Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who the experts have as Jets first round pick

If the Jets have the opportunity to draft Patterson and they don't it will be the dumbest move since drafting Vernon Gholston 4th overall. You can beg for pass rush all you want but this team needs play-makers and that is exactly what this guy is. The NFL is a passing league now with high octane offenses that will put 35 points for fun. WE NEED WEAPONS PEOPLE!!! He can do it in all aspects of the game and he can break one at any time. Patterson is a better prospect than any D-linemen in the draft and if he played more than one year of D-1 football he would be a top 5 pick. And please stop with the Steven Hill comparisons, Hill couldn't shine this guys shoes. He is Percy Harvin with size, watch his game tape, the dude is filth. That's all for now. God Bless.

-G

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    If the Jets have the opportunity to draft Patterson and they don't it will be the dumbest move since drafting Vernon Gholston 4th overall. You can beg for pass rush all you want but this team needs play-makers and that is exactly what this guy is. The NFL is a passing league now with high octane offenses that will put 35 points for fun. WE NEED WEAPONS PEOPLE!!! He can do it in all aspects of the game and he can break one at any time. Patterson is a better prospect than any D-linemen in the draft and if he played more than one year of D-1 football he would be a top 5 pick. And please stop with the Steven Hill comparisons, Hill couldn't shine this guys shoes. He is Percy Harvin with size, watch his game tape, the dude is filth. That's all for now. God Bless.

-G
    I dont think he has shown nearly enough as a receiver to be drafted in the top 10. He made some plays in the return game and on sweeps and reverses, but as a receiver he looked far from a top 10 pick.

Jets Insider VIP

-G

The kid is raw as hell and was playing junior college ball just a year ago.

If we were picking at the tailend of Round 1, then sure, take a shot on the kid.

But there's no damn way I'm drafting him in the Top 10.

If I'm taking a huge gamble with the 9th pick, I'm taking a QB like Barkley or Geno if they fall. Not a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The kid is raw as hell and was playing junior college ball just a year ago.

If we were picking at the tailend of Round 1, then sure, take a shot on the kid.

But there's no damn way I'm drafting him in the Top 10.

If I'm taking a huge gamble with the 9th pick, I'm taking a QB like Barkley or Geno if they fall. Not a receiver.
    Yeah look at the numbers he put up in his first year. Look at the yardage from the line of scrimmage, td's. By the way Cam Newton played one year of college coming from juco and took the league by storm. Geno and Barkley are not elite prospects in my opinion and Patterson's ceiling is higher than any WR on the board. You guys are scared bc you think hes another Steven Hill, he's not. I'm telling you this guy will be a beast when all is said and done.

-G

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah look at the numbers he put up in his first year. Look at the yardage from the line of scrimmage, td's. By the way Cam Newton played one year of college coming from juco and took the league by storm. Geno and Barkley are not elite prospects in my opinion and Patterson's ceiling is higher than any WR on the board. You guys are scared bc you think hes another Steven Hill, he's not. I'm telling you this guy will be a beast when all is said and done.

-G
    He's not Julio Jones or AJ Green, so there's no damn way I'm taking him in the Top 10.

It's debatable as to whether he's even the best WR in a draft class that is devoid of top end talent.

With seemingly all of the passrushers and skill players carrying an exuberant amount of red flags, I'd either take an elite OL like Warmack or roll the dice on one of the QB's like Geno or Barkley if they're available.

He's not Julio Jones or AJ Green, so there's no damn way I'm taking him in the Top 10.

It's debatable as to whether he's even the best WR in a draft class that is devoid of top end talent.

With seemingly all of the passrushers and skill players carrying an exuberant amount of red flags, I'd either take an elite OL like Warmack or roll the dice on one of the QB's like Geno or Barkley if they're available.
    No he's not Julio Jones or A.J Green, he's a 6'3 version of Percy Harvin. Would you take that in the top 10!? Look there is a reason why most NFL scouts have him as the #1 WR in this class and a possible top 10 pick. He is absolutely the most talented WR in this class and his upside is higher than any offensive player on the board. I respect where you're coming from though. It takes major cajones to take a WR #9th overall especially one who has only played one year of Division 1 football. But in my opinion passing up on a talent like Patterson when our offense is ranked last in almost every category is asinine. That's all for now.

-G

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Looking at all the mock drafts by those who write about football for a living, the Jets first round pick boils down to two likley options. WR Cordarrelle Patterson, the top rated WR. The other option is a DE/OLB with about all of the top five DE/OLB having been selected by various mock drafts. A very few of the writers pick an offensive lineman.

My guess is WR Cordarrelle Patterson will be the pick who is an obvious need pick in an offensive challenged team.
    Picking Patterson would be such an insane pick. You cannot take a guy with barely any college production in the top 10. Who are we the Raiders chasing after Heyward-Bey?

Idzik is too smart to do it. WR really isn't even that high on the list of the Jets concerns on offense. And Patterson would be the worst WR taken in the top 10 since Hayward-Bey.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    If his tape matches his combine performance I would take Jordan at #9
    Jordan, Mingo, Ansah, Damontre Moore.

No he's not Julio Jones or A.J Green, he's a 6'3 version of Percy Harvin. Would you take that in the top 10!? Look there is a reason why most NFL scouts have him as the #1 WR in this class and a possible top 10 pick. He is absolutely the most talented WR in this class and his upside is higher than any offensive player on the board. I respect where you're coming from though. It takes major cajones to take a WR #9th overall especially one who has only played one year of Division 1 football. But in my opinion passing up on a talent like Patterson when our offense is ranked last in almost every category is asinine. That's all for now.

-G
    Our offense was ranked last or close to last because we had just about the worst QB in the league. Other teams ranked near us: Cards, Jags. Any position they stink at too? It's QB. The problem is QB, picking a WR does nothing to fix that. You can win in the NFL with a group of Holmes, Kerley, Hill, and Edwards. You can win in the NFL with a mid-round RB and a nondescript TE. You cannot win with one of the worst 5 starting QBs in the league.

Waterboy
    Patterson is talented but raw, the Jets already drafted a talented but raw WR last year in Hill. the best choice on draft position and available talent would be to draft a OLB, either Mingo or Jordan would be great picks

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This, +1

Ljr

(edit - i prefer OLB at that spot over both QB & WR)
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 02-27-2013 at 06:47 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This could be 2008 all over again for us. Very few blue chip players. We may end up with the "who else were we gonna take?"
    Fck me. That was the worst. We better have plan. Even if that plan is Cooper, or Vaccaro, I don't care. Patterson is so far from being a 9th overall selection. Lack of talent is inflating stock in a staggering way.

All Pro
    No he's not Julio Jones or A.J Green, he's a 6'3 version of Percy Harvin.
    Allow the guy who knows wide receivers (and has the track record to prove it) to inform you that - what you said above is ridiculous. ...wes welker isa 5.9 version of Megatron... really? Guys with Percy harvin's playmaking ability are the Cobb's of the league. their size is part of why they're able to do the things they do.

Patterson's stock reflects his ability to create plays in space, and the lack of talent this year to contrast him against. He is raw. Like steven hill raw. The dude does not have a body of work to back up his value at all. You want someone to start day 1? You draft Woods. Or Patton, Austin, someone with a body of work that work the field. Most of Patterson's plays came off a sh*t that would get blown up at the NFL level. He isn't beating corners. He isn't burning safeties.

There's talent there, but Patterson could easily find himself landing late in the first, to a team who can afford the luxury of developing him.

[QUOTE=Paradis;4821025]Allow the guy who knows wide receivers (and has the track record to prove it) to inform you that - what you said above is ridiculous. ...wes welker isa 5.9 version of Megatron... really? Guys with Percy harvin's playmaking ability are the Cobb's of the league. their size is part of why they're able to do the things they do.

Patterson's stock reflects his ability to create plays in space, and the lack of talent this year to contrast him against. He is raw. Like steven hill raw. The dude does not have a body of work to back up his value at all. You want someone to start day 1? You draft Woods. Or Patton, Austin, someone with a body of work that work the field. Most of Patterson's plays came off a sh*t that would get blown up at the NFL level. He isn't beating corners. He isn't burning safeties.

Yep just like Steven Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Allow the guy who knows wide receivers (and has the track record to prove it) to inform you that - what you said above is ridiculous. ...wes welker isa 5.9 version of Megatron... really? Guys with Percy harvin's playmaking ability are the Cobb's of the league. their size is part of why they're able to do the things they do.

There's talent there, but Patterson could easily find himself landing late in the first, to a team who can afford the luxury of developing him.

Yep he's just like Steven Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by jrep21pr View Post
    Patterson is talented but raw, the Jets already drafted a talented but raw WR last year in Hill. the best choice on draft position and available talent would be to draft a OLB, either Mingo or Jordan would be great picks
    Yes sir. He's exactly like Steven Hill. I'm surprised him name is not Steven Hill.

All Pro
    Yep he's just like Steven Hill.
    I can't help it if I'm right.

And note that when read correctly, i did not imply Hill and Patterson were the same, simply that Patterson will be similarly undeveloped for the pro-game.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Our offense was ranked last or close to last because we had just about the worst QB in the league. Other teams ranked near us: Cards, Jags. Any position they stink at too? It's QB. The problem is QB, picking a WR does nothing to fix that. You can win in the NFL with a group of Holmes, Kerley, Hill, and Edwards. You can win in the NFL with a mid-round RB and a nondescript TE. You cannot win with one of the worst 5 starting QBs in the league.
    Great WR core we have. Holmes, a locker room cancer coming off lis-franc injury. Hill, a guy who can't catch and caught 15 balls in college. Edwards, average #3 wr who's been dropped by 3 teams in the last 2 years. And Kerley who is a 5'10 slot wr who I happen to like but def not a game breaker. You want to go to war with this WR core for the season? We're gonna go toe-to-toe with Atlanta and New Orleans with these guys? What if Holmes get hurt again? Stop blaming all on Sanchez, yes he sucks but you gotta admit our WR core blows bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Picking Patterson would be such an insane pick. You cannot take a guy with barely any college production in the top 10. Who are we the Raiders chasing after Heyward-Bey?

Idzik is too smart to do it. WR really isn't even that high on the list of the Jets concerns on offense. And Patterson would be the worst WR taken in the top 10 since Hayward-Bey.
    Oh yeah he's just like Heyward-Bey. Yep barely any production.

He set a new school record with 1,858 all-purpose yards in 2012 and was the first NCAA player to score a touchdown four ways in a season since 2008 (receiving, rushing, kick return, punt return).

Look at the game tape. Then tell me he's just like Heyward-Bey.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I can't help it if I'm right.

And note that when read correctly, i did not imply Hill and Patterson were the same, simply that Patterson will be similarly undeveloped for the pro-game.
    Ok, but you do believe that Patterson is a better prospect?