Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Actively Shopped Revis at combine

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Did I miss when Revis won the Defensive Player of the Year in 2010?
    Dude you and I both know that Revis was robbed that year and they gave it to Woodson more as a "lifetime achievement" type award.

If I remember correctly PFF had that season as the best ever for a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    STFU! Ravens won the SB because Flacco starting playing like an elite franchise QB in the post season. Without that deep bomb aganst Denver, Ravens don't even advance in the playoffs, let alone make the SB. They won it all because of Flacco, not the play of their MLB.
    youre right. just because of flacco..
    idk if you watch that infamous deep bomb against Denver? 9 out of 10 times that pass gets picked off. but if you actually saw the play you see the safety had the worst angle you can possibly have.
    oh hey did you see that deep bomb Sanchez threw to Braylon in the AFCCG against the Colts? does that make him elite too?

im not saying they won because of the play of their MLB. but im saying their best player is a MLB and they won. so why cant our best player be a CB?
    because all i read here is that a CB isnt important to a team.. "its just a friggin CB" and thats a joke!

it wouldn't make sense for the jets to trade him in the summer. teams are drafting now, trying to address needs. teams in need of a cb will look to take them early. i understand that revis may be healthier but the time to trade him is before the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Better than Revis ever did on the field
    I like it when you show your SOJF side.

FWIW, he stood by his reporting that the Jets shopped Revis. But he basically hinted that editors can change stories a little or embellish on things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    youre right. just because of flacco..
    idk if you watch that infamous deep bomb against Denver? 9 out of 10 times that pass gets picked off. but if you actually saw the play you see the safety had the worst angle you can possibly have.
    oh hey did you see that deep bomb Sanchez threw to Braylon in the AFCCG against the Colts? does that make him elite too?

im not saying they won because of the play of their MLB. but im saying their best player is a MLB and they won. so why cant our best player be a CB?
    because all i read here is that a CB isnt important to a team.. "its just a friggin CB" and thats a joke!
    Ray Lewis wasn't the Ravens best player last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Myers backtracking on Boomer & Carton. Trying to separate himself from Manish. Mentions that editors add stuff to columns.
    Myers is a clown so it is only fitting that he works in the circus that is the New York Sports/Gossip Media.

Manish is well on his way to achieving Gary Myers' status though. He needs to add to his resume like Myers did by blasting a New York team for acquiring a hall of fame RB in his prime who would help lead his team to a division title and a championship game. Then rip a New York team for not firing a head coach who would go on to win two super bowls. Another way of achieving Gary Myers' status would be to blast a New York team for not drafting a QB who would go on to be one of the biggest busts of all-time.

Only after Manish shames himself by being wrong on some of the most important football moments in the past twenty years could he lower himself to the position of a Gary Myers.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-27-2013 at 09:31 AM.

If thats true John Idzik has already lost all of my respect as a person and as a GM.
    Taking over as a GM and then giving away your best Player / employee is the dumbest thing you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Two things.

1: He wouldn't be "giving him away", ok? He'd be TRADING him.
    2: Our super best player in J-E-T-S! JETS JETS JETS! history is.....a ****ing CB? Yeah, don't care.
    Yeah...what he said. No way do we get held hostage by a CB...F*ck him and his agent! Go for it Izzy and show him who's boss

Do you even watch football?

Ray Lewis had absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens winning the Super Bowl.

It was all about Joe Flacco elevating his game to an elite level.
    Thats EXACTLY what im trying to say. everyone here is saying "its just a CB, he cant win super bowls for us"
    so im trying to give you examples so you can understand that you can also win the super bowl with your best player not being a quarterback!
    And Boldin saved Flaccos ass a couple of times.. i dont even wanna remember how many times he just threw it to Boldin into double coverage and boldin made a hell of a grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You mean AP.

And it's not AP's knee, its Revis' knee. Two different people with two completely different physiologies.

Plus your last sentence makes no ****ing sense.
    no i mean AD but nice try

Banned

so why cant our best player be a CB?
    Because CB's are such bigtime playmakers they can win 4 or 5 games on their own.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ray Lewis wasn't the Ravens best player last year.
    +1 He only played in 6 games and didn't even make the Pro Bowl with the sympathy vote..

so who do you want to be our best player? the Ravens won a super bowl with their best player being a "****ing MLB". And if Lewis would be 26 now and ask to be the best paid defensive player, do you really think the Ravens would trade him? NO! Theyd give him the money he deserves.

But obviously the Jets dont feel like Revis deserves to be paid, and id be pissed too if i was him.

lets put it like this.. do you have a job? what if you're the best employee of your company. would you ask your boss for a pay raise or would you just keep on working and not say a word?
    1) Revis has "asked" for a pay raise twice already, this would be the third time.

2) You can't compare "normal job takers" to NFL players. What do you think would happen, if you asked your boss for a pay raise and told him you wouldn't come to work, untill your demands were met?

Jets Insider VIP
    Thats EXACTLY what im trying to say. everyone here is saying "its just a CB, he cant win super bowls for us"
    so im trying to give you examples so you can understand that you can also win the super bowl with your best player not being a quarterback!
    And Boldin saved Flaccos ass a couple of times.. i dont even wanna remember how many times he just threw it to Boldin into double coverage and boldin made a hell of a grab.

You have a Revis avatar. Try being a little objective.

Because CB's are such bigtime playmakers they can win 4 or 5 games on their own.
    Didn't you know, bro? Good teams build around Franchise Cornerbacks.

i agree. and MLB are the same. they can win 4 or 5 games..
    but do you really think if Lewis wouldve asked to be paid the Ravens wouldve traded him? i dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I like it when you show your SOJF side.

FWIW, he stood by his reporting that the Jets shopped Revis. But he basically hinted that editors can change stories a little or embellish on things.
    Yeah, I heard it too...He said now the teams are going back and doing their homework, which he didn't explain..My guess what that means:

1. what teams feel they can afford (another guess, the Jets know what Revis is looking for contractwise and passed it on)
    2. Revis knee progress/prognosis (again another guess that the Jets have some sort of current medical update)
    3. and appropriate trade compensation.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-27-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Idzik shopping Revis to multiple teams at the Combine was a good start.

One way to ensure we get fair value in return is to start a bidding war.

Banned
    i agree. and MLB are the same. they can win 4 or 5 games..
    How do MLB's, or CB's, win games on their own when their team is down by 13 points with 5:00 minutes to play in the game?

MT was too tied to the hip of Rex, they seemed to make decisions collectively far too often.

I love that Idzikís keeping Rex and everyone else out of the equation.
    Heís stepping up and being his own man.

This is refreshing. Maybe just maybe we have a real GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    MT was too tied to the hip of Rex, they seemed to make decisions collectively far too often.

I love that Idzikís keeping Rex and everyone else out of the equation.
    Heís stepping up and being his own man.

This is refreshing. Maybe just maybe we have a real GM.
    Or its at the direction of the owner....

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Didn't you know, bro? Good teams build around Franchise Cornerbacks.
    The Ravens are a good team ok?
    and is their best player the QB?? no it isnt! their best player is Ray Lewis! Then Ed Reed, then maybe Boldin, then Rice, and then maybe Flacco.
    But thats what you dont get. To win a superbowl you dont need a Franchise elite QB.