Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Actively Shopped Revis at combine

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    so who do you want to be our best player? the Ravens won a super bowl with their best player being a "****ing MLB". And if Lewis would be 26 now and ask to be the best paid defensive player, do you really think the Ravens would trade him? NO! Theyd give him the money he deserves.

But obviously the Jets dont feel like Revis deserves to be paid, and id be pissed too if i was him.

lets put it like this.. do you have a job? what if you're the best employee of your company. would you ask your boss for a pay raise or would you just keep on working and not say a word?
    Ray Lewis never had a devastating knee injury in the prime of his career.
    He also never held the organization hostage with contract holdouts either.

Jets Insider VIP
    so who do you want to be our best player? the Ravens won a super bowl with their best player being a "****ing MLB". And if Lewis would be 26 now and ask to be the best paid defensive player, do you really think the Ravens would trade him? NO! Theyd give him the money he deserves.

But obviously the Jets dont feel like Revis deserves to be paid, and id be pissed too if i was him.

lets put it like this.. do you have a job? what if you're the best employee of your company. would you ask your boss for a pay raise or would you just keep on working and not say a word?
    The Ravens won the super bowl over 10 years ago when a MLB was their best player.

Not to mention that both Ravens teams were stacked in many other areas.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

STFU! Ravens won the SB because Flacco starting playing like an elite franchise QB in the post season. Without that deep bomb aganst Denver, Ravens don't even advance in the playoffs, let alone make the SB. They won it all because of Flacco, not the play of their MLB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I will never understand the idol worshiping. But I think it is a small percentage of Jets fans who are 100% opposed to trading him.

If you watch TV it seems that nearly every analyst and former player pretty much thinks Revis is overplaying his hand and needs to STFU. Never thought I would be saying this but the Jets are actually winning in the court of public opinion on this one. Only a few media hacks are knocking the Jets and that is only to stir up controversy and sell papers so I don't count them.

I think Idzik has handled everything well to this point. Now lets see how he drafts b.c that is ultimately how he is going to be judged. If the team gets better and we find a QB nobody is going to give a rat's ass about Revis in a couple of years.
    +1 A great CB is a nice luxury piece to have but it's not the most important one.. That's why Sanders 5 teams,Rod Woodson 4 teams, Charles Woodson,Champ Bailey, Samuel etc have been on multiple teams..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Please stop with this foolishness.

Revis has never been, nor will he ever be, the best defensive player in the league.
    He was in 2010 for sure. But yes, overall, no he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Ray Lewis never had a devastating knee injury in the prime of his career.
    He also never held the organization hostage with contract holdouts either.
    the knee injury is the worst argument. especially now with AD coming off such a huge season after he had the exact same injury.
    plus Lewis almost got put in jail.. which isnt much better than holding out a camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Myers backtracking on Boomer & Carton. Trying to separate himself from Manish. Mentions that editors add stuff to columns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 A great CB is a nice luxury piece to have but it's not the most important one.. That's why Sanders 5 teams,Rod Woodson 4 teams, Charles Woodson,Champ Bailey, Samuel etc have been on multiple teams..
    Right, those types of players seem to be rented by different teams every 2-3 years. The days of a franchise CB (e.g. Darrell Green) are long, long gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Myers backtracking on Boomer & Carton. Mentions that editors add stuff to columns.
    lol what a tool

These Revis-first'ers are nearing Tebowite level of insanity. Thank God that none of them are our GM.

Myers backtracking on Boomer & Carton. Trying to separate himself from Manish. Mentions that editors add stuff to columns.
    Better than Revis ever did on the field

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    These Revis-first'ers are nearing Tebowite level of insanity. Thank God that none of them are our GM.
    Did you lurk here b4 bitonti packed up his ball and went home?

You would have loooooooooved his Revis arguments during his holdout.

Laughing just thinking about it.

If it happens, it happens. Almost everyone in Jets Nation would like to keep Darrelle a Jet for his entire career, but when was the last time an elite CB carried a team to the Super Bowl? Not in today's NFL. The Ravens lost their best CB, a Top 5 CB in the league, and won the Super Bowl. Who was the top CB on the Giants in 2011? Corey Webster? He's not even a Top 20 CB. Etc. Etc. Etc.

We all love Revis and if the Jets are willing to pay him and if he's willing to wait until January-March of 2014 for a long term deal than he WILL be a Jet. However, I don't think the Jets want to pay him and look at Cromartie and look at the Ravens and think to themselves: we don't need to pay a CB $15M per.

Banned

the Ravens won a super bowl with their best player being a "****ing MLB".
    Do you even watch football?

Ray Lewis had absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens winning the Super Bowl.

It was all about Joe Flacco elevating his game to an elite level.

Jets Insider VIP
    the knee injury is the worst argument. especially now with AD coming off such a huge season after he had the exact same injury.
    plus Lewis almost got put in jail.. which isnt much better than holding out a camp.
    You mean AP.

And it's not AP's knee, its Revis' knee. Two different people with two completely different physiologies.

Plus your last sentence makes no ****ing sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you even watch football?

Ray Lewis had absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens winning the Super Bowl.

It was all about Joe Flacco elevating his game to an elite level.
    Not to mention that guy Boldin or whatever. I think he had a nice game here or there, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He was in 2010 for sure. But yes, overall, no he is not.
    2010 he missed games when he came in to camp late with his holdout.. Granted he played well with no pick's but he was the best CB no doubt even though Polamalu won..

I would assume that if they were openly shopping him, they would of tried to get a deal done as soon as possible to avoid this becoming big news.

If the report is true, i wonder if they want to hold out for the best possible deal and live with the media hoopla or would pull the trigger on the first reasonable offer go get it done and put this situation in the past and concentrate completely on the draft

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He was in 2010 for sure.
    Did I miss when Revis won the Defensive Player of the Year in 2010 with zero INT's?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You mean AP.

And it's not AP's knee, its Revis' knee. Two different people with two completely different physiologies.

Plus your last sentence makes no ****ing sense.
    No, he means AD. AD stands for "All Day", Peterson's nickname.