Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Jay Glazer: Alex Smith to KC

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not true..You wouldn't get the 34th pick and a pick next year for a backup i.e. Drew Stanton, Jason Campbell etc....

Where did I say he's a world beater? But look at his stats the past 2 seasons once a competent coach came aboard (sigh)..
    KC was desperate because they had to go through guys like Brady Quinn and Brody Croyle and whatnot in recent years... anyways, I see your point but while Smith is a competent QB with an all world D and a big time run game (sound familiar) I do not think he is anything to write home about. My backup point was relating to his value as the trade partner knew that SF was giving up their number two QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Look you could be right. It's just my opinion. I have never been an Alex Smith guy. I am in the camp that is happy the Jets never made a play for him. I think it took him some time in the leauge to "earn" the title game manager. That he is. I would rather have a franchize QB for my team thats all.
    i like this as well. after having sanchez the past 4 years, i'm hoping idzik is of the mindset that the next qb should be taller with a stronger arm.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i like this as well. after having sanchez the past 4 years, i'm hoping idzik is of the mindset that the next qb should be taller with a stronger arm.
    The next QB needs to be more confident, with a stronger presence. I think Idzik knows this after seeing a rookie with an abundance of these qualities take the league by storm.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The next QB needs to be more confident, with a stronger presence. I think Idzik knows this after seeing a rookie with an abundance of these qualities take the league by storm.
    +1.

We also need a leader of men. A field general. Someone who when things aren't going well the team looks to them. Not someone who crumbles under pressure.

+1 I like Glennon. not with the #8 pick though. Would love to see us trade our pick and get him in the 20's

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1.

We also need a leader of men. A field general. Someone who when things aren't going well the team looks to them. Not someone who crumbles under pressure.
    not sure who fits that bill this year. but i could envision a scenario where the jets take a defensive player at 9, then use a late first/early 2nd they got in a revis deal, and take a qb. they'd probably have their pick of glennon, nassib, bray and perhaps gino.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    KC was desperate because they had to go through guys like Brady Quinn and Brody Croyle and whatnot in recent years... anyways, I see your point but while Smith is a competent QB with an all world D and a big time run game (sound familiar) I do not think he is anything to write home about. My backup point was relating to his value as the trade partner knew that SF was giving up their number two QB...
    It's a new regime in KC. So the Quinn/Broyle reference doesn't mean a thing to Reid/Dorsey. It's a good trade for both teams. He's a good fit for Reid/KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    define ballistic.
    sample

February 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Im going to make one comment on this then I am done with being pissed about this highway robbery and I am not going to comment any further. I absolutely hate this trade I think Hunt, Reid and Dorsey are idiots for pulling this BS and I am going to have a very hard time justifying paying for Sunday Ticket this year or any of the subsequent years that Smith is our starter. In 5 more years when we are talking about who is going to be our new GM, Coach and QB it will have been 25 years since we won a playoff game.

During the 2013 season Alex Smith will throw more INTs than TD's.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1.

The best QBs out there always believe they're going to win, and can't stomach losing. They don't put up with it, and they don't except less than 100% from their players. That to me is the most important quality for a QB. You can only find that out by interviewing them, and their teammates. Off the top of my head, Farve, Brady, and Brees were all lacking in talent, but they refused to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    sample

February 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Im going to make one comment on this then I am done with being pissed about this highway robbery and I am not going to comment any further. I absolutely hate this trade I think Hunt, Reid and Dorsey are idiots for pulling this BS and I am going to have a very hard time justifying paying for Sunday Ticket this year or any of the subsequent years that Smith is our starter. In 5 more years when we are talking about who is going to be our new GM, Coach and QB it will have been 25 years since we won a playoff game.

During the 2013 season Alex Smith will throw more INTs than TD's.
    Probably one of the guys that cheered Cassel when he was lying on the field with a concussion.

@adbrandt: Harsh reality re Alex Smith: but for a concussion, he may still be 49ers starting QB. Not a good story for player disclosure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Lol, foolish move by KC. Smith cant win a Superbowl, they'd should've rolled the dice on Geno. A high 2nd AND another pick, wow

@adbrandt: Harsh reality re Alex Smith: but for a concussion, he may still be 49ers starting QB. Not a good story for player disclosure.
    I think the whole "I lost my job because I got a concussion" is a load. Kaepernick was just flat out better.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    I think the whole "I lost my job because I got a concussion" is a load. Kaepernick was just flat out better.
    Different type QBs. But 70% and 13-5 in 10 games doesn't sux and a special teams disaster in last years NFCCG kept him & the 49ers out of the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Lol, foolish move by KC. Smith cant win a Superbowl, they'd should've rolled the dice on Geno. A high 2nd AND another pick, wow
    Right. Because if Kyle Williams didn't **** the bed in the NFCCG they would have been in the SB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Right. Because if Kyle Williams didn't **** the bed in the NFCCG they would have been in the SB.
    The game he passed for under 200 yards and less then 50% completion? He was along for the ride, on a loaded team.

The game he passed for under 200 yards and less then 50% completion? He was along for the ride, on a loaded team.
    Yeah. Lets discount the NO game otherwise they don't get to the NFCCG. Whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    Both Eli and Smith sucked in that game. Especially the 2nd half. I never seen two QBs take worse beatings. They were both under pressure and getting crushed.

The week before he put his team on his back and went toe-to-toe with Drew Brees. He didn't blink. He rose to the occassion.

I am not saying Smith is an all-timer but he deserves respect for what he has done. He made plays and did his part. "Along for the ride" is turning the ball over and handing the ball of while your D and STs wins games.

All Pro
    ha ha tanks God KC is stuck with this mediocre nobody of a QB, and got robbed for the privilege. At least he won't be on the Jets

KC is cursed. Alex Smith wasn't worth more than a 4th.