Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Now I am hearing that the Eagles are interested in Revis as well. If that is the case I would trade Revis and our 1st round pick to the Eagles for their 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick and an escalator pick in 2014 of a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on playing time etc. Not sure if it is reasonable. I think it might be and would be better than the 2 twos or the 1 and 3. Thoughts?
    There is no way the Eagles trade those draft picks.

Kelly will use those picks to build his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    There is no way the Eagles trade those draft picks.

Kelly will use those picks to build his offense.
    Too many people play madden football.

"Trade Revis for all the picks. Just do it."

The other side has to agree too. People forget/don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Who do you have in mind? If we dont do a deal SOON..he can walk.
    Trade him in June, when his value will be greater because he will be healthier, for draft picks in the 2014 draft.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Now I am hearing that the Eagles are interested in Revis as well. If that is the case I would trade Revis and our 1st round pick to the Eagles for their 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick and an escalator pick in 2014 of a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on playing time etc. Not sure if it is reasonable. I think it might be and would be better than the 2 twos or the 1 and 3. Thoughts?
    Where are you hearing this from? Mere radio conjecture or an actual report?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Trade him in June, when his value will be greater because he will be healthier, for draft picks in the 2014 draft.

OK but when you demanded a QB I couldn't figure it out.

So trade him for picks? I am with that.

Unfortunately..Revis will join other JETS that win a SB AFTER they leave the JETS.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Where are you hearing this from? Mere radio conjecture or an actual report?
    This has been rumored for days, but it's an unnamed "source".

Unfortunately..Revis will join other JETS that win a SB AFTER they leave the JETS.
    Honestly, I think he cares about getting paid more than winning a Superbowl.

JMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Too many people play madden football.

"Trade Revis for all the picks. Just do it."

The other side has to agree too. People forget/don't understand that.
    Exactly.

The Eagles are not a "win now" team. They have to build Kelly's offense through the draft.

There is absolutley no reason whatsoever for a team (any team for that matter) that has to rebuild to give up draft picks for the highest paid CB in the NFL.

If Revis is traded, it will be to a contending team (49ers, Broncos, etc.) who feel they are a CB away from winning the Super Bowl.

The reality for Jets fans, there are probably only 4 or 5 teams that meet that criteria, greatly reducing the Jets trade options.

Hall Of Fame
    Exactly.

The Eagles are not a "win now" team. They have to build Kelly's offense through the draft.

There is absolutley no reason whatsoever for a team (any team for that matter) that has to rebuild to give up draft picks for the highest paid CB in the NFL.

If Revis is traded, it will be to a contending team (49ers, Broncos, etc.) who feel they are a CB away from winning the Super Bowl.

The reality for Jets fans, there are probably only 4 or 5 teams that meet that criteria, greatly reducing the Jets trade options.
    That would be a great situation for the Jets if 4 or 5 teams are interested in trading for Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Exactly.

After the Eagles experience with Asomugha I think they are done with high priced CB's..

Exactly.

There is also absolutely no reason that a team needing to rebuild would give up valuable draft picks for a game manager at QB who only won with a great team around him.....

Until it actually happens - which it did yesterday.

There are always reduced options for teams...they dont want to deal in their division, etc.

The bottom line is we dont know what the market is yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That would be a great situation for the Jets if 4 or 5 teams are interested in trading for Revis.
    I do agree with that.

If the Jets can create a bidding war for Revis with a couple contending teams, the greater the haul for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    After the Eagles experience with Asomugha I think they are done with high priced CB's..
    Who will be cut, BTW.

Just saying.

Hall Of Fame
    I do agree with that.

If the Jets can create a bidding war for Revis with a couple contending teams, the greater the haul for the Jets.
    So then why are you making it out to be such a negative that only 4-5 teams would be interested in trading for Revis?

My theory goes like this;

there is the potential for three franchise players to be available in the 2014 draft, two of which could be QBs. Having multiple first round picks, one of which will definitely be very high (sadly, ours) plus an extra second or third will put us in play to obtain one of those franchise players.

As for Revis being successful after leaving the team, I could care less. If his trade nets the team a franchise QB then he will be watching the Jets compete for a title years after he retires.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So then why are you making it out to be such a negative that only 4-5 teams would be interested in trading for Revis?
    1) You need to define contending teams. Teams that are contending for the Super Bowl vs teams who would be contending for the 6th playoff spot.

2) There are also contending teams out there (Seahawks for example) that would have no need/interest for Revis.

1) You need to define contending teams. Teams that are contending for the Super Bowl vs teams who would be contending for the 6th playoff spot.

2) There are also contending teams out there (Seahawks for example) that would have no need/interest for Revis.
    Trade Revis to Seattle, and have him sit on the bench.

Honestly, I think he cares about getting paid more than winning a Superbowl.

JMO.
    i AGREE.............

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who will be cut, BTW.

Just saying.
    He'll be 32 in July and washed up.. He was never the CB that Revis is but Al Davis sure screwed the market for CB's before he croaked..

Hall Of Fame

???? I never mentioned anything about contending teams, where are you getting that from? You said that the Jets would have only 4-5 teams interested in trading for Revis, thus greatly reducing their options. I said that having 4-5 teams interested in trading for Revis would be a great thing.