Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Glazer: Alex Smith to KC

maybe the jets can trade revis to the 49ers for those 2 picks at the end of round 1 and beg. of round 2!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    1. He's not a QB
    2. He's coming off an ACL
    3. He's a FA in '14 - ASmith isn't
    1. Alex Smith is an average to good QB.Revis is a HOF elite player.
    2. The injury will be irrelevant. You and I both know he's going to bust his ass to make sure he comes back in elite form. Plus, he has more motivation with Sherman chirping.
    3. Irrelevant, see 1. Plenty of teams will be willing to pony up the cash. How many HOF players get moved in their prime?

Hall Of Fame
    The Chief's second is basically a late first round pick this year.

This should tell you what Reid thinks of Geno Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

not really. it means that they don't like him enough as the first pick in the draft, don't think he'll make it to the 2nd round, and don't want to spend the next few years developing a qb they drafted high.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    maybe the jets can trade revis to the 49ers for those 2 picks at the end of round 1 and beg. of round 2!
    Jim Miller & Rich Gannon on Sirius Radio right now are speculating Revis to SF

Jets Insider VIP
    SF is loaded with draft picks..They have 12 now without compensatory picks announced yet???

A 1, 2 #2s, 2#3s...They'll be trading up all draft to get guys they want and end up with 6-7 studs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...round-no-comps
    Most fans here think draft picks are worthless after the 2nd round.

Why Oh Why would they stock draft picks? haven't they seen the JETS method of trading them away for aging vets like Pace and LT who give us about 2 good years?

Thats why the 49ers have lapped us again. From GREAT to crap back to GREAT...meanwhile the Jets are well..the JETS.

Awful deal for the Chiefs...this is why they stink each year. Who were they competing with to give up so much? Smith is an avg QB and MAY be worth a 4th. First pick in the 2d rd and change? Very happy Izdek passed on this one.....

I agree though - could see 49ers using some of those chips for Revis.

it makes sense. it would make it easier for the jets go to defense at 9, which is likely where the value is, then go offense 2 picks in a row.

if the jets did get the 49ers late first and/or kc's 2nd rounder, i have to believe they're taking a qb there. probably gino or glennon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

As do most WVU fans..... Geno is a stretch.

Jets Insider VIP
    LMAO the Chiefs are dumb.

Just unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Most fans here think draft picks are worthless after the 2nd round.

Why Oh Why would they stock draft picks? haven't they seen the JETS method of trading them away for aging vets like Pace and LT who give us about 2 good years?

Thats why the 49ers have lapped us again. From GREAT to crap back to GREAT...meanwhile the Jets are well..the JETS.
    I believe Pace and LT were lousy FA signings rather than lousy trades....but I agree that mid and even late rd picks are valuable! Glad Jets passed on this one!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Awful deal for the Chiefs...this is why they stink each year. Who were they competing with to give up so much? Smith is an avg QB and MAY be worth a 4th. First pick in the 2d rd and change? Very happy Izdek passed on this one.....

Thats a lot to give up for a QB who has had 1.5 good seasons out of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it makes sense. it would make it easier for the jets go to defense at 9, which is likely where the value is, then go offense 2 picks in a row.

if the jets did get the 49ers late first and/or kc's 2nd rounder, i have to believe they're taking a qb there. probably gino or glennon.
    LOL - trade would be Alex Smith for Revis.....even Madden Football would reject that one!

They get an experienced starting QB that is a good fit for Reid's WC offense vs a draft pick this yr and mid round next yr (per Shefter)...

Once Harbaugh came aboard Smith became more than avg..IMO..And Reid has a good history with QBs (as does Mornhinweg)

I think it's a good trade for both teams...JMO

Also it was reported by La Canfora AZ was interested in Smith but KC's proposal was better
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-27-2013 at 12:55 PM.

All Pro
    1. He's not a QB
    2. He's coming off an ACL
    3. He's a FA in '14 - ASmith isn't
    1. He's one of the two best defensive players out there.
    2. He's not a backup.
    3. He's a superstar.

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe Pace and LT were lousy FA signings rather than lousy trades....but I agree that mid and even late rd picks are valuable! Glad Jets passed on this one!
    My bad...I thought we gave up picks like we did for favre and Tebow.

You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    1. He's one of the two best defensive players out there.
    2. He's not a backup.
    3. He's a superstar.
    Neither is Smith

Russell S. Baxter ‏@BaxFootballGuru
    QB Alex Smith: Incl. playoffs, 20-6-1 in 27 starts with #49ers dating back to ‘11 (19-31 in 50 games as starter from 2005-10)

Good coaching..Hmmm...What a concept

Makes sense since they're secondary, which was great in the regular season, got torched throughout the playoffs. Kinda similar to the '09 Jets that had an awesome pass D, got torched by Manning, and sought to make changes (ultimately the trade for Cromartie).

Rodgers: 257 yds, 91.5 QB rating
    Ryan: 396 yds, 114.8 QB rating
    Flacco: 287 yds, 124.2 QB rating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    1. Alex Smith is an average to good QB. Revis is a HOF elite player.
    And who is more important to a team?

An average to good QB or an elite CB?