Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who cares really

the ticking clock will be quickly running out on the aging queer by the end of 2014 at the latest (already showing signs of flinching at the first sign of a pass rush)

and then we can all enjoy the Pats decade or more in the basement as they search (LOLphins like) for the NEXT BRADY...

hint... for my pats pals --- it isn't million dollar arm, ten cent brain Jeff George II, your current back up)
    Why do you even care what Brady and the Pats do?

They will continue to dominate the AFCE for the next 5 years, just like they have done for well over the last decade.

Shouldn't you be more concerned what the Bills and the Phins are doing so the Jets can stay out of the AFCE basement?

Your team won't see the north side of .500 for the next 3 or 4 years.

Have fun with you upcoming 5-11 seasons.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

They will continue to dominate the AFCE for the next 5 years, just like they have done for well over the last decade.

Shouldn't you be more concerned what the Bills and the Phins are doing so the Jets can stay out of the AFCE basement?

Ouch.

At least you didn't point out that Mallet sucks, and yet he'd be better than any QB on the Jets roster at the moment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who cares really

the ticking clock will be quickly running out on the aging queer by the end of 2014 at the latest (already showing signs of flinching at the first sign of a pass rush)

and then we can all enjoy the Pats decade or more in the basement as they search (LOLphins like) for the NEXT BRADY...

hint... for my pats pals --- it isn't million dollar arm, ten cent brain Jeff George II, your current back up)
    What have the Jets been searching for over the last 35 years or so?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post. Dominating a ****ty division is exactly what the Pats have done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Good post. Dominating a ****ty conference is exactly what the Pats have done.
    Fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Fixed.
    Pretty much. The league overall is about as mediocre as ever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Pretty much. The league overall is about as mediocre as ever.
    6-10 is not mediocre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    6-10 is not mediocre.
    6 and 10 sucks but the Jets a team that absolutely sucks won 6 games. That tells you all you need to know about the inflated Pats record. If Brady hadn't developed a case of the yips in the big games the Pats should have won about 8 SB in this very mediocre league. Maybe that's why he's taking a below market deal?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the reason NE wins, the players are not concerned with themselves, they are concerned with the big picture, winning games and championships, and us Jets fans are no better.

We are so concerned with wishing for Brady's retirement so we can be on top, before Brady it was Marino. Let me remind you all, we were not on top before Brady, or Marino for that fact, and when Brady is finally gone, unless we as a team and management wake up, we still won’t be on top.

Div Titles for the 4 teams still in the Div
    NE,15
    Miami, 14
    Buf, 10
    NYJ, 4

Embarrassing, we look like Jerk offs always wishing for the other teams demise.

Just my opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the second time in his illustrious career, Brady is doing something players in this day and age simply do not do: As he did in 2005, Brady, a league source told SI.com, is signing a contract with New England that will pay him significantly less money than the market will bear, in large part to help the Patriots stay competitive for the next five seasons.

Amazingly, according to the source, the deal is for an eye-poppingly conservative $27 million, which is less than half his worth by any measure.

The upshot of the deal is to give the Patriots massive cap relief in a flat-cap era. He was due to count $43.6 million on the New England salary cap in 2013 and 2014. Now, his cap numbers will add up to $28.6 million in the next two years, a savings of $15 million in cap dollars at a time the Patriots have free agents they want to sign to help keep the team atop the AFC East, which they have dominated since Brady took over at quarterback in 2001.

"To be the highest-paid, or anything like that, is not going to make me feel any better,'' he said in 2005. "That's not what makes me happy. In this game, the more one player gets, the more he takes away from what others can get. Is it going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which, after taxes, is about $500,000? That million might be more important to the team.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...iots-contract/
    damn i hate him but wish more players would think this way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    right. his arm is shot and he's always been quite a statue. the pats will be paying him high guaranteed money til he's in a wheelchair. and i suspect that as long as he's there they won't be able to bring in a young guy to take over.

imo the patsies have handcuffed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He's not a Superbowl MVP caliber QB anymore. It's good that the Pats realize this. Sometimes it's okay to admit you're over the hill.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    right. his arm is shot and he's always been quite a statue. the pats will be paying him high guaranteed money til he's in a wheelchair. and i suspect that as long as he's there they won't be able to bring in a young guy to take over.

You "suspect" that a young guy wont be brought in? Why? Did it stop them from drafting Mallet?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It's over. You're right. You see it too. LOL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you and I would have done things differently.

What I don't understand is fans (of any team) who think it it worthwhile to pay players based on what they have done in the past. Kinda like they "owe" them something.

That's totally ridiculous and that's exactly how teams get stuck with crappy contracts in the future.

The point you make in your last post is dead-on. Based on Welker's advancing age and lack of "big play" production, that should not lead to a contract extension. It would be a dumb move.

It is imperative the Pats get Brady 1, if not 2, legitimate downfield WR's this year. They haven't had that since Randy Moss.

With the improvement of a down-field passing game, it would totally minimize the loss of Welker.
    You can't take a loyal and very productive player like Welker and dump him over a few dollars. Now that he has made his big 9.5 mil hit, I'm hoping that he'll come back at a less than market value contract and continue to be a thorn in the side of every team the Pats face.

I'd also like to see some of that Brady cap gift used to sign Vollmer, another solid, loyal and productive player.

My last choice would be to bring back Talib. He was injured much too often for me to want to gamble much on him. I'd use his money for a deep threat at WR.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who thinks Brady is slowing down by the time he hits 40 is kidding themselves.

The guy could probably go till 45 if he wanted to. He's that good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    You can't take a loyal and very productive player like Welker and dump him over a few dollars. Now that he has made his big 9.5 mil hit, I'm hoping that he'll come back at a less than market value contract and continue to be a thorn in the side of every team the Pats face.

I'd also like to see some of that Brady cap gift used to sign Vollmer, another solid, loyal and productive player.

My last choice would be to bring back Talib. He was injured much too often for me to want to gamble much on him. I'd use his money for a deep threat at WR.
    Welker is and has never been the problem. He's one of the best slot WRs ever. The issue is giving their offense a fast, physical WR who works the outside. People who want to dump Welker are in favor of a more downfield offense, you can have both.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Welker is and has never been the problem. He's one of the best slot WRs ever. The issue is giving their offense a fast, physical WR who works the outside. People who want to dump Welker are in favor of a more downfield offense, you can have both.
    You just nailed it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow > Brady