Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who the experts have as Jets first round pick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Ok, but you do believe that Patterson is a better prospect?
    I believe his ceiling is higher for sure. I think he can be a #1 WR for team if given time to develop. It took Bey-bey Thomas a couple years to get there. It'll take Patterson a couple years too. I don't like the way he's being billed right now though, as this year's defacto premium Wideout. That player doesn't exist this year.
    Last edited by Paradis; 02-27-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I believe his ceiling is higher for sure. I think he can be a #1 WR for team if given a couple years to develop. It took Bey-bey Thomas a couple years to get there. It'll take Patterson a couple years too. I don't like the way he's being billed right now though, as this year's defacto premium Wideout. That players doesn't exist this year.
    I agree. He's going to need time to develop for sure, but I feel his upside is tremendous. I've just never seen 6'3 WR move like that. It's not just straight line speed with him, he's making cats from Bama look foolish on that game tape. His feet are so quick he can stop and change directions in an instant. Guys his size are not supposed to move like that. He has a very special skill set and I think that is why is being billed as defacto #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'd rather trade for KC's #1 next year...
    And #2 this year, nothing less for Revis!

Patterson at #9

Bray at #38

??

I think Bray will jump as we get closer to the draft, Flacco like, he's probably the most gifted QB in this year's class from a pure QB perspective, he won't run the pistol, but he is a big pocket passer that can move enough, two positions that are of major need if team moves on from Sanchez, and even if they don't, Bray is good competition for Sanchez and another prospect for the Jets to invest in, and he would have his top target growing with him at the NFL level.

It's an option I'm starting to like and could make sense for this year's Jets team.

I agree. He's going to need time to develop for sure, but I feel his upside is tremendous. I've just never seen 6'3 WR move like that. It's not just straight line speed with him, he's making cats from Bama look foolish on that game tape. His feet are so quick he can stop and change directions in an instant. Guys his size are not supposed to move like that. He has a very special skill set and I think that is why is being billed as defacto #1.
    I agree with everything you've posted in this thread, I like the idea, and I agree the Jets are in a tough spot, at the top of a draft and there is so much uncertainty who the top 10 players truly are, Patterson may not have the polish, but he's a top 10 talent, and teams this year, as well as fans, need to think from this perspective, not the normal measures draftniks put into evaluating draft talent.

After DL WR is our 2nd to last position we need to address. We got Holmes back, and hill back next year. Hill wasn't much of a factor when we wasn't hurt, but hopefully in yr 2 he leans how to use all that raw talent we traded up for. Kerley is solid #3, plug in whoever as #4. I still hope we take warmack, safest best pick by far. When he is opening big holes for our average rbs no one will complain. Since we live and die by our D and do not have a good qb, we need a good Ol to run the clock down when we get a lead. Or allow more 3rd and short, instead of watching Sanchez turn it over on 3rd and long.

NO WAY. The only catlike WR's like that are Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz etc. Sorry but exaggerating doesn't make it more convincing. Jordan, Ansah or Mingo...

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'd rather trade for KC's #1 next year...
    Can you share your reason, KC has the number 1 pick this year. they have a better coach, almost 40 mill of cap room, and a better qb coming in. And most likely will resign Bowe and Albert. I don't think that they will overtake Denver by any means but they have a great shot at going .500 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    After DL WR is our 2nd to last position we need to address. We got Holmes back, and hill back next year. Hill wasn't much of a factor when we wasn't hurt, but hopefully in yr 2 he leans how to use all that raw talent we traded up for. Kerley is solid #3, plug in whoever as #4. I still hope we take warmack, safest best pick by far. When he is opening big holes for our average rbs no one will complain. Since we live and die by our D and do not have a good qb, we need a good Ol to run the clock down when we get a lead. Or allow more 3rd and short, instead of watching Sanchez turn it over on 3rd and long.
    Holmes is a huge question mark if he will be back. At this time I would give it less than 50% to start the year. He still has not had the plate removed from his foot yet

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Holmes is a huge question mark if he will be back. At this time I would give it less than 50% to start the year. He still has not had the plate removed from his head yet
    IFYP

Hall Of Fame
    That is because he isnt 6-3. He measured under 6-2 at the combine. Thats why people need to cool on this kid as being some size/speed freak. Some people are acting like this kid is Calvin Johnson or something, he is a size/speed freak. A guy who is under 6-2 and ran a 4.45 40 is not a freak.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Walter Football's most recent mock....FWIW....has the Jets going Offense, Offense, Offense, Offense in the first four rounds:

1 Patterson
    2 Barkley
    3 Escobar
    4 Ball

Nothing like starting the 2013 season with rookies at all major play making positions.....

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Can you share your reason, KC has the number 1 pick this year. they have a better coach, almost 40 mill of cap room, and a better qb coming in. And most likely will resign Bowe and Albert. I don't think that they will overtake Denver by any means but they have a great shot at going .500 next year.
    No consensus #1 player in this draft. No elite skill players either.
    Next year you have some freaks in Clowney, Lee + potentially 1 or 2 franchise QBs should be available which is the Jets #1 need.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Walter Football's most recent mock....FWIW....has the Jets going Offense, Offense, Offense, Offense in the first four rounds:

1 Patterson
    2 Barkley
    3 Escobar
    4 Ball

Nothing like starting the 2013 season with rookies at all major play making positions.....
    Well if the draft goes that way, then we KNOW that Rex is no longer active in the personnel department.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That is because he isnt 6-3. He measured under 6-2 at the combine. Thats why people need to cool on this kid as being some size/speed freak. Some people are acting like this kid is Calvin Johnson or something, he is a size/speed freak. A guy who is under 6-2 and ran a 4.45 40 is not a freak.
    Agreed. I like Patterson but he is just not polished enough to take at 9. Top 10 Wrs should be ready to step in and produce from day 1 like Green/julio//Megatron/Fitz/Johnson. Sometimes they can still bomb (like Charles rogers) but more often they pan out. Patterson is just not in the same league (today) as those guys.

Reaching for a "project" in top ten like Heyward Bey is not a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed. I like Patterson but he is just not polished enough to take at 9. Top 10 Wrs should be ready to step in and produce from day 1 like Green/julio//Megatron/Fitz/Johnson. Sometimes they can still bomb (like Charles rogers) but more often they pan out. Patterson is just not in the same league (today) as those guys.

Reaching for a "project" in top ten like Heyward Bey is not a smart move.
    Actually, if you compare Andre Johnson's jr year to Patterson's Jr year there very similar. I'm not gonna go into specifics but they're a lot closer than you think.
    Last edited by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack; 02-27-2013 at 03:44 PM.