Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PeterKing: Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Like said, Giselle changes everything and makes it much easier to not seek top dollar.

If Brady gets divorced he'll be getting alimony payments.

dont be so sure he will be a patriot for life. at 40 when his contract expires the jets might sign him to a deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If Brady gets divorced he'll be getting alimony payments.
    Why do you think he built that mansion in California?

Hall Of Fame
    I think you guys are overplaying the Giselle factor a little. It is a factor but I think he is one of the few guys who TRULY gets it and realizes what is necessary to win. He knows what is needed for him to continue to play at a high level. He needs his weapons.

IMO this just speaks to the type of competitor he is more than anything. I think he is one of the guys who basically plays for the thrill of beating another man. He has carried that 6th round pick chip on his shoulder his entire career. The man literally has everything and yet the desire is as strong as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think you guys are overplaying the Giselle factor a little. It is a factor but I think he is one of the few guys who TRULY gets it and realizes what is necessary to win. He knows what is needed for him to continue to play at a high level. He needs his weapons.

IMO this just speaks to the type of competitor he is more than anything. I think he is one of the guys who basically plays for the thrill of beating another man. He has carried that 6th round pick chip on his shoulder his entire career. The man literally has everything and yet the desire is as strong as ever.
    cant take away the fact that hes a damn good qb.

As for Brady, he knows he is set for life. He's in the top 5 of QBs all time, he has a beautiful wife who makes a lot of money. Money is no longer a concern for him. So in his mind, he can afford to do this.

This news doesn't really bother me because the Patriots don't spend big money in the first place. They have never gone after the A1 free agents under Belichick. Why would it start now?

I am sure he loves money just as much as the next guy, but he was never one to get the last dollar, you hardly ever see him in a TV ad.

@JasonLaCanfora: Brady's new deal provides $5-$6m of immediate cap relief, I'm told. Big move for him to help Pats retain guys like Welker and Vollmer...

@adbrandt: Key with Brady deal is cash flow compared to what was left on previous deal.

I applaud Brady for doing what is right. More people should follow his lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    As for Brady, he knows he is set for life. He's in the top 5 of QBs all time, he has a beautiful wife who makes a lot of money. Money is no longer a concern for him. So in his mind, he can afford to do this.

This news doesn't really bother me because the Patriots don't spend big money in the first place. They have never gone after the A1 free agents under Belichick. Why would it start now?
    What do you mean? They spend to close to the cap every year. they just allocate to more players rather than 3 or 4 guys. The Giants, Steelers, Colts, Ravens none of them do.
    Last edited by patman; 02-25-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Drew Brees was already set for life. So was Peyton and Eli Manning before they all signed their new deals.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Last season was the first season where I've thought that Brady's abilities had declined a bit. It was only small but it was there. STill a top 2 QB in the league however...

And it sucks he helped the Pats out in terms of money.

+1

It was negligible, but you can tell that Tom Brady isn't a great deep ball thrower anymore like he was in 2007, 2009. He was just out of sync with Lloyd all year. They won't do it, but I'd love to see them waste a lot of money on a guy like Mike Wallace instead of retaining Welker.

He's still lights out accurate, extremely smart with the football, and a top 2 QB like you mentioned, however.

It's also a smart investment. The better the team the more records he breaks and the higher his stock goes for the rest of his life. 3 year investment in the long term. Smart not charitable.

Bingo.

Meanwhile in above average but not elite QB land, Joe Flacco is foolishly asking for a deal that will hamstring his team's ability to get back to the promised land. For that I say, "Go right ahead, Joe."

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am sure he loves money just as much as the next guy, but he was never one to get the last dollar, you hardly ever see him in a TV ad.

All League
    I could have swore the Patriots didn't want Welker back becuase of his declining ability, not his price tag, but now with a little change in their pocket, it's all systems go. I hope they do sign Welker now, because I will love to hear how it gets spun. The Patriots always got stroked for breaking things off with players beforw their decline, seems to be the opposite these days.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Don't think for a minute there isn't some hush money involved with the deal....now Brady is building a monster home in Brookline, on the same street Krafy has a home...c'mon, you have to see right through this

Brookline
    Plan for new Brookline home, possibly Tom Brady's, approved by zoning board

By Brock Parker, Town Correspondent

Brookline’s Zoning Board of Appeals Thursday unanimously approved a special permit that will enable Pine Manor College to subdivide a piece of its Brookline property and sell it to be developed as a home.

The small college in Chestnut Hill already has a buyer interested in the 5.2-acre lot on Heath Street, and some, including the Boston Herald, have speculated New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady and his wife Gisele Bundchen want to build a home there.

Brookline Attorney Robert Allen is representing the buyer, but has not revealed who his client is. Allen said a home that would be built on the property would have separate structures for domestic employees and a separate 1,300 square-foot yoga studio or gym for personal use. Allen said the home will be about 10,000 square feet. The zoning board also unanimously approved a special permit that would allow the yoga studio.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his son, team president Jonathan Kraft, both live near the property and are supporting the college’s plan. No neighbors expressed opposition to the board about the proposal Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What do you mean? They spend to close to the cap every year. they just allocate to more players rather than 3 or 4 guys. The Giants, Steelers, Colts, Ravens none of them do.
    They do go quantity not quality.

Which in the end may have cost them 3-4 championships.

I will say this until the end. The Patriots under Belichick have actually underachieved what they could have been. They could have 6-7 championships by now if they had drafted correctly and gotten a few more big players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    yeah, Ugg, the dodge Dart and Movado watches, Stetson, and Nike (everybody)
    and Sirius radio. Nothing like Manning or Brees, especailly in light of him being connected to the fashion industry.

That's awesome that he's doing that. Seriously. I understand he's still making $9 million a year and his wife makes a ridiculous amount of money, but still. He could be a douche like Revis and squeeze the team for every penny and he's not.