Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life.

What a class organization from top to bottom.

The NFL's model franchise.

so now sanchez makes more than brady

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The one I will give was Thomas because he was a legitimate A1 free agent. However, they got no championships with him.
    Colvin and Harrison were pretty big free agent acquisitions and both have two rings. Although Colvin was expected to be the bigger impact guy and Harrison ended up being the far more impact guy.

I would say that the acquisition of Colvin and Harrison is about as big a free agent acquisition as the Jets have had in recent years in terms of how they were perceived at the time of the acquisition. Favre may the only one I can think of which was definitely bigger at the time he was acquired.

And the Pats were one drive away from going 19-0 in Thomas' first year with the Pats. Yeah, they didn't win a championship, but they were a minute away. It wasn't like Thomas had the same effect the Dream Team acquisitions had in Philly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    so now sanchez makes more than brady
    A lot more.

Brady is doing what he wants to do - try to set his team up to win.

I don't think anyone should begrudge a guy like Joe Flacco from having a focus of maximizing his earnings instead of what is best for the team. These guys have a very small window to make their winnings and example after example of rich pro athlete who ends up broke makes me think anyone who isn't financially set for life playing a game that can potentially shorten your lifespan is within their right to try to get all they can.

Don't get me wrong - I'm elated and love the guy for doing this but I don't think that makes Revis or Flacco bad people because they won't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What a class organization from top to bottom.

The NFL's model franchise.
    Gonna be fun when the model franchise reverts back to the bottom dwelling joke it was for 50 years until Tammi showed up.

He's going on 37 now and should be heading out to the big gay Cali bathhouse he built NLT the end of the 2014 season.

Of course none of our resident trolls will be around to see it since they only jumped on the frontrunner bandwagon in early 2002.

Look for the arrival of CowboyfanTX and.Guido McCovvey, diehard Niner fan shortly after Tammi hangs up his panties

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Anyone think Brady took less so the team would sign Welker? I think Brady understands full well Welkers worth, even if the team - and many fans aren't convinced.

Hall Of Fame
    He took care of his boy Welker. Methinks they work out a deal with him now. And it will probably be well below market. Pats have a ton of cap space but few picks. They will probably re-sign Talib and go shopping at Tiffanys for a WR . . . Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He took care of his boy Welker. Methinks they work out a deal with him now. And it will probably be well below market. Pats have a ton of cap space but few picks. They will probably re-sign Talib and go shopping at Tiffanys for a WR . . . Wallace.
    If I was a Pats fan, I'd be torn about re-signing Welker. Spend that money on WW, and how many years does he have left playing at that level? Regardless, they need that possession receiver type (WW).

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Like said, Giselle changes everything and makes it much easier to not seek top dollar.

If Brady gets divorced he'll be getting alimony payments.
    LOL...People here just can never give Tom his due and act like he made chump change before this bargain extension. He made over $27 million last year folks, including endorsements. He's made 100s of millions WITHOUT Giselle. Sure, it doesn't hurt that he married the richest supermodel in history, but the guy hasn't exactly earned jag money.

As a Pats fan, it's great to know he'll be around for a few more years. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still a top 3 QB at the end of this deal and he gets ANOTHER one.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-25-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If I was a Pats fan, I'd be torn about re-signing Welker. Spend that money on WW, and how many years does he have left playing at that level? Regardless, they need that possession receiver type (WW).
    I agree but I think Brady wants him and that might be part of the reason why he gave them a sweetheart deal.

I agree but I think Brady wants him and that might be part of the reason why he gave them a sweetheart deal.
    Maybe. Not the best idea for the long term, but, the Pats are in win now mode yearly, so that's possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

As a Pats fan, it's great to know he'll be around for a few more years. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still a top 3 QB at the end of this deal and he gets ANOTHER one.
    As a Jets fan, I WOULD

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I don't think this will have any effect on Welker. I just don't see the Pats spending what he could get on the open market.

1. They need to resign Talib now that Dennard's going to be out of the fold. Even if he gets no jail time, the Patriot organization won't stand for that nonsense.

2. Once again, The Pats aren't going to do it. Why? Because they've never done it under Belichick. The few big free agents they have signed have been all on the defensive side. Until they actually go out and sign a top offensive player in FA, then I won't believe they will do it.

It's the one real thing about the Patriots. They are very predictable in their actions.

Sounds like the entire contract is guaranteed. All 60 million. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    1. They need to resign Talib now that Dennard's going to be out of the fold. Even if he gets no jail time, the Patriot organization won't stand for that nonsense.

2. Once again, The Pats aren't going to do it. Why? Because they've never done it under Belichick. The few big free agents they have signed have been all on the defensive side. Until they actually go out and sign a top offensive player in FA, then I won't believe they will do it.

It's the one real thing about the Patriots. They are very predictable in their actions.
    The pats drafted Dennard after his arrest but i agree i think they need to sign Talib anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Sounds like the entire contract is guaranteed. All 60 million. Ouch.
    "Ouch"...yeah, ok......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"Ouch"...yeah, ok......
    He's already started his downward trend....I'm sure his skills will only get better as he gets older

"Ouch"...yeah, ok......
    The guy is 35 yrs old. 60 million over the next 5 yrs is risky for the Pats, not Brady.
    The money does not seem to be a problem today, but in year 3,4, and 5 it could be.