Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Williamson suggest the Chiefs trade #1 pick for Revis

All League

Bill Williamson suggest the Chiefs trade #1 pick for Revis

I don't agree with his hypothesis because from a value perspective no player is there that warrants the #1 pick, especially from a need perspective. Needs dictate trades and while the Chiefs need another CB, the Jets have a great pick at #9 and don't need the #1 overall pick to get someone they covet. No matter what direction they go with based on position needs the Jets will have options at the #9 overall pick. RT, OLB, OG, WR, S, shoot even the TE group is pretty deep this year. In addition the Jets would have to get at the very least a 2nd and maybe a 4th or 5th for swapping Revis AND their #9 overall pick for their #1, so for me this just doesn't make sense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ilemma#comment

Oh and I'm sure someone is going to point out that the Jets could get nothing in return IF Revis walks away next year. We may get a comp pick down the road but that isn't guaranteed based on who we pick up. This is a valid point that the Chiefs or any other potential trading team would say to us, which sort of levels the trading value perspective.

There's nobody in this draft class that worth trading up for at our spot.

who would the jets pick with the #1 pick?

All League
    Normally that would be a good deal but there is no clear cut 1st guy. Just no value there this year

All Pro
    I'll take the Chiefs #2 pick this year and next year's #1.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Nice. This would work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    That's a pretty solid option.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I dont get the whole 'trade Revis to move up 8 spots' thing.. even if a 3rd or 4th was thrown in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I dont get the whole 'trade Revis to move up 8 spots' thing.. even if a 3rd or 4th was thrown in.
    What player out there would be worth the Jets moving up 8 spots?

There ain't none.

Think about the leverage the Jets would have with JamesR scenario:

Jets would have the 33rd overall pick this year and KC's #1 pick next year, along with their own #1.

That's a ton of options holding those 3 picks.

All Pro
    Who would even take at 1? If this was last or next year then it'd be a no brainer

Is he saying swap picks? Or simply the #1 pick in the draft for Revis and we keep #9.

Because I would do that ...

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Is he saying swap picks? Or simply the #1 pick in the draft for Revis and we keep #9.

Yea, he isnt saying swap and revis, he is saying just get 1 straight up for revis.

While i would rather have their second round pick this year and first next, this deal would be interesting. Probably would have to still trade out of the pick with a team that needs a LT and take "less" then what the value chart says as the top pick this year isnt worth what it usually is.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

We'd have 1 and 9

At least with next years one you have an extra chance to get Clowney, Watkins, Bridgewater or....JOHNNY FOOTBALL *dodges tomatoes*

Jets Insider VIP
    Why would KC do this.

No corner has gone #1 in what over 20 years, now there going to essential do that for someone who will command 16 million per year.

They just freaking let Brandon Carr walk last year.

This report is ridiculous and lazy. These "analysts" are beyond dumb, it is going to be a long two months to the draft with this silliness.

trading revis makes no damn sense at all. the haters hate revis,edwards,tebow yada yada yada guys that come to play and dont cause any trouble on or off the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    trading revis makes no damn sense at all. the haters hate revis,edwards,tebow yada yada yada guys that come to play and dont cause any trouble on or off the field.
    Yeah not like Revis holding out twice caused any sort of distraction or anything...

How are we paying him dude?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Yea, he isnt saying swap and revis, he is saying just get 1 straight up for revis.

While i would rather have their second round pick this year and first next, this deal would be interesting. Probably would have to still trade out of the pick with a team that needs a LT and take "less" then what the value chart says as the top pick this year isnt worth what it usually is.
    Actually he IS talking about a 1 and 9 swap.

Which would be stupid for the Jets in this draft. Guy has no idea what he's talking about but "hey it's da jets they stupid they'd make that deal". Article reads like a kid playing madden.

If the deal were straight for the 1 and we keep our 9, and maybe we throw in a mid rounder, id do that instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What player out there would be worth the Jets moving up 8 spots?

There ain't none.

Think about the leverage the Jets would have with JamesR scenario:

Jets would have the 33rd overall pick this year and KC's #1 pick next year, along with their own #1.

That's a ton of options holding those 3 picks.
    Absolutely. Then the Jets would own 3 #1 picks in 2 years, plus the 33rd pick, which is almost in the 1st round + their 2nd next year.

6 picks in the top 2 rounds in 2 years? Why wouldn't you want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Yeah not like Revis holding out twice caused any sort of distraction or anything...

How are we paying him dude?
    so what he held out. hes the best cb in the nfl he deserves a pass. players of his calibre dont come around too often and the jets have him and many want him gone.

you pay him with a sensible thought out contract not a shoot from the hip tannenbaum special thats how. how do other teams pay there superstars?

This report is dull from KCs side, but if for some godforsaken reason, the chiefs want to give us the first overall for Revis straight up, it's something to consider.

If that offer is ever on the table, Idzik better be on the phone shopping that first overall pick around for a slew of draft picks this year and/or next year. If he can get a good return on that firat overall, youd have to seriously consider it.

That's what is do if I had the offer. But it's a good thing I'm not Idzik cuz I'm still not completely swayed either way on trading Revis.