Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Tony Pauline: 2013 NFL mock draft: Geno Smith in top 10?

  1. #1

    Tony Pauline: 2013 NFL mock draft: Geno Smith in top 10?

    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Let the outrage commence!!! Updated mock draft at http://USAToday.com : http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2013/02/26/nfl-combine-shakes-up-mock-draft/1950123/ …

    9. New York Jets

    G Chance Warmack, Alabama: A pass rusher will get consideration, but the Jets soon might need two starting guards.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...draft/1950123/

  2. #2
    The more I think about it, the more I'm OK with Warmack. He'll make our line a lot better really fast.

  3. #3
    I'm ok with Warmack.

    I'd still like to trade down if the Top 8 picks end up like that

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,812
    Floyd going 13 is interesting. I think he will go Top 5.

    I wouldn't surprised if Werner and Lotulelei slip.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Floyd going 13 is interesting. I think he will go Top 5.

    I wouldn't surprised if Werner and Lotulelei slip.
    Ya, there's something we don't know (which wouldn't be the first time Tony had insight into a situation that's yet to be released to the public), cause otherwise he had too much baileys in his coffee this morning. I can't imagine why a team like CLE passing on 3-4 end like Floyd for a guy like Mingo.

  6. #6
    If the top 8 ended up like that, I think we would take Ziggy Anash

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I'm ok with Warmack.

    I'd still like to trade down if the Top 8 picks end up like that
    I love the idea of building a dominant O-line. As we saw in the past with Sanchez, you can win with a dominant and less than average QB play.

    We can't count on finding a stud QB, but if we find just a middle of the pack QB with a dominant OL we will always be competitive.

  8. #8
    I dont see Te'o going to the Ravens after Harbaugh reaction to his 40 time.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,323
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I dont see Te'o going to the Ravens after Harbaugh reaction to his 40 time.
    Or Harbaugh was bluffing so that he can hope Te'o falls to him.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Or Harbaugh was bluffing so that he can hope Te'o falls to him.
    No. That was his reaction. He didn't know he was on camera.

    Anyway it's up to Ozzie, their scouts, and input from coaches. Not just Jim H.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,216
    omg. a f*cking Guard at 9... horrible.

  12. #12
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,105
    I've seen a number of mocks now that has J. Jones going #15 to Saints because of Rob Ryan.

    I'm not so sure Rex is gonna let this guy pass. He is exactly what we need from at OLB and is a potential superstar with proven results on the field against good competition.

    I don't think his spinal stenosis is going to be as big of a concern as many have made it out to be....FWIW....I heard Jones on an interview on NFL.com radio say that doctors have told him it is a very very mild form of stenosis. A lot less than a guy like Marcus McNeil had.

    Nevertheless, if the "experts" think a team will take the "risk" and make the pick at 15...why wouldn't the Jets make the pick at 9?

    He sure as hell has better real,.on the field production then most of the other pass rushers listed in the top ten.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    omg. a f*cking Guard at 9... horrible.
    IF he's as good as many proclaim its a real good pick. The OL needs fixing and badly as does OLB.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,272
    What's interesting is that Tony has been saying for a couple months that he thinks Moore would be the perfect fit for the Jets and had him ranked number 1 overall on his board.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    What's interesting is that Tony has been saying for a couple months that he thinks Moore would be the perfect fit for the Jets and had him ranked number 1 overall on his board.
    He must think that his weak combine is going to seriously affect him.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    IF he's as good as many proclaim its a real good pick. The OL needs fixing and badly as does OLB.
    Our oline was not a huge problem last year. Awful Qb and an awful RB hurt them as much as anything.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Our oline was not a huge problem last year. Awful Qb and an awful RB hurt them as much as anything.
    OK.

  18. #18
    Warmack would be a safe, conservative pick, although in some ways it would be a signal that winning in 2013 is not the goal. He provides little, if any, immediate help. Moore played fine for us last season and as a rookie Warmack could probably duplicate what he did.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Warmack would be a safe, conservative pick, although in some ways it would be a signal that winning in 2013 is not the goal. He provides little, if any, immediate help. Moore played fine for us last season and as a rookie Warmack could probably duplicate what he did.
    He is not that safe

    There was a recent report from the combine that warmack is simply not very smart and that as defenses adjust throughout the game, he isnt able to adapt.

    Now, obviously everyone has red flags, but the point is there is no one who is cant miss.

    Lastly, if you take the consensus best passrusher and he fails you dont get fired for it.

    If you take a guard and the Ansah becomes JPP and warmack becomes chris naole, you will not only get fired, but probably have trouble getting a good job in the league ever again.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    He is not that safe

    There was a recent report from the combine that warmack is simply not very smart and that as defenses adjust throughout the game, he isnt able to adapt.

    Now, obviously everyone has red flags, but the point is there is no one who is cant miss.

    Lastly, if you take the consensus best passrusher and he fails you dont get fired for it.

    If you take a guard and the Ansah becomes JPP and warmack becomes chris naole, you will not only get fired, but probably have trouble getting a good job in the league ever again.
    I would have a very hard time passing up Jarvis Jones if he gets a clean bill of health.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us