govt yet its not their fault - get a clue
    Raising taxes like cutting spending in a recession or during a period of economic stagnation is the wrong move. We agree on the taxes we disagree on the cuts and only right now.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Things are actually not better. There are more people unemployed than at any time during the Bush era - both as a % and actual hard numbers. How is that good.
    Spending is now at an all time high and has been for the Obama term and it's accelerating.
    Debt is exploding. It's not GWB's anymore.
    Obama got his "rich man" tax increase on Jan 1 and than RENEGED on cutting spending. HE LIED.
    THe sequester is a good thing. Time to pay the piper. I say DOUBLE the amount of the sequester. Instead of 85Bill this year (that's over 10 months), make it $200 Bill a year in cuts. There is waste everywhere Target the cuts. Cut even more military. Cut gov salaries and expenses. These gov agencies are having parties all over the place at luxurious hotels. Why? Try that in a corporation.
    Agency managers and that includes the Pentagon are poor money managers and planners.
    Of course you do as you have admitted all along you hold millions in bonds. Economic growth and the inflating of assetts is decidely a bad thing for bond holders.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Of course you do as you have admitted all along you hold millions in bonds. Economic growth and the inflating of assetts is decidely a bad thing for bond holders.

    I do have millions in bonds, much more than my stocks. Not too much at all in U.S. issued paper, however. Nasty stuff.
    Lots of U.S. corporates (solid ones) and TAX FREE municipals. Not much growth in either but LARGE monthly dividend distributions.
    I will not tender too much advice (not licensed) but will suggest a balanced portfolio to all.
    I have a couple million in stocks also. That's where I get my long term growth. My TOTAL return is satisfactory. I'm not that greedy.

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,575
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I do have millions in bonds, much more than my stocks. Not too much at all in U.S. issued paper, however. Nasty stuff.
    Lots of U.S. corporates (solid ones) and TAX FREE municipals. Not much growth in either but LARGE monthly dividend distributions.
    I will not tender too much advice (not licensed) but will suggest a balanced portfolio to all.
    I have a couple million in stocks also. That's where I get my long term growth. My TOTAL return is satisfactory. I'm not that greedy.

    I have some S and H green stamps. How am I doing?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I have some S and H green stamps. How am I doing?



    To paraphrase the Irishman in "Braveheart": "The Lord says I'll be fine. But he's pretty sure you're fu**ed". LOL.

    Actually, help me here - do they still HAVE things like stamp books anymore?

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,530
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Chief^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    They do exist.
    STFU Mongo, its not like we didn't have enough lib dopes here to play the Race card for you to come back and add nothing to the conversation(s) you clearly don't understand...now run along and do what you do best, release illegal alien felons back into civilization

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    STFU Mongo, its not like we didn't have enough lib dopes here to play the Race card for you to come back and add nothing to the conversation(s) you clearly don't understand...now run along and do what you do best, release illegal alien felons back into civilization
    You are the unfunny version of Archie Bunker.

  14. #74
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,530
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    You are the unfunny version of Archie Bunker.
    And you are the stupid version of a know-nothing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us