Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 187

Thread: PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life.

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    1. They need to resign Talib now that Dennard's going to be out of the fold. Even if he gets no jail time, the Patriot organization won't stand for that nonsense.

    2. Once again, The Pats aren't going to do it. Why? Because they've never done it under Belichick. The few big free agents they have signed have been all on the defensive side. Until they actually go out and sign a top offensive player in FA, then I won't believe they will do it.

    It's the one real thing about the Patriots. They are very predictable in their actions.
    I guarantee you the Pats will take no action on Dennard. He was arrested before they drafted him, they knew exactly what he was in trouble for, and yet drafted and played him all season. The conviction won't change anything, you are way off on this one. They very likely will, however, go after Talib as well... they really need both in that secondary.

    If the Pats felt that Wallace was a perfect fit in their offensive system and the price was right, they would go after him. Much of the reason for avoiding high-priced offensive skill players is because of scheme/fit concerns and a belief that they are not worth the contract demands.

    The Pats are very predictable, huh? Just like they predictably traded down out of the 1st round last year to accumulate more draft picks like they always do... oh wait.

  2. #82
    After the litany of "DUI, murder, want more money, hold out, me me, me" stories in the sports pages it is good to read about an athlete acting "team first". Brady is a classy and great athlete

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I guarantee you the Pats will take no action on Dennard. He was arrested before they drafted him, they knew exactly what he was in trouble for, and yet drafted and played him all season. The conviction won't change anything, you are way off on this one. They very likely will, however, go after Talib as well... they really need both in that secondary.

    If the Pats felt that Wallace was a perfect fit in their offensive system and the price was right, they would go after him. Much of the reason for avoiding high-priced offensive skill players is because of scheme/fit concerns and a belief that they are not worth the contract demands.

    The Pats are very predictable, huh? Just like they predictably traded down out of the 1st round last year to accumulate more draft picks like they always do... oh wait.
    They did trade down in that draft if I recall. So they still did it. I believe they traded down their second 2nd round pick.

    And again, I will believe it when I see it if the Pats sign a big time offensive free agent.

    As for Dennard, he might get jail time. Assaulting a police officer is not a crime people just get off of with a plea bargain.
    And if he doesn't get jail time, the iron fist of Roger Goodell will suspend him for a few games.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-25-2013 at 07:39 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    The guy is 35 yrs old. 60 million over the next 5 yrs is risky for the Pats, not Brady.
    The money does not seem to be a problem today, but in year 3,4, and 5 it could be.
    Yup, they "risked" $60 million over 5 years to one of the best pocket passers ever. One who's never relied on his feet or a cannon arm, to free up $15 million in the next 2 years so they have a better chance of putting another ring on his finger. How much of that $60 million risk was still due from the $50 million he had guaranteed from his previous deal....$25-$30Million?


    There's no sure thing in football, but TFB is going to be about as sure a thing as a team can hope for. Even at 70% he's a top 10 QB easy.

  5. #85
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,667
    I'm sure Revis will take a cue from this - we'll lock him up in no time.

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,019
    So now we have no chance at a division title until 2018. Thanks Tom you d!ck.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So now Miami, Buffalo and we have no chance at a division title until 2018. Thanks Tom you d!ck.
    Fixed

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yup, they "risked" $60 million over 5 years to one of the best pocket passers ever. One who's never relied on his feet or a cannon arm, to free up $15 million in the next 2 years so they have a better chance of putting another ring on his finger. How much of that $60 million risk was still due from the $50 million he had guaranteed from his previous deal....$25-$30Million?


    There's no sure thing in football, but TFB is going to be about as sure a thing as a team can hope for. Even at 70% he's a top 10 QB easy.
    As I mentioned about five pages back, I applaud Brady for "taking less". If you're looking for a fight, look another way my friend. 60 mill guaranteed for any football player is a risk for the team, hall of famer or not. Add the age of the player being 35 and the risk jumps.

  9. #89
    Have to give credit to Brady and the Pats - good deal for both - fargin bastages

    and yes, Sanchez is given (not earned) more $ then Brady, proof that money does not buy happiness

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Smart deal, 1M for each year elapsed since the Pats won the SB, for several years

  11. #91

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    As I mentioned about five pages back, I applaud Brady for "taking less". If you're looking for a fight, look another way my friend. 60 mill guaranteed for any football player is a risk for the team, hall of famer or not. Add the age of the player being 35 and the risk jumps.
    No fight from me. It just seems like your grasping to find a negative here when this situation is virtually unheard of in the league, and is a huge positive for your greatest rival. You also fail to recognize how much of the $60 million guarantee was already on the books from his last deal?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Sounds like the entire contract is guaranteed. All 60 million. Ouch.
    No the next 3 years are guaranteed. 42 mill, which is less than he was going to make over the next two years under his existing contract, so why the ouch?

  14. #94
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Yeah, when you're worth half a billion, this is awesome.

    LOL.

    Well done, Brady. You *******.
    As Fishhook rightly put it: another ****ing ******* ****ing *******s.

  15. #95
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Smart deal, 1M for each year elapsed since the Pats won the SB, for several years
    That should highlight it.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Peter King is getting all flustered.

    Big ****ing deal, we already knew he was a "Pat for life" and the consummate teammate. Non story. Can't wait for 2018.
    Bingo

    King fapped with every tweet

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nice gesture by brady. NE knows how to run a franchise.


    The guy is 36 years old, all he did was take cap hits this year and next year and take 27 million guaranteed money when he will be 38, 39, and 40. This, and having a supermodel of a wife being the bread winner so Tammy can do his Uggs commercials.

    And naturally, ESPN and every homer media outlet are doing their usual over the top ball washing.

    Can't wait for Brady to fall apart, we'll see how well run they will be then..

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Peter King is getting all flustered.

    Big ****ing deal, we already knew he was a "Pat for life" and the consummate teammate. Non story. Can't wait for 2018.
    I dunno. I think that Tom giving the Pats an extra $7 million of wiggle room under the cap, this year and next, is a legit story.

    Pat's now have close to $30 mill. by some accounts. That's a lotta cheese to spread around when so many other top teams are being squeezed by the flat cap.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    The guy is 36 years old, all he did was take cap hits this year and next year and take 27 million guaranteed money when he will be 38, 39, and 40. This, and having a supermodel of a wife being the bread winner so Tammy can do his Uggs commercials.

    And naturally, ESPN and every homer media outlet are doing their usual over the top ball washing.

    Can't wait for Brady to fall apart, we'll see how well run they will be then..
    lmao. One can set their watch by you.

    Nice attempt at a lame spin tho.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    LOL...People here just can never give Tom his due and act like he made chump change before this bargain extension. He made over $27 million last year folks, including endorsements. He's made 100s of millions WITHOUT Giselle. Sure, it doesn't hurt that he married the richest supermodel in history, but the guy hasn't exactly earned jag money.


    Leave my Tommy alone!!!


    As a Pats fan, it's great to know he'll be around for a few more years. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still a top 3 QB at the end of this deal and he gets ANOTHER one.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us