Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: maniSH!T is at it again re: Revis/Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Next year, Mr. & Mrs. Brady will have a combined annual salary of $49MM.

What does Mrs. Revis bring to the table?

What Brady did will have absolutely no bearing on what Revis will do, and rightfully so.

Totally different situations.

Gisele made $45 mill last year. Unless she takes a beating that means Tom is only getting $4mill? That's a haircut, no?
    Plus Tom gets a fair amount of sponsor money. Plus, does he invest?

Does Revis have ads? Sanchez got a Pepsi one, God knows why.
    Revis and Sanchez are both me me me. Great for a team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Izdik is not obligated to meet with his agents at the combine, but he should sit down with them soon. The Jets absolutely have to at least see what it would take to extend Revis. If they decide it's too much, so be it, but at least sit down with his agents.
    Isn't Revis owed a $1MM roster bonus on March 1st?

Wouldn't the Jets want to know what Revis is looking for prio to paying out a cool mil?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't the Jets want to know what Revis is looking for prio to paying out a cool mil?
    My guess is that they probably already know.

As for the story, even ESPN is not touching it on their website so even they think it's stupid.

By the way, PatsFanTX, you rarely respond to my points. Why is that? It gives me the impression that that you have no critical points to respond to which leads me to believe that I have won the particular debate.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-26-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyNYJets View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Text from AFC executive re: Jets brass not meeting with Darrelle @Revis24's agents at Combine: "B.S. treatment for your best player." #nyj
    Wait a minute....a rival Exec is stirring the pot here? This must be news!!!

Did Revis's agents TRY to meet with the Jets only to be rebuffed? THAT would be a story.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    My guess is that they probably already know.

As for the story, even ESPN is not touching it on their website so even they think it's stupid.

By the way, PatsFanTX, you rarely respond to my points. Why is that? It gives me the impression that that you have no critical points to respond to which leads me to believe that I have won the particular debate.
    He's scared of you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He's scared of you.
    You said that. I didn't. On the record.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy is Skip Bayless with a typewriter.

All he does is pull at the strings of the unintelligent. It's really said what print media is reduced to these days.

Following football is a lot more manageable when you tune this guy out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You're talking about a team that paid a $2 mil roster bonus to Wayne Hunter, then proceeded to trade him before the end of camp for a guy who's already been cut from the team. A million for Revis is nothing by comparison.

Besides, there's no way the Jets would have gotten any information before the first that would have gotten them out of paying that bonus.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

My apologies Eckesg1, I try to answer every direct question that is asked to me.

There are only 2 reasons why I won't respond:

1) I missed your question reading through the thread.

2) The question was so stupid, it did not warrant a response.

My guess with you, it's the former and not the latter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies Eckesg1, I try to answer every direct question that is asked to me.

There are only 2 reasons why I won't respond:

1) I missed your question reading through the thread.

2) The question was so stupid, it did not warrant a response.

My guess with you, it's the former and not the latter.
    I don't address you directly so that probably explains it on my end. I appreciate that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If indeed there is any deliberate intention to ignore each other at the combine(assuming you understand this cuts both ways,so if Revis agents were so desperate to be seen publicly negotiating with the Jets top brass there was nothing stopping them from...um....calling the Jets and arranging a cosy chat in the Marriott !)the likelihood is it's because both parties have agreed to postpone any dialogue until after the event and in private.

The media circus surrounding Revis is such that any meeting in Indianapolis could never have escaped the attentions of the several hundred or so football execs and journalists.In fact any get together would've been likely to have created an even bigger frenzy of speculation.Who tends to benefit from that?

I highly suspect that at the very least the Jets do not want to add fuel to the fire,any Revis discussions need to be done as far from the glare of publicity as possible.Indy this week would be the last place you'd get together,unless of course both sides agreed that putting on a show was mutually beneficial.

Perhaps Feinsod & Schwarz,frustrated that the Jets haven't come running with blank cheques,wanted to create a little discomfort for the Jets,hence the 'sources' close to Manish Mehta....or perhaps what contact there has been between the two parties made it clear that avoiding each other in Indianapolis with a view to conducting business in private at a later date was the correct way to proceed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He brings up how the Jets met with other players agents, but failed to mention the difference that those other players are going to be free agents.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had to chuckle at this Mehta 'gem':

A league source said that it was a red herring to suggest that a lucrative long-term contract for Revis could cripple the Jets’ salary cap for years. A six-year contract extension, for example, with a significant signing bonus and relatively small base salaries each season, would spread the cap hits out to manageable amounts.

Yeah, because using this strategy for managing Revis's cap hit has worked oh so well over the past two deals.

NOT.

As soon as Revis pocketed the upfront money he's be b*tching that he was playing for 'peanuts' in salary the following season!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post

A league source said that it was a red herring to suggest that a lucrative long-term contract for Revis could cripple the Jets’ salary cap for years. A six-year contract extension, for example, with a significant signing bonus and relatively small base salaries each season, would spread the cap hits out to manageable amounts.

Yeah, because using this strategy for managing Revis's cap hit has worked oh so well over the past two deals.

NOT.

As soon as Revis pocketed the upfront money he's be b*tching that he was playing for 'peanuts' in salary the following season!

Tru dat

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Please keep in mind that they had no scheduled meeting and this story is pure conjecture.

NY Jets brass including owner Woody Johnson, snubs Darrelle Revis' agents at NFL scouting combine in major sign star CB may not return

The brushoff, which new GM John Izdik and Rex Ryan were also involved in, comes one month after reports surfaced that Johnson wanted the Jets to explore all options involving Revis — who can become an unrestricted free agent after this season — including trading him.

Seeing you put up a thread calling out the media for another one of their shameless gems brings a tear to my eye...

Proud of you... baby steps!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post

NOT.

The first deal was his rookie contract, the last deal was his first FA deal, and it wasn't a deal that was structured in a way that spread out a large signing bonus over a longer number of years, in fact, the deal the Jets would consider will be very much opposite his last type of deal, backloading the deal, and avoid giving out a lot of up front money due to their current cap situation. They could give him a deal that pays him peanuts in cap dollars for this season, and is backloaded in the years starting in 2015 which is when the cap is supposed to go up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    If indeed there is any deliberate intention to ignore each other at the combine(assuming you understand this cuts both ways,so if Revis agents were so desperate to be seen publicly negotiating with the Jets top brass there was nothing stopping them from...um....calling the Jets and arranging a cosy chat in the Marriott !)the likelihood is it's because both parties have agreed to postpone any dialogue until after the event and in private.

The media circus surrounding Revis is such that any meeting in Indianapolis could never have escaped the attentions of the several hundred or so football execs and journalists.In fact any get together would've been likely to have created an even bigger frenzy of speculation.Who tends to benefit from that?

I highly suspect that at the very least the Jets do not want to add fuel to the fire,any Revis discussions need to be done as far from the glare of publicity as possible.Indy this week would be the last place you'd get together,unless of course both sides agreed that putting on a show was mutually beneficial.

Perhaps Feinsod & Schwarz,frustrated that the Jets haven't come running with blank cheques,wanted to create a little discomfort for the Jets,hence the 'sources' close to Manish Mehta....or perhaps what contact there has been between the two parties made it clear that avoiding each other in Indianapolis with a view to conducting business in private at a later date was the correct way to proceed
    Agreed, and makes the most sense.

Idzik is already changing the culture of the front office, there are no leaks from the team, and the beat hacks are in for a rude awakening.

Manish will be one of the biggest affected, but in response, he's going to be come an even bigger doosh, fabricating and making up bull****, or putting his spin machine on full power.

It was hilarious seeing Mayock blow off Manish's manifesto and Manish get all butt hurt about it..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Agreed, and makes the most sense.

Idzik is already changing the culture of the front office, there are no leaks from the team, and the beat hacks are in for a rude awakening.

Manish will be one of the biggest affected, but in response, he's going to be come an even bigger doosh, fabricating and making up bull****, or putting his spin machine on full power.

It was hilarious seeing Mayock blow off Manish's manifesto and Manish get all butt hurt about it..
    Are you suggesting the Tanny front office needed change? Or that they had leaks? The last year and a half all I heard from the likes of you was that the media fabricated everything, and Tanny was in full charge and making well-advised moves.

So now the culture is changed for a good thing, meaning the former culture was a bad thing? Or was it all just Pettine leaking to Manish and single-handedly driving the Jets media?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    This makes no sense. If Revis wants $15M/ Year, then it has to show up in the cap somehow. A signifcant singing bonus simply means that instead of a large cap hit coming in 2013, it's spread out until 2018 (or it escalates if he is cut at some point)

1. The first part makes no sense either. If Revis reaches unrestricted Free Agency, how would he also incur a $9M cap charge. Maybe I don't understand the Revis contract, as I know the last 3 years are voided, but how would a Free Agent ever count against the cap

Because Tanny in order to keep the cap number low added these voidable years to the end of the contract in order to spread out the SB amortization over more years so instead of taking a 6 mill SB proration every year by adding on the voidable years allowed it to drop the yearly allocation to 3mill.
    So there is 9 mill (3 years X 3 mill per) of amortization that comes due when the contract is voided

I think the premise of the article is right, The OP questioned Manish take since it was not like either the jets or the agents didn't schedule a meeting not having one is not news. My take is that it is news, why didn't the meet? The guy is a FA at the end of the year and they are not meeting with his agents? That is out of the ordinary and Manish mentioned the other players (agents) in a similar situation had all met with the jets.

What I don't like is that he did not call the agents to determine to see if they were the ones that did not want to meet. I know it sounds stupid for them not to but the loop should have been closed. It could have just been a scheduling conflict.
    The other players will become FA's this off-season, Revis is under contract for another year.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-26-2013 at 10:17 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright folks, need some new Jets guys to follow on twitter. Done with Manish after this one. Suggestions?