Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And Revis can veto trades to both those teams if they do not pay him the money he is looking for.

It's not about the picks the Jets would get for Revis, but about the other teams ability to sign him to a longterm contract.
    You can easily structure the trade based on a '13 pick and a '14 conditional pick based on new contract and '13 playing time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    They are a team built to win now and would prefer a STUD CB versus young prospects they would get in the draft. Why would you need someone to explain this to you?
    Eventually the 49ers are going to have to pay that young talent. You don't bring in a guy that wants Mario williams money. (going to effect how mjany of those players you eventually can keep) They probably are going to continue what they are doing. Buiding it the right way-through the draft.

The 49ers have all the time in the World and aren't trading picks while absorbing a big contract . When they can just wait til 2014 and get him for cash.(no picks)

Btw Revischrist have you gave any thought to your possible new name RevisJudas.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Revis can veto trades to both those teams if they do not pay him the money he is looking for.

It's not about the picks the Jets would get for Revis, but about the other teams ability to sign him to a longterm contract.
    Again, you're ignoring him locking up a deal today vs playing off an ACL for a new contract tomorrow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Seahawks have a very good pair of CB's now (that don't cost a fortune) - why on earth would they want to trade for Revis??
    To keep him away from the Niners!
    I don't care WHAT you people say, Browner can't carry Revis JOCK!

The Seahawks DBs couldn't stop Jones & White

You put Revis on the 49ers & I am telling you that the Seahawks have NO CHANCE of winning that division!
    The only way Seahawks get to a Superbowl is with the 12th man AT HOME.
    Please people STOP IT! PLEASE stop saying that the Hawks have 2 GREAT corners, they don't! REVIS IS GREAT!
    Do you people that spew this dribble realize that Revis has stymied EVERY GREAT RECEIVER IN THIS LEAGUE!
    STOP!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

REVIS IS GREAT!

Do you people that spew this dribble realize that Revis has stymied EVERY GREAT RECEIVER IN THIS LEAGUE!
    STOP!
    No CB out there, no matter how good, is worth being paid the highest defensive player in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Eventually the 49ers are going to have to pay that young talent. You don't bring in a guy that wants Mario williams money. (going to effect how mjany of those players you eventually can keep) They probably are going to continue what they are doing. Buiding it the right way-through the draft.

The 49ers have all the time in the World and aren't trading picks while absorbing a big contract . When they can just wait til 2014 and get him for cash.(no picks)

Again, Harbaugh does not come off as the type to sit back and wait. He seems like the type that wants to win NOW, especially after seeing his brother just win.

And I am Jets fan, first and foremost. Would love to see Revis retire as a Jet, but I rather see my team win a championship. Would probably have to petition one of the mods for a name change if Revis gets traded. I wonder if "buttfumble" is taken.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Again, Harbaugh does not come off as the type to sit back and wait. He seems like the type that wants to win NOW, especially after seeing his brother just win.

And I am Jets fan, first and foremost. Would love to see Revis retire as a Jet, but I rather see my team win a championship. Would probably have to petition one of the mods for a name change if Revis gets traded. I wonder if "buttfumble" is taken.
    JMO I think Harbaugh rather draft 3-4 cb's than rely on one player he paying a ton of money. Now just say for argument sake the 49ers give up all those picks and pay Revis mario williams money. Than D Revis substains another injury and where are the 49ers . Up the creek without a paddle.

Every franchise would love to be in the 49ers position right now. They have chance to be in the superbowl again in 2013, and have a bevy of draft picks to substain their run. (can build a lot of quality depth) I wouldn't be surprised if 49ers trade some draft picks this year for next year picks.

Again you could be proven right and we just have to see what happens in this situation. JMo I still say the Jets are getting one pick for D Revis(the amount teams are going to pay him knocks down the compensation)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No CB out there, no matter how good, is worth being paid the highest defensive player in the league.
    Thank God he wasn't named DPOY a few seasons ago. That would have created Revis on Steroids+ holdout.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JMO I think Harbaugh rather draft 3-4 cb's than rely on one player he paying a ton of money. Now just say for argument sake the 49ers give up all those picks and pay Revis mario williams money. Than D Revis substains another injury and where are the 49ers . Up the creek without a paddle.

Every franchise would love to be in the 49ers position right now. They have chance to be in the superbowl again in 2013, and have a bevy of draft picks to substain their run. (can build a lot of quality depth) I wouldn't be surprised if 49ers trade some draft picks this year for next year picks.

Again you could be proven right and we just have to see what happens in this situation. JMo I still say the Jets are getting one pick for D Revis(the amount teams are going to pay him knocks down the compensation)
    You cant just draft 3-4 CBs.

The problem is SF has 15 picks...lets forget the bottom 5 as they prob wont make the team, that leaves them needing to free up 10 roster spots (yes they have the PS)....that is not easy to do on that team, so they most likely need to move a few of thosep picks either for future ones or for a player or higher draft pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking to CSN Philly, a team source "didnít rule out" the Eagles making a run at Jets CB Darrelle Revis.

The Eagles have cap space to burn and a likely need at cornerback with both Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie doubtful to be back in 2013. Revis-to-Philly makes sense on paper, but new coach Chip Kelly could be reluctant to sign off on trading draft picks as he hunts for players who fit his unique system. Revis is also likely interested in heading to a team that will compete in 2013, and there's no guarantee the Eagles will.
    Related: Eagles

Source: CSN Philly Feb 27 - 4:47 PM
    Honestly, I hate "sources". This is probably all BS.

BTW, Revis cares not about a team that's competing. He wants a team that complies with his request.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pity the team that is foolish enough to give $15 million/year to a cornerback. $12 million would be the absolute ceiling for Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Not correct, you never have 'all the time in the world' Ask the Dan Marinos of the world about that. They have something like 15 picks in the up coming draft and just went to the superbowl. I'm not saying that Revis is the answer for them but getting someone to put them over the top is not the worst thing in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Not correct, you never have 'all the time in the world' Ask the Dan Marinos of the world about that. They have something like 15 picks in the up coming draft and just went to the superbowl. I'm not saying that Revis is the answer for them but getting someone to put them over the top is not the worst thing in the world.
    49ers 2 players away from a Lombardi Trophy.

Revis is one of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    By having all these draft picks making 1 mill is how they are going to keep kapernick and Aldon smith when the enter thier FA contract year in after this season, All those pick are going to allow them to compete for a longer period of time. As it is righ now they are going to have trouble holding on the their 2 top DTs and Goldson after he made the probowl again. At this time after the trade to KC they have about 5 mill in cap room, they will probably need to cut others just to sign Goldson, never mind trade for Revis.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Revis is one of them.
    agree great observation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    By having all these draft picks making 1 mill is how they are going to keep kapernick and Aldon smith when the enter thier FA contract year in after this season, All those pick are going to allow them to compete for a longer period of time. As it is righ now they are going to have trouble holding on the their 2 top DTs and Goldson after he made the probowl again. At this time after the trade to KC they have about 5 mill in cap room, they will probably need to cut others just to sign Goldson, never mind trade for Revis.
    Great point. Hope for those wishing for a Revis trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Revis is one of them.
    Does the other one cost 15 mill too?
    Last edited by patman; 02-27-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Dose the other one cost 15 mill too?
    Ha. Neither of them are going to get 15 million/year.

Only way Revis gets 15m/year is if he plays for the Jets this year and blows it out of the water right before he hits free agency.

Then he has a chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You cant just draft 3-4 CBs.

The problem is SF has 15 picks...lets forget the bottom 5 as they prob wont make the team, that leaves them needing to free up 10 roster spots (yes they have the PS)....that is not easy to do on that team, so they most likely need to move a few of thosep picks either for future ones or for a player or higher draft pick.
    I agree there and I see them trading picks this year for future picks. Still there isn't anything wrong with bringing in as much competition as possible. (even if you saturate a position of need) You can always trade away the excess.

Heck I can play let get in on this 49ers having so many extra picks. I have a kicker Sebastian Jankowski who can decide more outcomes than D Revis for the 49ers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree there and I see them trading picks this year for future picks. Still there isn't anything wrong with bringing in as much competition as possible. (even if you saturate a position of need) You can always trade away the excess.

Heck I can play let get in on this 49ers having so many extra picks. I have a kicker Sebastian Jankowski who can decide more outcomes than D Revis for the 49ers.
    If the 49ers traded for Janikowski and not Revis, the city of San Francisco would erupt.

They're bitter right now. Janks alone won't cut it.