Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis to San Fran?

There have been rumors of Revis to San Fran and with the trade of Alex Smith (though not official) to KC for KC's 2n 33rd overall Revis to San Fran makes so much sense to me now.

I'd go for their 1st and 3rd and call it a day or maybe both of their 2nds. We'd clear his 6 million this year, and 10-15 the following years and if we draft right we'd get two starters for him. Maybe a qb and another long term starter. I'd do this deal in a second. What does everyone else think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jim Miller & Rich Gannon on Sirius Radio right now are speculating Revis to SF

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can only speculate as to Revis' value. I have a grim feeling we'd only fetch the 34th pick in the draft from San Fran and maybe a 3rd or 4th if we're lucky.

I'd sign on for both their seconds over their first and third with that being said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    SF now owns picks at No. 31, 34, and 61 in a draft with lots of depth but not a lot of surefire stars.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How in the hell does Revis2SF make "SO MUCH SENSE NOW, BRAH" now that Smiff got traded?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Immediately, if not sooner. Ciao Revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could probably get a lot out of the 49ers for Revis (assuming they really want him) because they are the one team that doesn't need the picks. They are already stacked with young guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    We can only speculate as to Revis' value. I have a grim feeling we'd only fetch the 34th pick in the draft from San Fran and maybe a 3rd or 4th if we're lucky.

I'd sign on for both their seconds over their first and third with that being said.
    Why aim so low. They just got two 2nd rd picks (likely both high picks) for a scrub QB.

We are trading a HOF quality player. I wouldnt take anything less than there 1st + 3rd this year and a conditional pick (2nd or 3rd) next year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    How in the hell does Revis2SF make "SO MUCH SENSE NOW, BRAH" now that Smiff got traded?
    How does it not? SF has more ammo to do a trade with us than before.

They have the 31st, 34th, 61st, 74th, and 93rd picks.

Sign me up for 34 and 61 or 31 and 74.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having picks doesn't mean it makes sense, lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does it not? SF has more ammo to do a trade with us than before.

They have the 31st, 34th, 61st, 74th, and 93rd picks.

Sign me up for 34 and 61 or 31 and 74.
    that would really make the draft interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    how could it not?

more picks to trade, freed up some cap room.

try to keep up, breh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Why aim so low. They just got two 2nd rd picks (likely both high picks) for a scrub QB.

We are trading a HOF quality player. I wouldnt take anything less than there 1st + 3rd this year and a conditional pick (2nd or 3rd) next year
    I hope you're right, but clearly KC saw Smith as a franchise QB, and a franchise QB will always fetch more than a HOF CB coming off an ACL tear.

As mentioned previously, I'd love either the 2 2nd rd picks or the 1st and a third, but figure we might end up settingling for a 2nd and 3rd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are a team built to win now and would prefer a STUD CB versus young prospects they would get in the draft. Why would you need someone to explain this to you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a great trade for us...

four picks in the top 40 - amazing if we could pull that off...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That would be a great trade for us...

four picks in the top 40 - amazing if we could pull that off...
    Agreed, it would mean 3 starters and a groomable QB.

OG, DE/OLB, secondary, QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    SF has the ammo, but will they want to pay Revis? Their safety Goldson is also a FA and he will want a big deal too or they can franchise him a 2nd yr in a row for a big cap hit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rancisco-49ers

A month ago, ESPN's John Clayton reported that the 49ers have $3.9 million of cap space entering the 2013 season.

That's not a lot of wiggle room.

With decisions on impending free agents, such as Dashon Goldson and Delanie Walker, looming large, general manager Trent Baalke might have to get creative—as in restructuring deals and cutting players.
    Dunno how much money the Smith trade helps the cap, but I doubt the 9ers are looking to "help" their cap by trading away good picks for a player who's got 1 year left on his contract and is going to want mad money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want to buy into the 2014 draft if you are interested in obtaining a franchise QB. And as Sal Palintonio said on ESPN the only way you can justify a Revis trade is if it nets you a potential franchise QB. Trading Revis for San Fransico's first round pick in this years draft-so they can use it to obtain a nice OG- is not good enough.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-27-2013 at 01:03 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rancisco-49ers

Dunno how much money the Smith trade helps the cap, but I doubt the 9ers are looking to "help" their cap by trading away good picks for a player who's got 1 year left on his contract and is going to want mad money.
    I think we've learned over the past few years (and past two weeks) that timely restructures and creative accounting can fix situations like this. SF's window is open, I'd expect them to take some risks to get out on top. Look no further than us in 2009.