Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 593

Thread: Jodi Arias

  1. #141

    Bad typos

    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Prior bad acts are generally not admissible as evidence. There are afew exceptions, but you hear the phrase most often in connection with them not being admissable, specifically because they can't be used to infer "because Jane acted this way previously, she probably acted this way in this case". The primary exception would be if the defendant, particularly on the witness stand, is trying to prove character, that there is no evidence that they would act this way, etc. - the prior bad act could be used by the prosecution to impeach the witness.

    At least that's what Dick Wolf taught me...
    LOL

  2. #142
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Have you already picked out the underwear you're going to mail to her when she's in prison?
    Lol seriously. GenoT has found the girl of his dreams.

  3. #143
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,695
    If you say hairy ass with a British accent, it sounds like Arias.

  4. #144
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They have 4 women on DR in that state, wonder what they did?
    Made GenoT wet in the shorts, for one.

    -

  5. #145
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,974
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Nobody knows who slashed those tires. It wasn't evidence presented at trial. There has been no evidence presented of any violent acts, or fits of jealous rage in her life.She wasn't born when she met Mr Alexander, she was 28 years old. I ask you,there was a picture Mrs Arias took of him in the shower with his back turned to her.Why, if she planned on killing him, didn't she stick the gun to the back of his head and pull the trigger five times?
    You are cracking me up. You are the guy that every litigator dreads having on his jury.

  6. #146

    Let me make this clear

    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    You are cracking me up. You are the guy that every litigator dreads having on his jury.
    I would find her innocent of 1st degree murder, and probably find her guilty on 2nd degree murder. I couldn't care less what she looks like.I believe she was attacked, and went beyond what we would consider reasonable self defense.

  7. #147
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I would find her innocent of 1st degree murder, and probably find her guilty on 2nd degree murder. I couldn't care less what she looks like.I believe she was attacked, and went beyond what we would consider reasonable self defense.
    If she were attacked she would be the one with a bullet in her, slit throat, and endless stab wounds both front and back. Oh wait, she was body slammed it would have ended right there.

  8. #148

    Not really

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If she were attacked she would be the one with a bullet in her, slit throat, and endless stab wounds both front and back. Oh wait, she was body slammed it would have ended right there.
    Well, than why wasn't she killed, the gunshot came first,and did nothing to affect his ability to defend himself, according to the medical examiner.Im struggling with where he was when the event took place.It happened when he came out of the shower. To me that supports the theory that, he got pissed about something and came out of the shower to scream her down, or something else.Your post Apache is kind of making my point. Why, with dozens of chances to pull the trigger to the back of his head, would she risk confronting him first face to face. Shes directing him into different positions in the shower to take a good photo.Direct him into a position where you could shoot him fatally and walk out safely.

  9. #149
    She's guilty no doubt. A week before the incident her grandparents got robbed and guess what was stolen, a .25 pistol. When you consider there is no evidence that the boyfriend ever owned a gun I think its pretty clear where that weapon came from. Then she rented a car and brought filled gas cans when she went to his house in Arizona. She even requested a car other than red. Tell me that doesn't sound like a premeditated crime? She even made sure she wouldn't have to buy gas in while she was there. Lastly, a couple hours after the murder she called and left him a voicemail like nothing was wrong. This was right after slashing him up, she is stone cold crazy.

    This was premeditated.

  10. #150
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,294
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    You are cracking me up. You are the guy that every litigator dreads having on his jury.

  11. #151
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetset21 View Post
    She's guilty no doubt. A week before the incident her grandparents got robbed and guess what was stolen, a .25 pistol. When you consider there is no evidence that the boyfriend ever owned a gun I think its pretty clear where that weapon came from. Then she rented a car and brought filled gas cans when she went to his house in Arizona. She even requested a car other than red. Tell me that doesn't sound like a premeditated crime? She even made sure she wouldn't have to buy gas in while she was there. Lastly, a couple hours after the murder she called and left him a voicemail like nothing was wrong. This was right after slashing him up, she is stone cold crazy.

    This was premeditated.
    Makes sense to me. You must not want to sleep with her as much as Geno does.

  12. #152
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetset21 View Post
    She's guilty no doubt. A week before the incident her grandparents got robbed and guess what was stolen, a .25 pistol. When you consider there is no evidence that the boyfriend ever owned a gun I think its pretty clear where that weapon came from. Then she rented a car and brought filled gas cans when she went to his house in Arizona. She even requested a car other than red. Tell me that doesn't sound like a premeditated crime? She even made sure she wouldn't have to buy gas in while she was there. Lastly, a couple hours after the murder she called and left him a voicemail like nothing was wrong. This was right after slashing him up, she is stone cold crazy.

    This was premeditated.
    Yes, but according to GenoT's logic, because this was the first time she stole a .25, rented a non-red car, bought gas cans and then called his voicemail as if nothing had happened after killing him, this cant be premeditated.



    -

  13. #153
    So...would a donkey punch on this chick be considered 'standing my ground' in self defense?

    "Your honor, I thought she was going all Jodi Arias on me. I had no choice."

    If she gets off then everyone can blame GenoT types for the subsequent increase in donkey punch assaults. Congratulations!
    Last edited by frostlich; 03-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    So...would a donkey punch on this chick be considered 'standing my ground' in self defense?

    "Your honor, I thought she was going all Jodi Arias on me. I had no choice."

    If she gets off then everyone can blame GenoT types for the subsequent increase in donkey punch assaults. Congratulations!
    She brought gas cans many times on trips there. its not unusual bringing extra gas, on desert highway when gas stations come around every 70 miles.According to Mr alexanders friend he loved guns, went to the shooting range on a regular basis, but his friend, Naturally on nancy grace says he didn't own his own gun. Ive served on jurys, including being the foreperson who convinced two holdouts that the defendant was guilty.I hope you guys aren't HTV and in session groupies, who spend every trial cheerleading for the state attorneys office.

  15. #155

    I know im right

    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Yes, but according to GenoT's logic, because this was the first time she stole a .25, rented a non-red car, bought gas cans and then called his voicemail as if nothing had happened after killing him, this cant be premeditated.



    -
    Trial changer.I just found out this morning that her boyfriend was convicted in 2002 on theft and battery charges.If you want to label somebody a pre meditated killer, get all your facts together.I find it interesting that nobody has addressed my specific points about why the pre meditation argument is a joke.

  16. #156
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,695
    Where did the gun and the knife used in the murder come from? Who owned them?

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Where did the gun and the knife used in the murder come from? Who owned them?
    The gun is difficult for the defense. Everybody has a knife capable of killing in there home. Travis tied her up during sex and cut the rope. I guess that was the knife used by her. The gun, was either stolen by her to kill, or it was a gun he had in the house???Idon't know what the gun laws are in Arizona, if the defense could show a reciept of a gun purchase, it sure would go a long way to confirming her story

  18. #158
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,092
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    it sure would go a long way to confirming her story
    Which story. Ya know, so we know what you are talking about.





    -

  19. #159
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The gun is difficult for the defense. Everybody has a knife capable of killing in there home. Travis tied her up during sex and cut the rope. I guess that was the knife used by her. The gun, was either stolen by her to kill, or it was a gun he had in the house???Idon't know what the gun laws are in Arizona, if the defense could show a reciept of a gun purchase, it sure would go a long way to confirming her story
    Actually, the gun and any lack of proof of it's existence could be in her favor.

  20. #160

    I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Actually, the gun and any lack of proof of it's existence could be in her favor.
    But you have these phonies who aren't witnesses in the case talking about travis not owning a gun, but a video surfaces showing him shooting rifles at a shooting range. There story is he loved guns, went to the shooting range whenever he had a chance, but didn't own a gun. In a state without very restrictive gun laws.I doubt this will change anybodys opinion, but he was convicted in 2002 on felony assault against a security officer.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us