Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I caught the same thing too...
    I found it odd that he didn't debate the pros and cons of the Revis issue... Just made a blanket statement that "poor, abused Revis deserves to be paid by mean, unfair Jets"...
    I've concluded that Francesa has basically decided to abandon all objectivity as far as the Jets are concerned...
    Whatever the Jets appear to be doing at the time (trading Revis?) is going to be met by him with outrage and criticism...
    Fatcesa is not stupid; he knew that one of the most popular aspects of the old Mike & The Mad Dog format was the heated debates between the two hosts. I believe he has become more confrontational to the callers to attempt to fill that void (also because he is an arrogant windbag and its natural to him). Now he has found his perfect dance partner for filling that void (in his mind) and that is the New York Jets and their fans. Unfortunately, without a partner that is equal in billing, there is no one to keep his massive ego in check. He can just cut off the callers when they challenge him. When Russo was there he was forced to have to listen to his point of view.

Jets fans are faced with the reality that nothing will change until he retires unless the team hires one of his buddies as head coach or GM, or there is a change in ownership to someone that will kiss his ring.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-28-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

revis to frisco?

it would make sense to me.if the jets can get four picks out of this deal.they can improve their o.l.l.b.ad t.e. problems in a hurry.it is a no brainer that the jets are looking foward to rebuilding this year. I myself and other jet fans are looking foward the the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Revis makes all the sense in the world for San Fran.

They also have a ton of draft picks.

How surprised will you be when Revis re-signs with them for 11 million a year after he wins the Super Bowl this year?

I'd want LaMichael James, their 1st this year, and a 2nd and 3rd next year.

Then package that first this year with ours and trade down for a first next year.
    All the sense in the world? Do you understand that they have 3 starters on defense incluidng both DT and their pro bowl Free safety. They also have Delanie Walker as a FA. They have about 7 mill in cap room to get that all done. If they Give Revis 13-15 mill in 2014, What about Justin Smith and Whitnner who are FA, What are they going to do with Aldon Smith and Kapernick- both of who will be going into thier walk years.

They need all those picks so that they can keep those players and the 4 lbs all of whom get paid big money. All these picks are going to play for 1 mill a year for 4 years, there going to be able to keep this team together for a long time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    All the sense in the world? Do you understand that they have 3 starters on defense incluidng both DT and their pro bowl Free safety. They also have Delanie Walker as a FA. They have about 7 mill in cap room to get that all done. If they Give Revis 13-15 mill in 2014, What about Justin Smith and Whitnner who are FA, What are they going to do with Aldon Smith and Kapernick- both of who will be going into thier walk years.

They need all those picks so that they can keep those players and the 4 lbs all of whom get paid big money. All these picks are going to play for 1 mill a year for 4 years, there going to be able to keep this team together for a long time.
    I know what we should do. Send them Revis for Patrick Willis and KC's 34. We cut David Harris, who makes 2x what Willis does.

BOOM

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

just like jet management........

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Why aim so low. They just got two 2nd rd picks (likely both high picks) for a scrub QB.

We are trading a HOF quality player. I wouldnt take anything less than there 1st + 3rd this year and a conditional pick (2nd or 3rd) next year
    pay high picks for some one else's garbage and give ours away for nothing. now you know where this comes from ..............

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. What is Revis' rehab status? I have read nothing. Is this being concealed? He needs to show what he has to trade. Only a stupid GM would trade for damaged goods. He gets a $1mill bonus tomorrow BTW.
    2. Revis is a fine player (cut the HOF nonsense - he need 4 more years of good play). But Revis is a jerk. Constant whining aboutt renegotiating.
    3. Revis salary demand is absurd ($15 mill is stupid). He want to up that after a year as well.
    4. Jets lucky to get a SF #1 and #3 (#2 not impossible). They are rid of him, his salary and can begin a rebuild.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    1. What is Revis' rehab status? I have read nothing. Is this being concealed? He needs to show what he has to trade. Only a stupid GM would trade for damaged goods. He gets a $1mill bonus tomorrow BTW.
    2. Revis is a fine player (cut the HOF nonsense - he need 4 more years of good play). But Revis is a jerk. Constant whining aboutt renegotiating.
    3. Revis salary demand is absurd ($15 mill is stupid). He want to up that after a year as well.
    4. Jets lucky to get a SF #1 and #3 (#2 not impossible). They are rid of him, his salary and can begin a rebuild.
    +1

Good post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    I'll hang up and listen. RT @AdamSchefter: NY sports-talk radio host said he'd trade Revis for SFs top 2 picks + Aldon Smith Why stop there?

Joey "Bro" B?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

2. Revis is a fine player (cut the HOF nonsense - he need 4 more years of good play).
    Exactly, I laugh at the posters who refer to Revis as sure-fire 1st ballot HOFer after just 5 years in the NFL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, I laugh at the posters who refer to Revis as sure-fire 1st ballot HOFer after just 5 years in the NFL.
    Feels like 15 years from the way certain people post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I laugh at Patriots fans that have such a complex insecurity system built into their psychological makeup that they not only avoid Patriots forums that will allow them to understand the ugly realities of their team, but spend almost all of their online time trying to belittle a rival football team that hasn't been able to realistically compete with theirs for over a decade.

It's like watching a grown man play Madden on easy every single day. Sort of a guarantee of success, to avoid the reality that there is something out there that is too difficult to deal with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? He is "fine" player. If he is "fine," then a player like Cromartie wouldn't make my Flag Football team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    I laugh at Patriots fans that have such a complex insecurity system built into their psychological makeup that they not only avoid Patriots forums that will allow them to understand the ugly realities of their team, but spend almost all of their online time trying to belittle a rival football team that hasn't been able to realistically compete with theirs for over a decade.

It's like watching a grown man play Madden on easy every single day. Sort of a guarantee of success, to avoid the reality that there is something out there that is too difficult to deal with.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

What are you laughing at? Guys like you are the reason he keeps coming back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Really? He is "fine" player. If he is "fine," then a player like Cromartie wouldn't make my Flag Football team.
    Any Safeties that can cover the TE on you FF team? -

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

For the enlightenment of this entire board, please elaborate as to what this "something" is?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you laughing at? Guys like you are the reason he keeps coming back.
    This guy is funny as hell.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    For the enlightenment of this entire board, please elaborate as to what this "something" is?
    I'm pretty sure I elaborated on it in the previous paragraph.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats the deal with everyone looking for second round picks. revis is worth at least 2 first round picks. when a top 10 player in the nfl gets traded for picks( which happens very rarely) you see teams give up something like two 1st rounders and a second. if the jets gave up revis for only 2 first round picks then that would be worse than seeing suckchez try to run up brandon moores ass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    whats the deal with everyone looking for second round picks. revis is worth at least 2 first round picks. when a top 10 player in the nfl gets traded for picks( which happens very rarely) you see teams give up something like two 1st rounders and a second. if the jets gave up revis for only 2 first round picks then that would be worse than seeing suckchez try to run up brandon moores ass.
    Injury. 1 year left. Endless holdout possibilities.

I'd buyer beware too.