Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jets moving primarily to a 4-3 front?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    No, it's actually hard to put together a good team. The Jets have not done so. They are consistently one of the poorer teams in the AFC. An above average year or two doesn't cut it. 44 years between appearances is poor - let's be objective.
    How many teams are worse?
    I am so 10000% with you, these guys here not only accept mediocrity and losing, but they seem to relish it. They need something to tell themselves to feel good about their 6-10 P O S football team that was an absolute embarrassment last season.

They keep forgetting the Peyton game in 2009 whereby this team got slaughtered in the first half, and misses the playoffs altogether if Polian does not order Manning pulled out of that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    No, it's actually hard to put together a good team. The Jets have not done so. They are consistently one of the poorer teams in the AFC. An above average year or two doesn't cut it. 44 years between appearances is poor - let's be objective.
    How many teams are worse?
    I thought I'd take a look at how many teams are worse in terms of Superbowls.

If you go by wins - since the Jets won the Superbowl there have been 17 different teams that have won it all. That means that currently there are 14 teams who have a longer Superbowl winning drought than the Jets.

If you go by appearances, 10 of those 14 have made at least one (losing) appearance. That means that currently there are 4 teams who have a longer Superbowl appearance drought than the Jets.

(Obviously not all teams have been in existence for all this time, but you get the picture).

Personally, I'd go by wins rather than appearances - so there are 14 teams that are worse than the Jets in that respect. Not great, but not as bad as it could be.

As an aside - Detroit is the only team that has existed in all Superbowl years that has yet to even make an appearance. Poor Lions fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Harris cannot play MLB in a 4-3. He was toast in coverage out of the 3-4, you're gonna give him the whole middle of the field to patrol?

If McIntyre is the answer, then the question is, "who can the Jets put in a starting role to make the team suck even more than it did in 2012?"

Davis is the guy that would work in a 4-3, but he's the only one.
    MLB's aren't hard to find. Nevertheless I think Harris can still handle it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I am so 10000% with you, these guys here not only accept mediocrity and losing, but they seem to relish it. They need something to tell themselves to feel good about their 6-10 P O S football team that was an absolute embarrassment last season.

They keep forgetting the Peyton game in 2009 whereby this team got slaughtered in the first half, and misses the playoffs altogether if Polian does not order Manning pulled out of that game.
    What in the world does that have to do with the fact that our lineman are very good, but none of them are edge rushers, and that we do not have the personnel to run a true 4-3? You guys are ridiculous. If every post isn't about how bad the team is, and how much you just want to be held then you guys hijack the thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    MLB's aren't hard to find. Nevertheless I think Harris can still handle it.
    Ofcourse he can. 4-3 MLB is one of the easiest positions in the NFL. 4-3 weakside and strongside need more speed but the interrior not as much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Odds of Coples becoming a double-digit sack demon as a 4-3 DE are way better than him doing that as 3-4 DE. Outside of Watt and Haynesworth a few yrs back there have not been any in the NFL. The Center helps out the Guard and RB usually chips the B gap.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we do go this route I want K. Greene and S.Floyd top two picks