Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Jets moving primarily to a 4-3 front?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wilk would have to be a DT and Coples would be a "tweener" in the 4-3. Not big enough for DT and not quick enough to be a legit pass rushing threat from DE.

But this is all moot b.c we run multiple fronts and move everyone around. It is about matchups. We need to find a pass rusher, period. Whether he has his hand in the ground or not is irrelevant.

And we only have one LB who could play in the 4-3.
    Uh, no.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Is this guy delusional? Mo a Jag! Coples sux??? What?
    Put it in perspective, did Mo make the Pro Bowl this year?

Did Couples win DROY?

That is one guy's opinion.

I'd gladly take both of those players in a heartbeat to play for the Pats.

Best two players the Jets have on the 53-man roster.

Doubt it. Not while Rex is here. Truth is they would have only one more hole in the 43 as opposed to the 34.

In the 34 we're missing (until proven otherwise by Bush and Allen): FS, SS, and OLBx2 .. and perhaps NT depending on the unknown status of Pouha and Ellis' erratic play.

In the 43 we're missing FS, SS, DEx2 and an OLB, figuring Demario Davis is athletic enough to move to the outside in a 43 alignment. Heck, you could even say Coples could play DE in a 43, although he like Wilkerson would be better suited as 43 DT's.

So I mean, they can run any front they want - last year it was a lot of 3-3-5 - but until Rex is gone we're going to see primarily a 34 or 33 alignment. He's thick headed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Doubt it. Not while Rex is here. Truth is they would have only one more hole in the 43 as opposed to the 34.

In the 34 we're missing (until proven otherwise by Bush and Allen): FS, SS, and OLBx2 .. and perhaps NT depending on the unknown status of Pouha and Ellis' erratic play.

In the 43 we're missing FS, SS, DEx2 and an OLB, figuring Demario Davis is athletic enough to move to the outside in a 43 alignment. Heck, you could even say Coples could play DE in a 43, although he like Wilkerson would be better suited as 43 DT's.

So I mean, they can run any front they want - last year it was a lot of 3-3-5 - but until Rex is gone we're going to see primarily a 34 or 33 alignment. He's thick headed.
    Excellent post 124, and that's the problem with Rex.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    you just cant compare our defense to the super bowl champion ravens. for arguments sake discussion sake or any sake.

what dont you understand?
    I keep saying you must be joking with people because you can't be this dense. Please tell me you're joking.

Yes, you can compare the two. Quite easily as a matter of fact, as the other poster already explained for you. If you read any post in the thread or even the thread title, what is being discussed/compared is a TYPE of defense and the TRAITS and characteristics of the players needed to run said defense. Still with me so far?

What is NOT at all being compared is the rankings of these defenses, stats of the players, number of probowlers, games won, etc. NOTHING at all regarding how effective one defense as compared to the other.

So, the Ravens and Jets is actually an excellent comparison in context of this thread because there is no other defense with the scheme and traits that more closely resembles the Rex Ryan Jets defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Coples stats stink. I do not not care about last years draft. He compares how to every other player in the league? That's what counts.
    Wilkerson is a jag.
    Will people here please stop being homers and be objective.
    Why, "The Sanchize will be supurb. It unfair to compare him to more experienced players". Right.
    And Keller is an all pro. And Harris is a star. And the 'War Wagon" is going to terrorize.
    There are two really good players on the Jets. Mangold and Revis. Cromartie is close. And who knows if Revis is the same. And no silly discusions about Adrian Peterson's injury. Different people. Peterson is the NFL MVP. Revis has yet to be a DPOY.
    I stopped reading after the first sentence. Copples had 6 sacks his rookie year. And Wilkerson a JAG? HAHAHA. He should have made the probowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Harris may not be ideal for the 4-3. But this is a transition. You can fill a better guy there later on.

All League
    If Werner or Moore is the pick at 9, we should have our answer, at least to expect more diverse looks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    If Werner or Moore is the pick at 9, we should have our answer, at least to expect more diverse looks.
    Moore has bust written all over him. LAck of size and strength and speed is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Put it in perspective, did Mo make the Pro Bowl this year?

Did Couples win DROY?

That is one guy's opinion.

I'd gladly take both of those players in a heartbeat to play for the Pats.

Best two players the Jets have on the 53-man roster.
    Put Wilfork in the middle of Coples & MO and u could bring back those Golden Dayz of Seymour/Wilfork/Warren ugh????

All League
    Draft the best player, with the highest ceiling and figure out what defense you want to call yourself later...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Draft the best player, with the highest ceiling and figure out what defense you want to call yourself later...
    There are no best players in this draft... They all have question marks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    There are no best players in this draft... They all have question marks.
    Almost every year almost all the prospects have question marks. That is a weak excuse.

We already have a 4-3 base alignment package called the "Taco" call; look it up. Rex installed it last training camp specifically to take advantage of the fact that our 2 best pass rushers was our 2 young d-linemen, Coples and Mo. It's not out of the question that because of the LB attrition this off-season that we see a lot more of this look. Since both Coples and Mo can move inside, we would still retain our flexibility if we drafted a guy like Jones, Jordan, Mingo...etc.

As long as Rex is here, it'll be more 3-4 than 4-3.
    The tricky part is getting Coples and Wilkerson on the field at the same time. If Devito really is a goner hopefully Coples can step in on 1st/2nd down and defend the run as well as Devito.

Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ive read in this thread that wilkerson is a jag and how terrell suggs lines up and the ravens defensive scheme is similiar to ours.

i disagree with all of the above and im the bad guy idiot moron and stupid.

we dont have ngata,reed,lewis,suggs yet we compare to the super bow champion ravens?

give coples,ellis and wilkerson time use them properly fill a few gaps and this defense will be good.

the 3-4 failed here because we had old and slow lbs. the 4-3 may or may not benefit this team, im willing to try and find out. the 3-4 requires a big run stuffing nt who clogs the middle we dont have one we do have an edge rusher in coples.

xs and os is the talk not personal attacks because i dont agree with the corwd. sorry
    No, if you are the "bad guy idiot moron and stupid" of this thread its because you insist on repeatedly distracting and derailing a very interesting and informative conversation. It could also have to do with your allergy to capitalization and grammar that makes it a pain in the ass to read what the hell you're saying... But I think it's mostly the former.

The other poster said it perfectly, this was a really good X's and O's thread that you keep hijacking by bickering with another poster. All the while your continual remarks make it crystal clear you don't have the slightest understanding what is actually being discussed in the thread. You took an excellent post with a lot of good information and your terrific input was to repeatedly insist that the Jets did not sign Suggs. Seriously WTF? Misunderstanding doesn't make someone is an idiot but insisting on arguing for the sake of arguing when you obviously just don't get it is pretty stupid.

When everyone is trying to explain to you that you're missing the point, consider that maybe they aren't wrong. I don't think anyone attacked you for not agreeing with someone, they got on you for not having a clue what you weren't agreeing to! And it tends to get kind of frustrating when this is something that happens over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    No, if you are the "bad guy idiot moron and stupid" of this thread its because you insist on repeatedly distracting and derailing a very interesting and informative conversation. It could also have to do with your allergy to capitalization and grammar that makes it a pain in the ass to read what the hell you're saying... But I think it's mostly the former.

The other poster said it perfectly, this was a really good X's and O's thread that you keep hijacking by bickering with another poster. All the while your continual remarks make it crystal clear you don't have the slightest understanding what is actually being discussed in the thread. You took an excellent post with a lot of good information and your terrific input was to repeatedly insist that the Jets did not sign Suggs. Seriously WTF? Misunderstanding doesn't make someone is an idiot but insisting on arguing for the sake of arguing when you obviously just don't get it is pretty stupid.

When everyone is trying to explain to you that you're missing the point, consider that maybe they aren't wrong. I don't think anyone attacked you for not agreeing with someone, they got on you for not having a clue what you weren't agreeing to! And it tends to get kind of frustrating when this is something that happens over and over again.

Life will be a lot easier for you (and the rest of the board) if you add him to your ignore list and never quote his posts. Pretend he doesn't exist.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    the fact is, you're not talking x's and o's and you're drawing wildly inane and completely unsupported conclusions. Where are you talking football schemes? you throw around the terms "edge rusher" and "3-4" but I'm not entirely certain you know what you're talking about. The comparison drawn was to the defensive mindset of the Jets and the Ravens... their hybrid front 7. Not the caliber of play or coaching, yet you've completely set this thread askew by taking creative liberty and starting to discuss how bad the Jets are. If you want to bring up valid points, do so, if not, you suck, and be prepared to be called a moron.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Coples stats stink. I do not not care about last years draft. He compares how to every other player in the league? That's what counts.
    Wilkerson is a jag.
    Will people here please stop being homers and be objective.
    Why, "The Sanchize will be supurb. It unfair to compare him to more experienced players". Right.
    And Keller is an all pro. And Harris is a star. And the 'War Wagon" is going to terrorize.
    There are two really good players on the Jets. Mangold and Revis. Cromartie is close. And who knows if Revis is the same. And no silly discusions about Adrian Peterson's injury. Different people. Peterson is the NFL MVP. Revis has yet to be a DPOY.
    Please just stop

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Too many moving pieces with the personnel right now. Wilk is a better DE for 3-4 (although he could be okay in a 4-3). Coples I think could benefit more in a 4-3 at DE or DT. As mentioned, Harris is too slow for either. In a 4-3 I think DeMario would fit more as a MLB than OLB, but obviously he'd be a OLB and Harris at MLB. In a 4-3, no way you re-sign DeVito and Ellis becomes useless.
    Disagree big time on DeVito, his skill set very well suited to 4-3 DT. Pouha becomes cuttable, and you use the cap savings to resign DeVito. Then your best bet is a base with DeVito and Wilkerson on the inside, Coples at strong-side DE, and draft pick or FA at weak/rush-end.