Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: maniSH!T is at it again re: Revis/Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Are you suggesting the Tanny front office needed change? Or that they had leaks? The last year and a half all I heard from the likes of you was that the media fabricated everything, and Tanny was in full charge and making well-advised moves.

So now the culture is changed for a good thing, meaning the former culture was a bad thing? Or was it all just Pettine leaking to Manish and single-handedly driving the Jets media?
    Don't troll me Pats fan. My point isn't a knock on Tannenbaum, but rather that there change in the regime and the media is even more desperate to dig up the next round of dirt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Seeing you put up a thread calling out the media for another one of their shameless gems brings a tear to my eye...

Proud of you... baby steps!!!
    Don't you get soft on me now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Don't troll me Pats fan. My point isn't a knock on Tannenbaum, but rather that there change in the regime and the media is even more desperate to dig up the next round of dirt.
    Do you always blame the media for every one of the Jets failures?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is ignoring the leverage in the Jets' favor: if Revis doesn't agree to a deal now, he needs to play out the season to get paid. And if he has another season-ending injury he can kiss 16M a year goodbye, he'd get a lot less and a lot less guaranteed money.

As much as his current contract is being criticized, that's one reason it was done that way. Both parties have motivation to do a new deal.

Even though he wants 16M, most people would take, say, 11M a year with 30M upfront, especially for a team they say they want to stay with. If the Jets don't try to start negotiations with those parameters in mind then it *is* on them. Revis' previous holdout was done in part to get paid without injury risk, he may well have similar motivations now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the other side of the negotiating coin. Put it this way....if Revis plays without renegotiating and he blows the knee up again, what's he worth next year as a FA coming off two consecutive seasons ended because of knee trouble?

I'd have to guess he'd be well south of $10MM/season with little of it guaranteed.

So while playing out the string on his current contract seems like a no-brainer, he could completely miss out on the last huge payday he's hoping for. IMO, something like $12MM/season over five years now with a big chunk guaranteed does not seem 'insulting' when you fairly evaluate the risk profile. Particularly since his income this year will rise from $6MM or whatever it is to probably 3-4 times that with signing bonus factored in.

Whether Revis sees it that way is a completely different story.