Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 127

Thread: Jets moving primarily to a 4-3 front?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ive read in this thread that wilkerson is a jag and how terrell suggs lines up and the ravens defensive scheme is similiar to ours.

    i disagree with all of the above and im the bad guy idiot moron and stupid.

    we dont have ngata,reed,lewis,suggs yet we compare to the super bow champion ravens?

    give coples,ellis and wilkerson time use them properly fill a few gaps and this defense will be good.

    the 3-4 failed here because we had old and slow lbs. the 4-3 may or may not benefit this team, im willing to try and find out. the 3-4 requires a big run stuffing nt who clogs the middle we dont have one we do have an edge rusher in coples.

    xs and os is the talk not personal attacks because i dont agree with the corwd. sorry
    the fact is, you're not talking x's and o's and you're drawing wildly inane and completely unsupported conclusions. Where are you talking football schemes? you throw around the terms "edge rusher" and "3-4" but I'm not entirely certain you know what you're talking about. The comparison drawn was to the defensive mindset of the Jets and the Ravens... their hybrid front 7. Not the caliber of play or coaching, yet you've completely set this thread askew by taking creative liberty and starting to discuss how bad the Jets are. If you want to bring up valid points, do so, if not, you suck, and be prepared to be called a moron.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ive read in this thread that wilkerson is a jag and how terrell suggs lines up and the ravens defensive scheme is similiar to ours.

    i disagree with all of the above and im the bad guy idiot moron and stupid.

    we dont have ngata,reed,lewis,suggs yet we compare to the super bow champion ravens?

    give coples,ellis and wilkerson time use them properly fill a few gaps and this defense will be good.

    the 3-4 failed here because we had old and slow lbs. the 4-3 may or may not benefit this team, im willing to try and find out. the 3-4 requires a big run stuffing nt who clogs the middle we dont have one we do have an edge rusher in coples.

    xs and os is the talk not personal attacks because i dont agree with the corwd. sorry
    Just to be clear

    "Big run stuffing NT" - Ellis weights 350, probably one of the best physical specimens to play NT in the league. Staying healthy and learning the position is his issue.

    "Edge rusher" - Coples is not an edge rusher, he is fast off the snap when shooting a gap, and using his strength, he isnt fast enough to run around OTs.

    Maybe there is a football clinic in your town you can sign up for

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    how can you compare the ravens defense to the jets because they play the same scheme? really?

    they have better skilled players and they are better coached.
    I think you need to look up the definition of "compare".

    "They have better skilled players" and "they are better coached" are comparisons - and you just made them yourself. No-one is saying the Jets D is as good as the Ravens D, only that they operate in a similar way.
    Last edited by JamesR; 02-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Just to be clear

    "Big run stuffing NT" - Ellis weights 350, probably one of the best physical specimens to play NT in the league. Staying healthy and learning the position is his issue.

    "Edge rusher" - Coples is not an edge rusher, he is fast off the snap when shooting a gap, and using his strength, he isnt fast enough to run around OTs.

    Maybe there is a football clinic in your town you can sign up for
    agree on all except the football clinic.

    you have your opinions and i have mine that doesnt make neither one of us a moron or wrong. i attacked no one or name called thats on you. im no football expert and i dont claim to be one theres way too many experts here. as a matter of fact im surprised many of you guys arent coaching in the nfl with all your vast knowledge of the game.

  5. #65
    I am a 4-3 guy but I wouldn't switch right now with this team. The best argument against this is. If it aint broke don't fix it. You can argue all the points but we currently have 3-4 personnel and it has worked for us. Replace the OLBs and this D is still top ten likely top 5. Why mess with it.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I am a 4-3 guy but I wouldn't switch right now with this team. The best argument against this is. If it aint broke don't fix it. You can argue all the points but we currently have 3-4 personnel and it has worked for us. Replace the OLBs and this D is still top ten likely top 5. Why mess with it.
    agree but you forgot about the safety position key in any defense.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    agree on all except the football clinic.

    you have your opinions and i have mine that doesnt make neither one of us a moron or wrong. i attacked no one or name called thats on you. im no football expert and i dont claim to be one theres way too many experts here. as a matter of fact im surprised many of you guys arent coaching in the nfl with all your vast knowledge of the game.
    hahaha bro, seriously lemme break it down again:

    Oranges, pineapples, and lemons are citrus fruits

    blueberries, black berries, and baneberries are berries.

    Now...they're all fruits, just like all the nfl teams have a defense.

    Some of the fruits are citrus fruits, some of them are berries, so they're different kinds of fruits!

    Within each group, I can say that oranges and lemons are citrus fruits, because they've got similar characteristics like acidity....HOWEVER Oranges are better because they taste sweet!

    In the other group, blueberries are better than baneberries because baneberries are poisonous, but they're both berries. Now I hope you can see why you can compare the Jets and the Ravens schematically...because I'm gonna blow your mind here....Substitute the word fruit for defense. Think of the Berries as the 4-3 defense, and the citrus fruits as the hybrid front just to be fair. The ravens are oranges, they're better, they taste better...the jets ar elike limes? I duno, do you follow my analogy? We're not comparing the taste, just the group....

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    hahaha bro, seriously lemme break it down again:

    Oranges, pineapples, and lemons are citrus fruits

    blueberries, black berries, and baneberries are berries.

    Now...they're all fruits, just like all the nfl teams have a defense.

    Some of the fruits are citrus fruits, some of them are berries, so they're different kinds of fruits!

    Within each group, I can say that oranges and lemons are citrus fruits, because they've got similar characteristics like acidity....HOWEVER Oranges are better because they taste sweet!

    In the other group, blueberries are better than baneberries because baneberries are poisonous, but they're both berries. Now I hope you can see why you can compare the Jets and the Ravens schematically...because I'm gonna blow your mind here....Substitute the word fruit for defense. Think of the Berries as the 4-3 defense, and the citrus fruits as the hybrid front just to be fair. The ravens are oranges, they're better, they taste better...the jets ar elike limes? I duno, do you follow my analogy? We're not comparing the taste, just the group....
    the ravens have fresher and riper fruit compared to our fruit. i would shop for fruit at the ravens market vs the jets market.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the ravens have fresher and riper fruit compared to our fruit. i would shop for fruit at the ravens market vs the jets market.
    I was thinking the other way around. We are like grapes and the Ravens are like Raisins. But maybe the is a Manti way of looking at it.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the ravens have fresher and riper fruit compared to our fruit. i would shop for fruit at the ravens market vs the jets market.
    Oh I agree, the Ravens are much fruitier...I'm just saying, you've gotta see where that poster was coming from comparing the two styles of defense.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,504
    Wow, did this thread get surreal or what?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the ravens have terrell suggs we dont.

    should we compare sanchez to brady because they both throw the football and play qb.

    you bring nothing to the table expect what ifs and if we only hads. stop thanks
    OMFG how dense are you?? That isn't the point he is making! All he is saying is that Suggs plays OLB for a system that is similar to ours. Suggs often plays with his hand in the ground. Thus one can conclude logically that the SAME position in our system would involve the DE/OLB putting his hand in the ground plenty, so the whole idea of 4-3, 3-4 is blown out of proportion to some degree.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    OMFG how dense are you?? That isn't the point he is making! All he is saying is that Suggs plays OLB for a system that is similar to ours. Suggs often plays with his hand in the ground. Thus one can conclude logically that the SAME position in our system would involve the DE/OLB putting his hand in the ground plenty, so the whole idea of 4-3, 3-4 is blown out of proportion to some degree.
    who is the jets terrell suggs?

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    hahaha bro, seriously lemme break it down again:

    Oranges, pineapples, and lemons are citrus fruits

    blueberries, black berries, and baneberries are berries.

    Now...they're all fruits, just like all the nfl teams have a defense.

    Some of the fruits are citrus fruits, some of them are berries, so they're different kinds of fruits!

    Within each group, I can say that oranges and lemons are citrus fruits, because they've got similar characteristics like acidity....HOWEVER Oranges are better because they taste sweet!

    In the other group, blueberries are better than baneberries because baneberries are poisonous, but they're both berries. Now I hope you can see why you can compare the Jets and the Ravens schematically...because I'm gonna blow your mind here....Substitute the word fruit for defense. Think of the Berries as the 4-3 defense, and the citrus fruits as the hybrid front just to be fair. The ravens are oranges, they're better, they taste better...the jets ar elike limes? I duno, do you follow my analogy? We're not comparing the taste, just the group....
    GM er Nike is way to dumb to even understand a little bit of this.

    Nice try though.

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the ravens have fresher and riper fruit compared to our fruit. i would shop for fruit at the ravens market vs the jets market.
    Are you comparing the Jets and the Ravens? That's absolutely ridiculous.

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Wilkerson is not quick enough to be an elite pass rusher and Coples is not good enough period. Stay 3-4 go get OLBs.
    Coples will be good, IMO.

  17. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    OMFG how dense are you?? That isn't the point he is making! All he is saying is that Suggs plays OLB for a system that is similar to ours. Suggs often plays with his hand in the ground. Thus one can conclude logically that the SAME position in our system would involve the DE/OLB putting his hand in the ground plenty, so the whole idea of 4-3, 3-4 is blown out of proportion to some degree.
    Wow, in the last 2 days JDub has locked the "Alex Smith" thread and the "New Jets GM" thread because Jets fans are blasting each other.

    Pssssssst, it's only a friggn' game.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wow, in the last 2 days JDub has locked the "Alex Smith" thread and the "New Jets GM" thread because Jets fans are blasting each other.

    Pssssssst, it's only a friggn' game.
    Are you trying to compare the Alex Smith thread with the New Jets GM thread? Do you realize how dumb that makes you sound?

  19. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Are you trying to compare the Alex Smith thread with the New Jets GM thread? Do you realize how dumb that makes you sound?
    Gotta love quality posters such as yourself.

  20. #80
    Is this guy delusional? Mo a Jag! Coples sux??? What?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us