Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Demps returning to track - Brandon Lloyd on way out too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Demps returning to track - Brandon Lloyd on way out too

Per PFT-
    Jeff Demps, the former Florida running back who left football to focus on track and field, then signed with the Patriots after last year’s Olympics, is returning to track.

Brandon Lloyd may be one-and-done in New England, and if he does leave the Patriots after just one year, it will be as much a result of off-field issues as his on-field production. Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots will probably not pick up Lloyd’s $3 million option bonus, and that the Patriots got tired of Lloyd’s behavior in the locker room and on the practice
    Last edited by bcess; 02-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But Lloyd is SOO good.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No loss on either. Lloyd had decent numbers, but should be easily replaceable. He and Brady were often on different pages. Cya.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    He and Brady were often on different pages. Cya.
    Was it that bad, really?? What part of the NE system did Lloyd not see himself fitting into?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant believe the Jeff Demps Era is over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I cant believe the Jeff Demps Era is over.
    Or maybe it's just starting

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malcontents at WR? Players choosing to leave the NFL rather than play with their team? The Pats are a circus!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Was it that bad, really?? What part of the NE system did Lloyd not see himself fitting into?
    It wasn't really that bad, but there was always a play or two per game where Lloyd would break his route short, or right, and Brady was throwing long, or left. And that chemistry never seemed to develop as the season wore on.

As to his issues in the locker room, I have no idea as now is the first time we're hearing about it. BTW, it was the team who passed on picking up his option, not vice-versa, so I don't know if Lloyd didn't think he fit in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This bothers me more than most patriot fans, I like Lloyd a lot. He was not the downfield threat I hoped he would be but he was much better in that 10-15 yard curl than Branch was. I hope he stays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Per PFT-
    Jeff Demps, the former Florida running back who left football to focus on track and field, then signed with the Patriots after last year’s Olympics, is returning to track.

Brandon Lloyd may be one-and-done in New England, and if he does leave the Patriots after just one year, it will be as much a result of off-field issues as his on-field production. Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots will probably not pick up Lloyd’s $3 million option bonus, and that the Patriots got tired of Lloyd’s behavior in the locker room and on the practice
    Everybody loves playing for Belichick!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No loss on either. Lloyd had decent numbers, but should be easily replaceable. He and Brady were often on different pages. Cya.
    LOL

I love Pat homers

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This bothers me more than most patriot fans, I like Lloyd a lot. He was not the downfield threat I hoped he would be but he was much better in that 10-15 yard curl than Branch was. I hope he stays.
    They'll go after Bowe or Wallace?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Everybody loves playing for Belichick!
    Ray, they both want to play for the pats, Demps has it in his mind that he wants to do both. It is not like Lloyd is asking for his release according to the article. Cmon you can do better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, they both want to play for the pats, Demps has it in his mind that he wants to do both. It is not like Lloyd is asking for his release according to the article. Cmon you can do better.

Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon patman, you need to change your radar filters...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They'll go after Bowe or Wallace?
    I don't see it- both are going to be 10mill plus guys, Wallace does not seem like a guy that BB covets, Bowe, yes but that is still a lot of money.

I don't think Lloyd goes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gap is ripe for the slaughter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lloyd will be there next year... McDaniel's will see to that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    These signings were supposed to "brilliant", just like Ocho Stinko and Fat Albert Haynesworth

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    These signings were supposed to "brilliant", just like Ocho Stinko and Fat Albert Haynesworth

When the Pats make a move, it's "brilliant"... when the Jets make a move, it's "part of the circus"... neither is true. All of those moves can be evaluated objectively as good or bad for the organization. Posts that whine about media interpretations of those moves just leads to nowhere constructive.