Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Glazer: Alex Smith to KC

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    1) The concussion was the only publicly legitimate "excuse" a winning team had to replace their starter mid-season with the better backup
    2) No, but he's not doing anything special for your team.. Oh, and he is coached by the best HC in the league not named Belichick
    3) Destroyed? LOL, the guy threw 21 passes and ended up with 143 yards passing for zero TDs. LETHAL. You could even argue that Kaepnerick was the better QB that day and he only threw one pass.
    I said he was the starter and the 49ers did destroy Rex's D
    Stanton isn't doing anything special for Indy you think he gets the #34 pick and a pick next year?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    when did that occur?? As I recall last year, Harbaugh sent this awful hot garbage to the bench early in the season and his replacement led SF to the superbowl
    Wow. Look at his stats and a concussion put him on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I said he was the starter and the 49ers did destroy Rex's D
    Stanton isn't doing anything special for Indy you think he gets the #34 pick and a pick next year?
    Right, the 49ERS destroyed Rex's defense, not Smith. You know the 49ers offense that ran to the tune of 247 yards on 5.6 ypc, more than 100 yards that Smith passed for. Smith missed about 4 deep passes down the sidelines to Manningham/Crabtree that game. This is the infamous Kyle Wilson "get burnt then wave the Mutombo finger" game. A legitimate QB would've sliced us up for well over 143 yards that day.

I'm not here to compare Stanton/Smith. I'm here to knock some sense into you about Smith.

Right, the 49ERS destroyed Rex's defense, not Smith. You know the 49ers offense that ran to the tune of 247 yards on 5.6 ypc, more than 100 yards that Smith passed for. Smith missed about 4 deep passes down the sidelines to Manningham/Crabtree that game. This is the infamous Kyle Wilson "get burnt then wave the Mutombo finger" game. A legitimate QB would've sliced us up for well over 143 yards that day.

I'm not here to compare Stanton/Smith. I'm here to knock some sense into you about Smith.
    Ok. Thanks. But I'll pass. It's a good trade for both teams.

Ok. Thanks. But I'll pass. It's a good trade for both teams.
    So did Smith beat the Jets or 49ers beat the Jets?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Chiefs now have something the Jets don't.

A legitimate NFL QB.
    Bleh not like he is taking them anywhere far.

Not to mention that they basically gave up a 1st rounder for it.

Terrible deal anyway you look at it, even you know that.

So you want a pissing match. The same guy that doesn't want to discuss the value of a backup QB in Stanton vs the value of the "backup" Smith

Like I said, thanks but I'm good.

So you want a pissing match. The same guy that doesn't want to discuss the value of a backup QB in Stanton vs the value of the "backup" Smith

Like I said, thanks but I'm good.
    No pissing match. I'm just trying to call out your hyperbole when trying to make a point.

Of course Smith is better than Stanton. My point is that trading for Smith isn't going to max out the Chiefs any higher than Cassel did back in 2010. The best the Chiefs are looking at with Smith is a Wild Card appearance.

No pissing match. I'm just trying to call out your hyperbole when trying to make a point.

Of course Smith is better than Stanton. My point is that trading for Smith isn't going to max out the Chiefs any higher than Cassel did back in 2010. The best the Chiefs are looking at with Smith is a Wild Card appearance.
    Alrighty. And Wild Card appearances never go on to and/or win the SB.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Ease up there, muh-man. You made yer point.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Ease up there, muh-man. You made yer point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Chiefs now have something the Jets don't.

A legitimate NFL QB.
    Smith had 5 years to be a legit NFL QB. he failed.

I hope he does well but mark has accomplished WAY MORE than Alex has in half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I hope he does well but mark has accomplished WAY MORE than Alex has in half the time.
    Let's not compare the two.

Mark has also accomplished taking his career, something Alex Smith clearly hasn't done.

the chiefs traded 2 2nd rounders for chad pennington with no shoulder issues but with a concussion history. it's as if andy reid is content to have an average qb in a weak afc so he can contend immediately and if it doesn't work, oh well, at least the team didn't suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Lol That increases the chances of Geno Smith being available even more...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the chiefs traded 2 2nd rounders for chad pennington with no shoulder issues but with a concussion history. it's as if andy reid is content to have an average qb in a weak afc so he can contend immediately and if it doesn't work, oh well, at least the team didn't suck.
    That was the NY JETS mantra from 2001 to 2007.

Mediocroty at its finest.

The Steelers did it with Kordell Stewart.

It's a recipe for mediocrity.

The only thing they both have in common is Smith sucked enough on a good enough team to be benched and got a SB ring. Mark doesn't have anyone near as good enough backing him up to ever get a ring.

That was the NY JETS mantra from 2001 to 2007.

Mediocroty at its finest.

The Steelers did it with Kordell Stewart.

It's a recipe for mediocrity.
    i'm beginning to wonder if the jets will take best pass rusher at 9, and try to trade revis for SF's 31 pick and use that on a qb. the jets would be sitting there with all qbs possibly there and teams like buffalo, arizona, cleveland and maybe even jax wondering if the jets will take someone like glennon. it's not perfect, but that's what i could see happening. they'd still have picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to address other positions.

Banned

Like what?

When Smith was injured, he was completing 70% of his passes and had a QB rating over 100.

Sanchez has never completed more than 55% of his passes and hasn't had a QB rating over 80.

If I'd was a Chiefs fan, I'd be pretty annoyed too.