Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Bledsoe Hit...

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,544

    The Bledsoe Hit...

    We all remember Mo Lewis' hit on Drew Bledsoe that knocked him out and forever changed the NFL. My question is if that happened today would the ref's throw a flag?

  2. #2
    I would say no. Bledsoe never gave any indication that he was going into a slide and it wasn't a late hit. One of the few times that a defensive player would have a free shot at a QB.

  3. #3
    The problem with the NFL right now is that it's becoming bigger than the safety of the players. Not sure the hit would be flagged but I just can't believe that the NFL cannot develop better gear to protect players. Players also need to be tested for HGH which the players union has frowned upon. Too many players are getting too big too fast which is limiting the playing career time of lots o players

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would say no. Bledsoe never gave any indication that he was going into a slide and it wasn't a late hit. One of the few times that a defensive player would have a free shot at a QB.
    Exactly.

    It was a hard but legal hit.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Exactly.

    It was a hard but legal hit.
    It was a legal hit, but, in today's NFL, chances are it would be flagged, unless the quarterback was Michael Vick or RGIII...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    It was a legal hit, but, in today's NFL, chances are it would be flagged, unless the quarterback was Michael Vick or RGIII...
    are you implying that the refs are racist???

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    It was a legal hit, but, in today's NFL, chances are it would be flagged, unless the quarterback was Michael Vick or RGIII...
    No, Bledsoe was running parallel to the sideline when he was hit. lately if a qb is running perpendicular to the sideline and he get hit on the line they may throw a foul even if it was legal.

  8. #8
    It's a moot point....Mo Lewis was a LB who could move. If it happened today, Bledsoe would get 15 more yards and then get out of bounds without anybody even knowing what happened.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    We all remember Mo Lewis' hit on Drew Bledsoe that knocked him out and forever changed the NFL. My question is if that happened today would the ref's throw a flag?
    Today, they will eject you for thinking about hitting a QB - even if you miss.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    It was a legal hit, but, in today's NFL, chances are it would be flagged, unless the quarterback was Michael Vick or RGIII...
    That's retarded.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us