Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Honestly, I think he cares about getting paid more than winning a Superbowl.

JMO.
    The fat mess on afternoons on WFAN (the guy that founded sports talk radio) rewrote history yesterday when he said that "all Revis ever wanted was to remain a Jet and stay in New York". He went on to speak for all Jets fans (because he is qualified to do so) in saying that we should all be angry at the owner for not wanting to pay him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    1) You need to define contending teams. Teams that are contending for the Super Bowl vs teams who would be contending for the 6th playoff spot.
    A team that contended for the sixth playoff spot won the Super Bowl far more recently than the Patriots have.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The fat mess on afternoons on WFAN (the guy that founded sports talk radio) rewrote history yesterday when he said that "all Revis ever wanted was to remain a Jet and stay in New York". He went on to speak for all Jets fans (because he is qualified to do so) in saying that we should all be angry at the owner for not wanting to pay him.
    Setting himself up to rant and rave about the inevitable trade.

I hope he gets indicted on charges of mass genocide after causing Northern NJ to starve from the inevitable pizza shortage he is creating.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    A team that contended for the sixth playoff spot won the Super Bowl far more recently than the Patriots have.
    In the entire Super Bowl era, only two 6th seeds have ever won.

I suppose everytime you play the lottery, you are disappointed when you lose.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In the entire Super Bowl era, only two 6th seeds have ever won.

I suppose everytime you play the lottery, you are disappointed when you lose.
    People don't understand how important it is to have home games in the playoffs.

And, to be honest, only teams with good defenses can play well enough on the road to make decent runs (week in and week out).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Setting himself up to rant and rave about the inevitable trade.

I hope he gets indicted on charges of mass genocide after causing Northern NJ to starve from the inevitable pizza shortage he is creating.
    What he is doing is having his cake and eating it too.

As the Jets gradually clean house he will continue to keep the venom flowing by placing his bulls eye on the franchise. He will just continue to shift the venom from person to person until it lands where he always wanted it; on the owner. Because what it boils down to is that he hates Woody Johnson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People don't understand how important it is to have home games in the playoffs.

And, to be honest, only teams with good defenses can play well enough on the road to make decent runs (week in and week out).
    Seriously, i mean its not like baltimore won the SB playing all 3 games on the road.

Or that GB won in 2010 playing all 3 playoff games on the road

Or the giants who won the SB playing 1 home game.

You simply cannot win without homefield

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What he is doing is having his cake and eating it too.

As the Jets gradually clean house he will continue to keep the venom flowing by placing his bulls eye on the franchise. He will just continue to shift the venom from person to person until it lands where he always wanted it; on the owner. Because what it boils down to is that he hates Woody Johnson.
    He's not wrong half the time, but delivery is everything in radio.

I refuse to listen to his show, and will never turn to WFAN when in NJ/NY because of him. Sorry, don't need the aggravation. There's a way to say it:

Revis to San Fran makes the most sense for the Jets

or

Jets are stupid if they can't make the Revis to San Fran trade happen.

You want to be a professional use the former? The latter is for people like us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Seriously, i mean its not like baltimore won the SB playing all 3 games on the road.

Or that GB won in 2010 playing all 3 playoff games on the road

Or the giants who won the SB playing 1 home game.

You simply cannot win without homefield
    Two of those teams had good defense like I mentioned.

Green Bay hasn't been near the Superbowl since.

There's always an exception. It's like saying defense isn't as important as it used to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wondering why Green Bay isn't being mentioned in these talks. They have a nice pass rush but their secondary is awful and Revis could be the chip that puts them over the top.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I caught the same thing too...
    I found it odd that he didn't debate the pros and cons of the Revis issue... Just made a blanket statement that "poor, abused Revis deserves to be paid by mean, unfair Jets"...
    I've concluded that Francesa has basically decided to abandon all objectivity as far as the Jets are concerned...
    Whatever the Jets appear to be doing at the time (trading Revis?) is going to be met by him with outrage and criticism...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I caught the same thing too...
    I found it odd that he didn't debate the pros and cons of the Revis issue... Just made a blanket statement that "poor, abused Revis deserves to be paid by mean, unfair Jets"...
    I've concluded that Francesa has basically decided to abandon all objectivity as far as the Jets are concerned...
    Whatever the Jets appear to be doing at the time (trading Revis?) is going to be met by him with outrage and criticism...
    If the Jets pay Revis, MF will say how they overpaid and crippled the team financially.

Double edged sword.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I'm wondering why Green Bay isn't being mentioned in these talks. They have a nice pass rush but their secondary is awful and Revis could be the chip that puts them over the top.
    who says they're not?

btw, what talks? from unnamed sources or tweets?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    who says they're not?

btw, what talks? from unnamed sources or tweets?
    Let's go open a fake Twitter account and tweet that.

LOL.

In fact, let's tweet Philip Rivers traded to New York for Sanchez straight up. Let's see how long ESPN waits before they start reporting it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis makes all the sense in the world for San Fran.

They also have a ton of draft picks.

How surprised will you be when Revis re-signs with them for 11 million a year after he wins the Super Bowl this year?

I'd want LaMichael James, their 1st this year, and a 2nd and 3rd next year.

Then package that first this year with ours and trade down for a first next year.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 02-28-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    this was on rotoworld from a schefter tweet:

A source tells ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the 49ers are "not inclined" to pursue Darrelle Revis at this time.
    If Revis were healthy, it would seem like a no-brainer for the Niners to break off some of their 15 draft picks and hand them to the rebuilding Jets. But no one knows just how effective he will be following his ACL tear, making a long-term deal a major risk. And without that new contract, Revis would essentially be a very expensive one-year rental. Additionally, this 49ers' regime has set a precedent of not paying big money to other teams' free agents. We'll see if they change their tune once April's draft gets closer.

some of those 15 picks must be traded. they don't have 15 roster spots

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    this was on rotoworld from a schefter tweet:

A source tells ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the 49ers are "not inclined" to pursue Darrelle Revis at this time.
    If Revis were healthy, it would seem like a no-brainer for the Niners to break off some of their 15 draft picks and hand them to the rebuilding Jets. But no one knows just how effective he will be following his ACL tear, making a long-term deal a major risk. And without that new contract, Revis would essentially be a very expensive one-year rental. Additionally, this 49ers' regime has set a precedent of not paying big money to other teams' free agents. We'll see if they change their tune once April's draft gets closer.

some of those 15 picks must be traded. they don't have 15 roster spots
    why dont the 49ers trade up for Dee Millner?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should stick to the weather predictions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That would be a great situation for the Jets if 4 or 5 teams are interested in trading for Revis.
    Once he is on the field, I think there will be ten teams interested. He only makes 3 mill in salary and has 2mill more in a reporting bonus, what day that is I don't know. The pats gave a 4th for Talib just for a 1/2 season, some team will give a late 2nd to rent him for the year. as they may get a 3rd rd comp pick in 2014. Anything more than that will be conditional based on if he re-signs.
    Last edited by patman; 02-28-2013 at 12:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    why dont the 49ers trade up for Dee Millner?
    They'd have to give up ALOT of picks to move up into the Top 5 because that's likely where he's going. Dude ran a 4.3, was massively productive in college, he's the real deal.