Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 187

Thread: PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life.

  1. #41
    @AdamSchefter: And Tom Brady gave Patriots cap room in the two years it is tightest. Cap will go up big in 2015. But until then, Brady bails out Pats.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post
    I hate the SOB. Him and mumbles.

    Best QB of his generation however, and also shows that he is not a mercenary. Classy, team-first move.

    If he were Revis he would wait to go o the open market and demand the highest salary (annual) in NFL history.

    Get rid of all the mercenaries !!!!!
    Yup, like Brees... Total mercenary. It's a great thing that Brady is doing, and he wants to win another championship. But he's on a team that has the talent to win. Revis isn't.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: And Tom Brady gave Patriots cap room in the two years it is tightest. Cap will go up big in 2015. But until then, Brady bails out Pats.
    I don't care if they have cap room. They never do anything with this cap room except resign players. They never go after big time free agents and quality players.

  4. #44
    Seems like a classy move by Brady, and smart too because the Pats will have more cap room to build a good team around him. Rare to see this especially when you see what guys like Flacco and Brees have pulled with respect to contracts lately

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,453
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    yeah, Ugg, the dodge Dart and Movado watches, Stetson, and Nike (everybody)
    and Sirius radio. Nothing like Manning or Brees, especailly in light of him being connected to the fashion industry.
    You forgot Under Armour, one of his biggest deals.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,527
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @SI_PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life. Will have full details to you very shortly.
    He probably signed an agreement to get "consulting fees" of say 500K a year for 10 years after he retires to show up once or twice a season.

  7. #47
    One off-season ago, we signed Sanchez to a 3 year $40 million extension.

    Jesus.


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    One off-season ago, Tannenbaum signed Sanchez to a 3 year $40 million extension.

    Jesus.

    Fixed and taken care of.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,527
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL..if I am the Ravens I tell Flacco we will give you Tom Brady money, take it or leave it??
    He'll say fine. I want Cornerback money and wait for Mevis to sign.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He'll say fine. I want Cornerback money and wait for Mevis to sign.
    Stop being a doosh.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    They do go quantity not quality.

    Which in the end may have cost them 3-4 championships.

    I will say this until the end. The Patriots under Belichick have actually underachieved what they could have been. They could have 6-7 championships by now if they had drafted correctly and gotten a few more big players.
    And you can say that about every team, if they drafted better? Sure so could have Indy the Giants, the Ravens every team. No team in the history of the combined league has gotten close to 6-7 championships in 11 years.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And you can say that about every team, if they drafted better? Sure so could have Indy the Giants, the Ravens every team. No team in the history of the combined league has gotten close to 6-7 championships in 11 years.
    And IMO the Patriots would have been the first.

    2006-Lose to the Colts in the AFC Championship game
    2007- Lose to the Giants in the Super Bowl
    2011-Lose to the Giants in the Super Bowl
    2012- Lose to the Ravens in the AFC championship

    That's 4 more opportunities to win it all that were lost on a few plays. I could even put in the Jets loss in 2010 as a missed opportunity because they were 14-2.

  13. #53
    Revis are you listening???

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,527
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And you can say that about every team, if they drafted better? Sure so could have Indy the Giants, the Ravens every team. No team in the history of the combined league has gotten close to 6-7 championships in 11 years.
    I dont think you under achieved, as did the Atlanta Braves and the Bills circa 1990 to 1994 BUT what team has won 3 SB's and been to the game another 2 times in 12 years??? getting toi the big game is extremely difficult.

    I'd say , all in all, the under achieved argument is weak but I see his point.

  15. #55
    Say what you will about the guy, but he's 'team first', 100%.

    Maybe he could have a talk with Revis and get HIM to do the same thing...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I dont think you under achieved, as did the Atlanta Braves and the Bills circa 1990 to 1994 BUT what team has won 3 SB's and been to the game another 2 times in 12 years??? getting toi the big game is extremely difficult.

    I'd say , all in all, the under achieved argument is weak but I see his point.
    I'm a Yankee fan. The Braves underachieved that decade. We got in their way and also they never had that clutch player in the playoffs like Reggie Jackson or Ray Knight with the Mets in '86.

    As for the Pats, it's not underachieving to really any team, its underachieving when you look at the facts. You have the greatest HC and QB of the past decade and you can only manage 3 Super Bowl championships early on?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't care if they have cap room. They never do anything with this cap room except resign players. They never go after big time free agents and quality players.
    That's not true. They rarely do it, but they definitely have made big splashes in free agency in the past.

    In 2007, they got Adalius Thomas (who was considered the biggest free agent that year even if he was a bust of a free agent). They also signed several other decent free agents (in terms of free agent interest) like Tyrone Poole and Dante Stallworth as well as traded for Welker.

    In 2003, they signed Roosevelt Colvin (Who was a much sought after free agent at the time) and Rodney Harrison among a few others.

    They have also made trades for marquee players like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

    With the flat cap, many free agents are going to come as values with teams unable to overpay for anyone but the top, top free agents. The Pats may decide it is time to be active in free agency again with $30 million or so of cap space each of the next two years.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    That's not true. They rarely do it, but they definitely have made big splashes in free agency in the past.

    In 2007, they got Adalius Thomas (who was considered the biggest free agent that year even if he was a bust of a free agent). They also signed several other decent free agents (in terms of free agent interest) like Tyrone Poole and Dante Stallworth as well as traded for Welker.

    In 2003, they signed Roosevelt Colvin (Who was a much sought after free agent at the time) and Rodney Harrison among a few others.

    They have also made trades for marquee players like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

    With the flat cap, many free agents are going to come as values with teams unable to overpay for anyone but the top, top free agents. The Pats may decide it is time to be active in free agency again with $30 million or so of cap space each of the next two years.
    The one I will give was Thomas because he was a legitimate A1 free agent. However, they got no championships with him.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    The inside of Peter King's house must look like the streets of New York at the end of Ghostbusters.

  20. #60
    Brady isn't going anywhere unless he knows Ernie Adams will follow, Chirping in his ear at the line of scrimmage.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us