Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    lmao. One can set their watch by you.

Nice attempt at a lame spin tho.
    How many days did it take for you to post here again after The ***Cheats got spanked by the Ravens?

"Ouch"...yeah, ok......
    60 Million guaranteed for a declining 37 year old QB?

Outstanding!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The guy is 36 years old, all he did was take cap hits this year and next year and take 27 million guaranteed money when he will be 38, 39, and 40. This, and having a supermodel of a wife being the bread winner so Tammy can do his Uggs commercials.

And naturally, ESPN and every homer media outlet are doing their usual over the top ball washing.

Can't wait for Brady to fall apart, we'll see how well run they will be then..
    Says the guy who wants to pay a greedy CB top dollar.

Your spins are like clockwork.

All Pro
    too bad the video camera didn't get an extension...

No fight from me. It just seems like your grasping to find a negative here when this situation is virtually unheard of in the league, and is a huge positive for your greatest rival. You also fail to recognize how much of the $60 million guarantee was already on the books from his last deal?

As I said earlier, kudos to Brady. More players should follow his lead. Congrats on the deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I said in an earlier thread there is definitely hush money in this deal....don't you find it ironic Tammie is building a house on the same street as Krafty?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No the next 3 years are guaranteed. 42 mill, which is less than he was going to make over the next two years under his existing contract, so why the ouch?
    Got the info off Cimini. I dont really care what the numbers are. The ouch was my opinion on a large some of money guaranteed for a sport that does not support longevity, especially with players over 35.
    Hope it works out for you.

Huh?

Hey, Pats fans are ecstatic about 60 million guaranteed to a 36 yr old aging QB who is built like a twig? His shoulder is already chronic, one good hit can pretty much end him.

He gets credit for being a team first guy, but don't think your circle jerking little one-piece Pats pajamas he does this if he weren't Giselle's *****, and if he wasn't at the tail end of a successful career.

I suspect that Peter King in his calculations forgot Krafty's "under the table" cash.

Huh?

Hey, Pats fans are ecstatic about 60 million guaranteed to a 36 yr old aging QB who is built like a twig? His shoulder is already chronic, one good hit can pretty much end him.

He gets credit for being a team first guy, but don't think your circle jerking little one-piece Pats pajamas he does this if he weren't Giselle's *****, and if he wasn't at the tail end of a successful career.
    Except he's already done this once before, in 2005 I believe. And he,s made well over 100 million on his own. So spin all you want. This a GREAT day to be a Pats fan.

Btw..what will the Buttchez make next year?

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL...People here just can never give Tom his due and act like he made chump change before this bargain extension. He made over $27 million last year folks, including endorsements. He's made 100s of millions WITHOUT Giselle. Sure, it doesn't hurt that he married the richest supermodel in history, but the guy hasn't exactly earned jag money.

As a Pats fan, it's great to know he'll be around for a few more years. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still a top 3 QB at the end of this deal and he gets ANOTHER one.
    This is what Gisele thinks of Tom's puny income.

Jets Insider VIP
    Except he's already done this once before, in 2005 I believe. And he,s made well over 100 million on his own. So spin all you want. This a GREAT day to be a Pats fan.

Btw..what will the Buttchez make next year?
    Actually, King posted what Brady will actually make and it's more than Buttchez next year. Brady is still being paid in the teens.

For the second time in his illustrious career, Brady is doing something players in this day and age simply do not do: As he did in 2005, Brady, a league source told SI.com, is signing a contract with New England that will pay him significantly less money than the market will bear, in large part to help the Patriots stay competitive for the next five seasons.

Amazingly, according to the source, the deal is for an eye-poppingly conservative $27 million, which is less than half his worth by any measure.

The upshot of the deal is to give the Patriots massive cap relief in a flat-cap era. He was due to count $43.6 million on the New England salary cap in 2013 and 2014. Now, his cap numbers will add up to $28.6 million in the next two years, a savings of $15 million in cap dollars at a time the Patriots have free agents they want to sign to help keep the team atop the AFC East, which they have dominated since Brady took over at quarterback in 2001.

"To be the highest-paid, or anything like that, is not going to make me feel any better,'' he said in 2005. "That's not what makes me happy. In this game, the more one player gets, the more he takes away from what others can get. Is it going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which, after taxes, is about $500,000? That million might be more important to the team.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...iots-contract/
    He feels guilty for cheating and doesn't want to be known for stealing too when he is 40!!!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    I suspect that Peter King in his calculations forgot Krafty's "under the table" cash.
    What he said......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-brady-deal/

[QUOTE]
    When I first heard about Peter Kingís report that the Patriots had signed quarterback Tom Brady to a three-year, $27 million extension, I assumed the deal was worth $27 million per year.

Itís not. For committing to the Patriots in the 2015, 2016, and 2017 seasons, Brady gets a total of $27 million.

It appears, as explained last night, to be nothing more than an effort to reduce Bradyís cap number in 2013 and 2014, the final two years of his existing deal. Itís hard to spread money over the years of a contract if the contract covers only two more seasons. Come 2015, the likely reality is that a new deal will be done ó after the appearance that Brady has taken less is used to squeeze other players into doing the same thing, which the Pats did masterfully last decade.

Still, teams and agents are looking at the numbers and wonder what else could be going on. Whispers of a side deals already have begun in league circles, even though there is (and likely will be) no proof of a wink-nod arrangement that will see Brady get compensated in other ways.

Sides deals arenít unprecedented in pro football. The Broncos lost a second-round pick, a third-round pick, and paid a $950,000 for violations relating to $29 million in deferred payments to John Elway and Terrell Davis during the teamís Super Bowl window of the late 1990s. Again, there is (and likely will be) no proof of a side deal in this case.

Now that more and more teams are pressed against the salary cap and trying to finagle spending space, suspicions of side arrangements and briefcases full of cash will return to the NFL ó even if no team is ever caught or is ever guilty.

In Bradyís case, the facts as presently known raise natural red flags. At a time when the high-water mater for quarterbacks is $20 million, the notion that Brady would commit to playing for less than half that average over a three-year window starting three seasons from now makes no sense.

At a minimum, agent Don Yee has provided his competitors with more than enough ammunition for the inherently cutthroat game of chasing new clients. At a maximum, teams and agents will probe for something/anything to explain why Tom Brady was willing to sign a contract that pays him so much less than heíll be worth starting two years from now.

Maybe, in the end, the explanation is that, given his wifeís obscene earnings, heís willing to take a lot less money in order to help that Pats stack the deck for another Super Bowl run or two.[\QUOTE]

I guarantee that the Pats will take the same approach as the Colts. Play to win the next two years, and then 'Suck for Luck II' will begin.

No question about it. it's a smart move. They can blame an aging Brady on their decline.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some other player in Brady's position (Manning maybe) do the same thing to give his team cap relief. The agents must be ticked off. I bet some of the players are too. Classic move by the Pats. No wonder Kraft is a billionaire.

60 Million guaranteed for a declining 37 year old QB?

Outstanding!
    Ray, Brady is going to be dead by the time this thread is over, first he was 35, then you said he was 36 and now he is 37, this is like that Mel Gibson movie where he ages overnight.

All Pro
    I dunno. I think that Tom giving the Pats an extra $7 million of wiggle room under the cap, this year and next, is a legit story.

Pat's now have close to $30 mill. by some accounts. That's a lotta cheese to spread around when so many other top teams are being squeezed by the flat cap.
    That doesn't mean they will spend it. The Pats have played well below the cap before.

Banned
    Huh?

Other than his serious knee injury in 2007, Brady has never missed a NFL start in his 12-year career.

But all of a sudden, you think he will be some kind of injury prone QB.

Maybe the Pats should start working player contracts like the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ray, Brady is going to be dead by the time this thread is over, first he was 35, then you said he was 36 and now he is 37, this is like that Mel Gibson movie where he ages overnight.
    Born Aug 1977

36 before this season

Ray is correct about the old geezer