Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Jets Targets, performance.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Potential Jets Targets, performance.

Jets combine rundown: A look at how some possible targets performed

Updated at 3:35 with more complete numbers from Tuesday

As the combine nears a close, now seems like a good time to take a look at some possible targets for the Jets and how they performed in Indianapolis. A lot of this is still, obviously, guesswork based on positions of need and where some good value can be found. Some is based on who the Jets have brought in for combine interviews. Some is based on some guys who have had interesting workouts or are interesting size-wise.

If there's anyone else you'd like to see up here, or just someone you're interested in tracking, we can start a discussion in the comments section below.

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas We mentioned him a few times before. Possibly the first safety off the board, Vaccaro has everything you like in the position and played in a tough conference.

40: 4.63
    Vert: 38"
    Broad: 121"
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 214
    Reps: 15

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, DB, UConn If he improves his tackling, analysts say, Wreh-Wilson could shoot up on a couple of boards based on his size, speed and coverage ability. Coming from the Big East will hurt a little, but his coaches from UConn will testify to his character and leadership ability.

40: 4.53
    Vert: 36"
    Broad: 128"
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 195
    Reps: 14

Xavier Rhodes, DB, Florida State Analysts say he excels as a press corner which would make him a great fit in the Jets defense. A knee injury suffered in 2011 is a bit of a question mark but a strong 40 put him right back atop the rankings for corners.

40: 4.43
    Vert: 40.5"
    Broad: 132"
    Weight: 210

Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington Another player with a fantastic bloodline (Marcus, Isaiah) that wowed at the combine with big numbers in the 40-yard dash. Depending on what the Jets do with Revis, any of these corners could be a good understudy.

40: 4.38"
    Vert: 37.5"
    Broad: 125"
    Weight: 190
    Reps: 16

Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse Another combine darling from the week that will shoot up the boards. Thomas was a big get for the Orange program out of high school in Virginia Beach and continued to grow. The Jets, obviously, could use a safety. He also played corner and linebacker.

40: 4.42
    Broad: 133"
    Height: 5-9
    Weight: 213
    Reps: 28

Matt Elam, S, Florida: He's got a very loud highlight tape which will undoubtedly entice Rex Ryan who had a pretty good secondary with two booming safeties last year (Bell and Landry).

40: 4.54
    Vert: 35.5"
    Broad: 118"
    Height: 5-10
    Weight: 208
    Reps: 19

T.J. McDonald, S, USC: Does it help that his dad is the Jets new defensive backs coach? Possibly. Could hurt, too. But McDonald and his father both have very close relationships with defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, too. On the field, McDonald can hit hard, play the run and surprise a few people in coverage.

40: 4.59
    Vert: 40"
    Broad: 131"
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 219

Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU: He's drawing comparisons to DeMarcus Ware already and stood out during a lot of his workouts Monday morning.

40: 4.58
    Vert: 37"
    Height: 6-4
    Weight: 241
    Reps: N/A

Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon: Did a lot to improve his stock on Monday, at least according to the analysts. Like Mingo, people are interested in how much weight he can put on. He's also getting shoulder surgery immediately after the combine.

40: 4.6
    Vert: 32.5"
    Broad: 122"
    Height: 6-6
    Weight: 248

Ziggy Ansah, OLB/DE, BYU: A scout in Bob McGinn's prospect Bible put it well. Ansah is going to wow everyone at the combine and probably get a little over-drafted. The main issue: He's had nine starts. The former track athlete has been likened to Jason Pierre Paul but could be a bit of a reach. The upside, however, is endless.

Vert: 34.5"
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 271
    Reps: 21

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: He was the darling of the Monday morning session and for good reason. Athletically, he looked head and shoulders above the other televised linemen. He's drawn comparisons to Muhammad Wilkerson and, although he may not fit exactly what the Jets need on the defensive line, he's certainly enticing.

40: 4.92
    Vert: 30"
    Broad: 106"
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 297

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah Projected as a top-five pick, he's been sidelined from workouts Monday with a heart condition after being checked by an endocrinologist. That doesn't change the fact that, in a 3-4 defense he can have a huge impact. Utah has played him at the nose and at DE.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 311
    Reps:

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia He's projected by analysts, at least now, as more of a weak-side backer in a 4-3 defense, but I think there's a ton of value in former safeties (like Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene) who made the transition and can make a splash in pass defense.

40: 4.62
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 242
    Reps: 20

Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: Led the country in sacks, TFL's and forced fumbles. He did not work out at the combine because of lingering neck issues, though.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 245
    Reps:

Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M: Being nicknamed “DaMonster," getting compared to Aldon Smith and backing up Von Miller will get you a lot of attention. With some strong numbers at the combine, his stock will continue to rise.

40: 4.95
    Weight: 250
    Reps: 12

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama He's been labeled the closest thing to a sure thing as far as offensive linemen go. With the Jets uncertainty at guard, he could be an interesting option.

40: 5.49
    Vert:
    Broad: 110"
    Weight: 317
    Reps:

Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama: Although he might not be big enough to play tackle, the fact that he's played every position on a great offensive line in college earns him a spot here. Having a player that can occupy three positions as a backup and compete for one, guard, is huge. He is recovering from a Lisfranc injury now, though, which could force him to drop.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 306
    Reps:

Matt Barkley, QB, USC Per Peter King of Sports Illustrated, the Jets were one of nine teams who had a formal interview with the former consensus Top 5 pick. He's rehabbing his shoulder currently and won't throw at the combine. He didn't need surgery. Offensively, he can fit well into a West Coast system.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 227
    Reps:

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State His measurables are crazy and he'll likely stand out because of some of his times at the combine (7.08 3-cone, 4.21 20-yard shuttle). Sounds like he could be attractive if he's able to sit for a year and grow.

40: 4.65
    Vert: 34"
    Weight: 237
    Reps:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia The Jets were one of many teams who visited Morgantown this year to at least take a look. Thought of right now as the top QB available in the draft, however, some analysts have said it's a draft without a single first round-worthy passer.

Vert: 33.5"
    Broad:124"
    Weight: 218
    Reps:

Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse: The former Syracuse QB played in a West Coast system under Bills head coach Doug Marrone in college and had a formal sit down with Jets QB coach David Lee.

40: 5.06
    Vert: 28.5"
    Broad: 105"
    Reps:

Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: Glennon also had a formal sit down with the Jets at the combine and drew some interest from them at the Senior Bowl. He's drawn some comparisons to Joe Flacco because of his size, although his speed and accuracy have created questions.

40: 4.94
    Vert: 26.5"
    Broad: 102"
    Height: 6-7
    Weight: 225
    Reps:

Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina, G: There's going to be a lot of guards here, if only because the Jets currently don't have a starter under contract. He also fits in well with Rex Ryan for a few reasons: He's very strong, and he wrestled in high school. Ryan loves former high school wrestlers as O-lineman.

40: 5.07
    Vert: 27"
    Broad: 108"
    Reps: 35

Larry Warford, G, Kentucky: If the Jets want to wait a little, he could be a nice pickup a little later on in the draft.

40: 5.58
    Vert: 22.5"
    Broad: 96"
    Weight: 332

Kyle Long, T/G, Oregon:: Ryan also loves lineage, and coming from the same family that produced Howie and Chris may carry some clout. Plus, he played both tackle and guard in college and could possess the size to do both in the NFL. The rub is his past, which includes a battle with addiction that forced him out of Florida State, where he was a baseball player with a mid-90s fastball.

Vert: 28"
    Broad: 107"
    Weight: 313
    Reps:

Dallas Thomas, G/T, Tennessee: With guard uncertain as well as right tackle -- the Jets will more than likely bring Austin Howard, a restricted free agent, back -- guys like Dallas Thomas look pretty good. Analysts say he's a swing guard/tackle that had plenty of playing time in the SEC. He does have an injury issue, though.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Reps:

Earl Watford, G, James Madison: A small-school player that came from Philadelphia, Watford could be intriguing toward the end of the draft. The Jets previous struggles with small school interior linemen (Vlad Ducasse) could raise some red flags, however, Ducasse has yet to spend an entire season at one position.

Weight: 300
    Reps: 24

Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA: The Jets could very well solve a possible running back vacancy -- Shonn Greene is a free agent -- in the open market. But in their search for an explosive running back to pair with Bilal Powell, Franklin could be a nice option a little later in the draft. Plus, he turned some heads with the 40 time.

40: 4.49
    Vert: 31.5"
    Broad: 115"
    Weight: 205
    Reps: 18

Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina: Analysts talk up his pass blocking and receiving skills which could be important in the West Coast system. Bernard has a good deal of experience as the bell cow, but does have some knee issues.

Height: 5-8
    Weight: 202

Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers Strong for his size, Jamison could have used a little better showing as far as his 40 time in Indianapolis. There has been some comparisons to Ray Rice (size-wise, they're very close entering the NFL) although Rice ran a 4.42.

40: 4.68
    Vert: 29"
    Height: 5-7
    Weight: 203

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State If anything, the size and shiftiness stands out even if he doesn't have a stellar run numbers-wise. Watching this cut-up of him against Wisconsin is interesting, and it includes a lot of Gus Johnson yelling. Also, he stuck out in the 3-cone drill with a time of 6.75 seconds.

Weight: 230

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee The Jets fell in love with a receiver a lot like Justin Hunter last year, although Hunter's route tree was much more sophisticated than that of Stephen Hill's (and, the jury isn't close to being out on Hill).

40: 4.44
    Vert: 39.5
    Broad: 136"
    Weight: 196
    Reps:

Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan: There's enough intrigue there and we know Robinson has had discussions with the Jets this offseason. QB coach David Lee is a pioneer in the Wildcat and could possibly drool over a run/pass threat like Robinson (I know, I know, there's already someone like him on the roster. Again, just an idea).

Vert: 36.5"
    Broad: 123"
    Weight: 199
    Reps:

Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington: Injuries have dogged him (knee, metacarpal) but Kaufman does have some good hands and, analysts say, he's dangerous in the red zone. If his blocking is on point, he could make for a nice fill-in for Chaz Schilens, a free agent.

40: 4.67
    Weight: 216
    Reps: 9

Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss: This guy had himself a day at the combine Monday. For those watching the live coverage on NFL Network, he started earning camera time after a 4.64 40. That followed with a 41 1/2-inch vertical leap and an 11'7" in the broad jump. Those times and distances are all unofficial for the moment, though, so we'll keep you posted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Please no DB's or defensive linemen with our 1st round pick, we have needs at every other position. The team should send Rex on a vacation the week of the draft and don't answer any of his calls

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, as I don't really follow college football a ton, but how does Vacarro compare to past top safeties such as Earl Thomas, Berry, Barron, etc??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan, Mingo, Ansah or Moore in the first

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Desmond Trufant is one of my favorite players in the draft. He is at a position the Jets don't need but the kid is going to be legit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Desmond Trufant is one of my favorite players in the draft. He is at a position the Jets don't need but the kid is going to be legit.
    It may become a position of need pending the Revis situation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Just curious, as I don't really follow college football a ton, but how does Vacarro compare to past top safeties such as Earl Thomas, Berry, Barron, etc??
    Not sure who i would compare him to, but he is a very smooth athlete. His combine numbers weren't overly impressive, but he is sure to be a good Safety in the league. i just don't think safety is a position you draft in the top 10 unless the players is "special." I would rather wait and take a SS like Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd round or Matt Elam in the 2nd round. Both guys seem faster, stronger and more explosive than Vaccaro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I like him alot as well. Do you think he is worth taking at 9? I think we could trade down 10-12 spots and still land him or Rhodes (assuming we trade Revis). I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I like him alot as well. Do you think he is worth taking at 9? I think we could trade down 10-12 spots and still land him or Rhodes (assuming we trade Revis). I
    Wouldn't take him at 9...

That said, I don't really think anyone is worth the 9. It's kind of sh!tty that whenever the Jets get a top 10 pick, it's bad year for top talent. lol typical Jets.

Come draft day, I'll be excited to see who they take and will keep an open mind. I have to trust Idzik, right?

There are lots of talented players who have major potential, so I just hope they pick a high-ceiling guy, swing for the fences, and hope for the best. I'd much rather do that than take a "safe" pick.

Playing it safe doesn't always work, either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not sure who i would compare him to, but he is a very smooth athlete. His combine numbers weren't overly impressive, but he is sure to be a good Safety in the league. i just don't think safety is a position you draft in the top 10 unless the players is "special." I would rather wait and take a SS like Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd round or Matt Elam in the 2nd round. Both guys seem faster, stronger and more explosive than Vaccaro.
    Everyone on NFL network was fawning over Shamarko, talking about how he's a poor man's Bob Sanders. I'm not sure about all of that, but I'm certainly intrigued.

He has a few Landry-like qualities. Obviously not on the same level. Thomas is a guy who shoots to kill though, and I love that. Maybe he can be a Bernard Pollard type, and if so... sign me up right now.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 02-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    would love Dion Jordon

ljr

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It may become a position of need pending the Revis situation.
    Pragmatically yes, but financially we already have too much money locked up in Cro and Wilson to spend another 1st on a DB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earl Thomas and Berry were top picks before the combine. Vacarro's name started sneaking up into the top 10 after others started to fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Shamarko Thomas is going to be a player

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Shamarko Thomas is going to be a player
    Va Beach native!!! 7 cities in da HOWZZZZZZZ Thomas will put it on ya and they'll have to wake dat azzz up wit some ammonia... 5'9 215 lb Safety knockin out mofo's...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Jets combine rundown: A look at how some possible targets performed

Updated at 3:35 with more complete numbers from Tuesday

As the combine nears a close, now seems like a good time to take a look at some possible targets for the Jets and how they performed in Indianapolis. A lot of this is still, obviously, guesswork based on positions of need and where some good value can be found. Some is based on who the Jets have brought in for combine interviews. Some is based on some guys who have had interesting workouts or are interesting size-wise.

If there's anyone else you'd like to see up here, or just someone you're interested in tracking, we can start a discussion in the comments section below.

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas We mentioned him a few times before. Possibly the first safety off the board, Vaccaro has everything you like in the position and played in a tough conference.

Vert: 38"
    Broad: 121"
    Weight: 214
    Reps: 15

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, DB, UConn If he improves his tackling, analysts say, Wreh-Wilson could shoot up on a couple of boards based on his size, speed and coverage ability. Coming from the Big East will hurt a little, but his coaches from UConn will testify to his character and leadership ability.

Vert: 36"
    Weight: 195

Xavier Rhodes, DB, Florida State Analysts say he excels as a press corner which would make him a great fit in the Jets defense. A knee injury suffered in 2011 is a bit of a question mark but a strong 40 put him right back atop the rankings for corners.

Broad: 132"
    Weight: 210

Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington Another player with a fantastic bloodline (Marcus, Isaiah) that wowed at the combine with big numbers in the 40-yard dash. Depending on what the Jets do with Revis, any of these corners could be a good understudy.

40: 4.38"
    Vert: 37.5"
    Broad: 125"
    Weight: 190
    Reps: 16

Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse Another combine darling from the week that will shoot up the boards. Thomas was a big get for the Orange program out of high school in Virginia Beach and continued to grow. The Jets, obviously, could use a safety. He also played corner and linebacker.

40: 4.42
    Broad: 133"
    Height: 5-9
    Weight: 213

Matt Elam, S, Florida: He's got a very loud highlight tape which will undoubtedly entice Rex Ryan who had a pretty good secondary with two booming safeties last year (Bell and Landry).

40: 4.54
    Weight: 208

T.J. McDonald, S, USC: Does it help that his dad is the Jets new defensive backs coach? Possibly. Could hurt, too. But McDonald and his father both have very close relationships with defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, too. On the field, McDonald can hit hard, play the run and surprise a few people in coverage.

Vert: 40"
    Broad: 131"
    Weight: 219

Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU: He's drawing comparisons to DeMarcus Ware already and stood out during a lot of his workouts Monday morning.

40: 4.58
    Vert: 37"
    Weight: 241

Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon: Did a lot to improve his stock on Monday, at least according to the analysts. Like Mingo, people are interested in how much weight he can put on. He's also getting shoulder surgery immediately after the combine.

Vert: 32.5"
    Weight: 248

Ziggy Ansah, OLB/DE, BYU: A scout in Bob McGinn's prospect Bible put it well. Ansah is going to wow everyone at the combine and probably get a little over-drafted. The main issue: He's had nine starts. The former track athlete has been likened to Jason Pierre Paul but could be a bit of a reach. The upside, however, is endless.

Vert: 34.5"
    Weight: 271
    Reps: 21

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: He was the darling of the Monday morning session and for good reason. Athletically, he looked head and shoulders above the other televised linemen. He's drawn comparisons to Muhammad Wilkerson and, although he may not fit exactly what the Jets need on the defensive line, he's certainly enticing.

40: 4.92
    Broad: 106"
    Weight: 297

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah Projected as a top-five pick, he's been sidelined from workouts Monday with a heart condition after being checked by an endocrinologist. That doesn't change the fact that, in a 3-4 defense he can have a huge impact. Utah has played him at the nose and at DE.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Reps:

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia He's projected by analysts, at least now, as more of a weak-side backer in a 4-3 defense, but I think there's a ton of value in former safeties (like Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene) who made the transition and can make a splash in pass defense.

40: 4.62
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 242

Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: Led the country in sacks, TFL's and forced fumbles. He did not work out at the combine because of lingering neck issues, though.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Weight: 245
    Reps:

Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M: Being nicknamed “DaMonster," getting compared to Aldon Smith and backing up Von Miller will get you a lot of attention. With some strong numbers at the combine, his stock will continue to rise.

40: 4.95
    Weight: 250
    Reps: 12

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama He's been labeled the closest thing to a sure thing as far as offensive linemen go. With the Jets uncertainty at guard, he could be an interesting option.

40: 5.49
    Vert:
    Weight: 317
    Reps:

Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama: Although he might not be big enough to play tackle, the fact that he's played every position on a great offensive line in college earns him a spot here. Having a player that can occupy three positions as a backup and compete for one, guard, is huge. He is recovering from a Lisfranc injury now, though, which could force him to drop.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Reps:

Matt Barkley, QB, USC Per Peter King of Sports Illustrated, the Jets were one of nine teams who had a formal interview with the former consensus Top 5 pick. He's rehabbing his shoulder currently and won't throw at the combine. He didn't need surgery. Offensively, he can fit well into a West Coast system.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Reps:

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State His measurables are crazy and he'll likely stand out because of some of his times at the combine (7.08 3-cone, 4.21 20-yard shuttle). Sounds like he could be attractive if he's able to sit for a year and grow.

40: 4.65
    Vert: 34"
    Weight: 237
    Reps:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia The Jets were one of many teams who visited Morgantown this year to at least take a look. Thought of right now as the top QB available in the draft, however, some analysts have said it's a draft without a single first round-worthy passer.

Broad:124"
    Weight: 218
    Reps:

Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse: The former Syracuse QB played in a West Coast system under Bills head coach Doug Marrone in college and had a formal sit down with Jets QB coach David Lee.

Vert: 28.5"
    Broad: 105"
    Reps:

Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: Glennon also had a formal sit down with the Jets at the combine and drew some interest from them at the Senior Bowl. He's drawn some comparisons to Joe Flacco because of his size, although his speed and accuracy have created questions.

Vert: 26.5"
    Broad: 102"
    Height: 6-7
    Weight: 225
    Reps:

Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina, G: There's going to be a lot of guards here, if only because the Jets currently don't have a starter under contract. He also fits in well with Rex Ryan for a few reasons: He's very strong, and he wrestled in high school. Ryan loves former high school wrestlers as O-lineman.

40: 5.07
    Vert: 27"
    Broad: 108"
    Reps: 35

Larry Warford, G, Kentucky: If the Jets want to wait a little, he could be a nice pickup a little later on in the draft.

40: 5.58
    Vert: 22.5"
    Broad: 96"
    Weight: 332

Kyle Long, T/G, Oregon:: Ryan also loves lineage, and coming from the same family that produced Howie and Chris may carry some clout. Plus, he played both tackle and guard in college and could possess the size to do both in the NFL. The rub is his past, which includes a battle with addiction that forced him out of Florida State, where he was a baseball player with a mid-90s fastball.

Vert: 28"
    Weight: 313
    Reps:

Dallas Thomas, G/T, Tennessee: With guard uncertain as well as right tackle -- the Jets will more than likely bring Austin Howard, a restricted free agent, back -- guys like Dallas Thomas look pretty good. Analysts say he's a swing guard/tackle that had plenty of playing time in the SEC. He does have an injury issue, though.

40:
    Vert:
    Broad:
    Reps:

Earl Watford, G, James Madison: A small-school player that came from Philadelphia, Watford could be intriguing toward the end of the draft. The Jets previous struggles with small school interior linemen (Vlad Ducasse) could raise some red flags, however, Ducasse has yet to spend an entire season at one position.

Weight: 300

Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA: The Jets could very well solve a possible running back vacancy -- Shonn Greene is a free agent -- in the open market. But in their search for an explosive running back to pair with Bilal Powell, Franklin could be a nice option a little later in the draft. Plus, he turned some heads with the 40 time.

40: 4.49
    Weight: 205
    Reps: 18

Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina: Analysts talk up his pass blocking and receiving skills which could be important in the West Coast system. Bernard has a good deal of experience as the bell cow, but does have some knee issues.

Height: 5-8
    Weight: 202

Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers Strong for his size, Jamison could have used a little better showing as far as his 40 time in Indianapolis. There has been some comparisons to Ray Rice (size-wise, they're very close entering the NFL) although Rice ran a 4.42.

40: 4.68
    Vert: 29"
    Height: 5-7
    Weight: 203

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State If anything, the size and shiftiness stands out even if he doesn't have a stellar run numbers-wise. Watching this cut-up of him against Wisconsin is interesting, and it includes a lot of Gus Johnson yelling. Also, he stuck out in the 3-cone drill with a time of 6.75 seconds.

Weight: 230

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee The Jets fell in love with a receiver a lot like Justin Hunter last year, although Hunter's route tree was much more sophisticated than that of Stephen Hill's (and, the jury isn't close to being out on Hill).

40: 4.44
    Vert: 39.5
    Broad: 136"
    Weight: 196
    Reps:

Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan: There's enough intrigue there and we know Robinson has had discussions with the Jets this offseason. QB coach David Lee is a pioneer in the Wildcat and could possibly drool over a run/pass threat like Robinson (I know, I know, there's already someone like him on the roster. Again, just an idea).

Vert: 36.5"
    Broad: 123"
    Weight: 199
    Reps:

Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington: Injuries have dogged him (knee, metacarpal) but Kaufman does have some good hands and, analysts say, he's dangerous in the red zone. If his blocking is on point, he could make for a nice fill-in for Chaz Schilens, a free agent.

40: 4.67
    Weight: 216
    Reps: 9

Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss: This guy had himself a day at the combine Monday. For those watching the live coverage on NFL Network, he started earning camera time after a 4.64 40. That followed with a 41 1/2-inch vertical leap and an 11'7" in the broad jump. Those times and distances are all unofficial for the moment, though, so we'll keep you posted.
    The Jets has reportedly shown interest in Christine Michael and he had probably the best overall combine performance on the field out of all the RBs. He was a top 10 performer in all 7 drills. I highlight "on the field" because he supposedly overslept and missed 2 team interviews.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharmako Thomas and Nile Davis in 3 & 4 does it for me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Sharmako Thomas and Nile Davis in 3 & 4 does it for me
    Atleast 1 round too early for both players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He reminds me of Ryan Clark from the steelers - an all around guy equal against the pass and the run, Not a centerfielder like Berry - more like thomas but not to that level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Atleast 1 round too early for both players.
    Why do you feel Davis will go in the 5th, in 2010 he was a great back, if his ankle checks out I see him going in the 3rd to green bay/SF/Atlanta or in the early 4th to St Louis or the Jags. I watched alot of Mallet games/highlites and you see him doing a good job in pass protection.