Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Actively Shopped Revis at combine

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    MT was too tied to the hip of Rex, they seemed to make decisions collectively far too often.

I love that Idzikís keeping Rex and everyone else out of the equation.
    Heís stepping up and being his own man.

This is refreshing. Maybe just maybe we have a real GM.
    exactly what i was thinking. also like that he's blowing off revis. revis is tweeting, his agents are squaking. idzik is going about his business, his way. love it.

i just hope he doesn't draft barkley in the 2nd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    The Ravens are a good team ok?
    and is their best player the QB?? no it isnt! their best player is Ray Lewis! Then Ed Reed, then maybe Boldin, then Rice, and then maybe Flacco.
    But thats what you dont get. To win a superbowl you dont need a Franchise elite QB.
    flacco played elite in the playoffs and if he did not they would not have won

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How do MLB's, or CB's, win games on their own when their team is down by 13 points with 5:00 minutes to play in the game?
    its getting really frustrating to show you the point.
    lets just sign the best QB out there and fill the rest of the team up with scrubs. put you and me at CB. CBs arent important, as long you got a qb you're settled

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    No one cared because Revis was doing it at a fair price. All of this backlash, this is Revis' doing. You don't seem to be able to grasp that. He never honored any contract prior to the one signed in 2010, and if it wasn't for the clause in his contract, it's pretty much guarenteed he would have held out last year.

You know what's something that I don't care about? Some stupid list that's determined by player votes to decide who the best defensive player in the NFL. What Revis does is incredible dont get me wrong, but with the NFL the way it is now you need a pass rusher, not one friggin corner. Give me Aldon Smith, Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, JJ Watt etc. over darrelle Revis and his retarded demands any day of the week. At the end of the day, I want a championship, not the right to say we have the "bestest corner in tha league".
    Great post, I agree with everything you said. I stopped being a fan of him as a person off the field about two holdouts ago. The team desperately needs a pass rush, I'd gladly have any of the players you named over Revis any day, and yes championship - I literally couldn't agree with you anymore, you put it perfectly.

...But you also gave credit to what he has done on the field. What I have trouble understanding is the "I don't care" mentality. It just seems to simplistic, he's a CB so who cares - I don't remember hearing much of that sentiment over the past years while he's been performing on the field. IMHO I feel like to simply brush off his departure as "who cares" is kind of discrediting what he has done and what he has been to this defense. I'm not sure how many people were saying "Revis Island, who gives a s***". I don't have a problem with the need to move on from him, and like I said obviously this is just my opinion, but I feel
    like just dismissively saying "who cares" is oversimplifying the situation and come across as bitterness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post
    2) You can't compare "normal job takers" to NFL players. What do you think would happen, if you asked your boss for a pay raise and told him you wouldn't come to work, untill your demands were met?
    Sounds pretty much like the NY city Sanitation workers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simply smart football management. It would be stupid to NOT look at trade options for him. A dumb team would merrily waltz along, let him play next year, watch him have a good year and then watch him walk out the door when his contract demands are too high and he has the team by the balls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ravens are a good team ok?
    and is their best player the QB?? no it isnt! their best player is Ray Lewis! Then Ed Reed, then maybe Boldin, then Rice, and then maybe Flacco.
    But thats what you dont get. To win a superbowl you dont need a Franchise elite QB.
    Lewis isn't their best player...He was getting destroyed in the passing game..

Pretty damn elite playoff performance, no?

Joe Flacco became just the second quarterback in NFL history to throw 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions in one playoff run.

The other passer to achieve that type of success? Joe Montana. That's not a bad name to be associated with in just your fifth season in the league. Montana of course accomplished those numbers in three games, while Flacco did it in four. Still, it's a rare occurrence to witness mistake-free play like Flacco put together throughout the 2012 playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/4...vii-joe-flacco

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Please stop with this foolishness.

Revis has never been, nor will he ever be, the best defensive player in the league.
    Alright fine, whatever title you feel like using - is best CB okay with you?

You more than anyone know what Revis has been to Jets fans these past years. How many times has someone said who cares about Revis, he's just a CB?
    Or better yet, what would have happened if YOU had said that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Lewis isn't their best player...He was getting destroyed in the passing game..

Pretty damn elite playoff performance, no?

Joe Flacco became just the second quarterback in NFL history to throw 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions in one playoff run.

The other passer to achieve that type of success? Joe Montana. That's not a bad name to be associated with in just your fifth season in the league. Montana of course accomplished those numbers in three games, while Flacco did it in four. Still, it's a rare occurrence to witness mistake-free play like Flacco put together throughout the 2012 playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/4...vii-joe-flacco
    Lewis isnt their best player? Who is then?
    Reed? Rice? Boldin?
    It sure isnt Flacco

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    Alright fine, whatever title you feel like using - is best CB okay with you?

I have always said Revis is the best CB in the NFL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Sounds pretty much like the NY city Sanitation workers.
    Well yeah, but that was organized and counted hundreds of workers, not just one person.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LB obviously didn't watch Lewis last year and only paid attention to the name. If you seriously think he was their best player, you need to go back and watch the Superbowl and see him get shat on all night, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well yeah, but that was organized and counted hundreds of workers, not just one person.
    Plus the NY Sanitation workers are the best sanitation workers on the planet. You could easily get 3 Kansas City Sanitation workers in a trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis isnt their best player? Who is then?
    Reed? Rice? Boldin?
    It sure isnt Flacco
    Could care less...But it isn't Lewis (2012-13).

And again dispute Flacco's playoff performance...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree. and MLB are the same. they can win 4 or 5 games..
    but do you really think if Lewis wouldve asked to be paid the Ravens wouldve traded him? i dont think so.
    Lewis was a FA in 2009 and got pissed that Rex went after Scott and not him.. BTW Tex was kidding about the CB comment..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Plus the NY Sanitation workers are the best sanitation workers on the planet. You could easily get 3 Kansas City Sanitation workers in a trade.
    LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could care less...But it isn't Lewis (2012-13).

And again dispute Flacco's playoff performance...
    I'm betting Flacco will be the highest paid player on that team, he may or may not be the best but the team will consider him the most valuable member of the team based on where it counts, payroll.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1)
    2) You can't compare "normal job takers" to NFL players. What do you think would happen, if you asked your boss for a pay raise and told him you wouldn't come to work, untill your demands were met?
    I think you can.
    If i do feel im the most important employee to the company and know that i would find a job anywhere else i'd like, i'd tell my boss i would quit if they dont pay me.
    Do you really think no one has ever quit his job because he felt he doesnt get paid well enough?

It happens everyday with normal job takers. If you feel you dont get paid well enough for what you do, you quit your job and start looking somewhere else where they pay you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can.
    If i do feel im the most important employee to the company and know that i would find a job anywhere else i'd like, i'd tell my boss i would quit if they dont pay me.
    Do you really think no one has ever quit his job because he felt he doesnt get paid well enough?

It happens everyday with normal job takers. If you feel you dont get paid well enough for what you do, you quit your job and start looking somewhere else where they pay you.
    So Revis is going to quit this season and go play in the CFL?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Revis is going to quit this season and go play in the CFL?
    No but hes gonna hold out.
    Sorry you cant hold out in a regular job.
    But i tried to make as good of an example as i can so you can understand.