Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Jets trying to re-sign safety LaRon Landry

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    If the market dictates $5m a year then I would definitely look at a contract that has injury clauses for him. But if he does go somewhere else, then there will be players that will love to make $5m at the safety spot. Byrd for Buffalo is a solid safety with cover skills and so to is Moore out of the ATL.
    Byrd signs for 25% MORE than whatever Landry gets...you can take that to the bank!

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt considering who is reporting it.....
    ----------------------------------------------
    Jets safety LaRon Landry will become an unrestricted free agent in March. the hard hitting safety had a good year and played all 16 games in 2012 for the first time in four years.

The capped strapped Jets have had discussions and had made it known they are trying to sign Landry, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Landry has been said to be seeking at least $6 million per year.
    Make it snappy

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Hopefully they can come to a reasonable agreement but we obviously can't hamstring ourselves over one player. If another team is willing to pay significantly more let him go there.
    Yep. There are some potential Jets safeties in the draft, that kid Jamarko somethiing is touted as a possible replacement for Hulk Smash

And for those that think a Landry re-signing isn't happening, if the Jets are serious about moving Revis, a Landry re-signing makes even more sense and is a bigger possibility. That money for Revis will be spread out to the rest of the roster and especially the secondary. Afterall, it was Landry's play without Revis that gave the Jets a strong presence and performance in the pass defense last year.

Different player BUT:

NFL Network AM:

"Ed Reed to the Jets makes the most sense."

Would anyone be opposed to this? Let's say he wants to play and not retire.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Different player BUT:

NFL Network AM:

"Ed Reed to the Jets makes the most sense."

Would anyone be opposed to this? Let's say he wants to play and not retire.
    LOL..now that Bryan Thomas is gone, about 11 years too late.

Word during the final day of the combine is many of the free agent cornerbacks and defensive backs who are expecting big paydays are likely to be disappointed. We hear those expecting deals of $7-million per year may have to settle for $4-$5 million annually. LaRon Landry, who’s hoping to get in the area of $6-million per year, is likely to be offered no more than $3-$4 million, according to those who hung around Indianapolis through Tuesday.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Word during the final day of the combine is many of the free agent cornerbacks and defensive backs who are expecting big paydays are likely to be disappointed. We hear those expecting deals of $7-million per year may have to settle for $4-$5 million annually. LaRon Landry, who’s hoping to get in the area of $6-million per year, is likely to be offered no more than $3-$4 million, according to those who hung around Indianapolis through Tuesday.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805
    If Landry and Keller can both be signed in that range, I'd try and sign them both. Didn't think it was possible, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If Landry and Keller can both be signed in that range, I'd try and sign them both. Didn't think it was possible, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
    As far as Landry goes, it all comes down to the amount of guaranteed money. Despite playing the entire season last year, he still has a pretty long list of injuries. I doubt he gets more than a 3 year deal and doubt more than one season is fully guaranteed.

I would be ecstatic if Ed Reed signed a one-year deal with the Jets. Rex's system + Cromartie and Revis on the outside doesn't require safeties with elite speed, and Reed would immediately step in as the signal-caller back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    I would be ecstatic if Ed Reed signed a one-year deal with the Jets. Rex's system + Cromartie and Revis on the outside doesn't require safeties with elite speed, and Reed would immediately step in as the signal-caller back there.
    ed reed is a great player. but this has ronnie lott part 2 written all over it.

Jets Insider VIP
    When are you guys going to realize that this team has no desire to be competetive in 2013? Idzik isnt even looking to guys like this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    When are you guys going to realize that this team has no desire to be competetive in 2013? Idzik isnt even looking to guys like this.
    I don't agree with the first statement (bolded) but I do agree with the second.

There are very few teams in the past 10 years who had no desire to compete in the upcoming year. Even with the problems the Jets have, its not out of the realm of possibility for them to be competitive. All that really needs to happen is have a stark improvement at the QB position. True, that's unlikely to happen simply by clapping your hands, but it is possible....dare I say even with Sanchez back there (he can't do much worse).

But, I agree that Reed is not the type of guy they will for this year. Even though I don't think the Jets are conceding anything, They aren't looking for high priced geriatrics to burden the cap. Doesn't mean they're throwing in the towel, but they still need to be reasonable.

Hall Of Fame

There are very few teams in the past 10 years who had no desire to compete in the upcoming year. Even with the problems the Jets have, its not out of the realm of possibility for them to be competitive. All that really needs to happen is have a stark improvement at the QB position. True, that's unlikely to happen simply by clapping your hands, but it is possible....dare I say even with Sanchez back there (he can't do much worse).

But, I agree that Reed is not the type of guy they will for this year. Even though I don't think the Jets are conceding anything, They aren't looking for high priced geriatrics to burden the cap. Doesn't mean they're throwing in the towel, but they still need to be reasonable.
    Plus, the Jets are not the team that Reed would be looking for anyway.

I didn't comment on the likelihood of the Jets being in the conversation for Reed, I just said I'd be ecstatic if they signed him. And I would.

I think Reed will be a Raven next year. But he would absolutely play for Rex Ryan.

I didn't comment on the likelihood of the Jets being in the conversation for Reed, I just said I'd be ecstatic if they signed him. And I would.

I think Reed will be a Raven next year. But he would absolutely play for Rex Ryan.
    What player wouldn't want to play for Club Rex

Did the Colts expect to compete in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What player wouldn't want to play for Club Rex
    Player loyalty is not one of Rex's problems.

2year 10 million take it or leave it

Sensabaugh released

http://nfltraderumors.co/cowboys-rel...ld-sensabaugh/

One year, $1.5 million? Decent in coverage, bad against the run. Pair with Bell/Allen, who have the opposite problem?