Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Revis for the 31st(1) 34th(2) and 93rd(3) pick. Sign me up.
    Seriously. +No brainer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    if not, they can keep the 3rd round pick and take Sanchez with Revis.
    Keeps getting better and better.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    SI's Jim Trotter "(doesn't) see" the 49ers making a run at Jets CB Darrelle Revis.

It's just an opinion, but Trotter follows the 49ers closely. According to Trotter, the 49ers don't believe in renting "big money" players, and are unlikely to give Revis "huge money" on a long-term deal. If that's the case, Revis will likely steer his services elsewhere unless the 49ers are willing to pay the Jets full price for a one-year rental.

Related: 49ers
    Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter
    Some air out of the balloon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    We can only speculate as to Revis' value. I have a grim feeling we'd only fetch the 34th pick in the draft from San Fran and maybe a 3rd or 4th if we're lucky.

I'd sign on for both their seconds over their first and third with that being said.
    Or start high demand their first and both second round picks and settle for the two #2 round picks. Jets could reload big time then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    keyshawn johnson has never been replaced and neither will darrelle revis.
    We got 2x 1st round picks for Keyshawn one of which was Abraham who actually was a better player for this franchise and would have been even better if Tangina didn't panic to get rid of him in '06. Problem is Key was healthy and coming off of a great yr in 2000. Revis as a torn ACL so we probably won't get more than a 1st and mid-round pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Any chance we can throw Sanchez in the deal? They need a backup and he is from the West Coast.

I know the salary is an issue but if they want Revis bad enough . . .
    No NFL GM wants Sanchez or Tebow. Our best bet is to cut Tebow and try to build up the offense so Sanchez can go back to being a decent game manager which he was for us from 2009-2011.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I am all for them getting top value in return for Revis. But if they did agree to a deal, one that is especially good for the Jets, I would be happy with that too.
    We might get lucky and get a 1st plus one of Frisco's 2nd rd picks. 49ers are swinging for the fences next yr it's Super Bowl or bust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    report 49ers in pursuit of revis.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---s...211130553.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Now that they raped Kansas City with this Alex Smith trade the 49ers are the one team in the NFL that actually might offer us a fair deal for Revis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We might get lucky and get a 1st plus one of Frisco's 2nd rd picks. 49ers are swinging for the fences next yr it's Super Bowl or bust.
    Was interesting to read 9ers would even consider trading for revis just for season.. If that's case they aren't going to pony up for 1 year rental.. Maybe can shoot for 1 of their 2nd rd picks ( I'd hope kc's pick) plus conditional pick in next years draft.. If they don't sign him, 2nd or 3rd.. If they do sign him their 1st next year.. I agree with fact some have already pointed out, would be smarter to go after next years draft picks so we can trade up for top qb

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sick of all the speculation, what's next CFL and ARENA teams interested. Jets should just come out and say REVIS IS NOT BEING TRADED.

Let's have some stability with one of the best players ever to wear the green&white.

All these writers are clueless with these bogus reports.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I'm sick of all the speculation, what's next CFL and ARENA teams interested. Jets should just come out and say REVIS IS NOT BEING TRADED.

Let's have some stability with one of the best players ever to wear the green&white.

All these writers are clueless with these bogus reports.
    They won't do that. Why? Because they ARE trying to trade him. The sooner that some of you accept this, the easier the blow will be for you. They don't want to pay him 16mil/year, he doesn't want anything less from them, he's gone. This literally cannot be clearer.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 02-28-2013 at 06:13 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    They won't do that. Why? Because they ARE trying to trade him. The sooner that some of you accept this, the easier the blow will be for you. They don't want to pay him 16mil/year, he doesn't want anything less from them, he's gone. This literally cannot be clearer.
    Correct. On all accounts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis for the 31st(1) 34th(2) and 93rd(3) pick. Sign me up.
    No thank you. The only justification for trading Revis is to get a franchise QB in return; there are none in this draft (that is why Reid made the trade for Alex Smith). As I stated previously, trading Revis for what amounts to a nice guard or DT is not good enough. Save the first round pick this season (which basically amounts to a second round pick anyway). Trade Revis in June when he is back up and running; there will be more teams willing to trade more at that point. And trade him for a package that includes a first in the 2014 draft.

Revis for a potential franchise QB, no less.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-28-2013 at 07:16 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got 2x 1st round picks for Keyshawn one of which was Abraham who actually was a better player for this franchise and would have been even better if Tangina didn't panic to get rid of him in '06. Problem is Key was healthy and coming off of a great yr in 2000. Revis as a torn ACL so we probably won't get more than a 1st and mid-round pick.
    Revis has nothing to do with the injury. It has to do with the contract Tanny gave him that says he can't be franchised. Still a lot of people want us to keep Revis which is basically a one year rental for us too. If we could get a 1 and a 3 for him and we turn it down it's basically the same as us renting him for a 1 and a 3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No NFL GM wants Sanchez or Tebow. Our best bet is to cut Tebow and try to build up the offense so Sanchez can go back to being a decent game manager which he was for us from 2009-2011.
    Sanchez is not a game manager. Could never be one, and they should not have tried to make him one. He was a boom or bust streaky QB. He play like crap then all of the sudden play great for a while. Sometimes for a quarter. Sometimes for most of a game. That's what made him so antagonizing. That may have averaged out to mediocre, but there was no game managing going on. They should have let him play through the mistakes, but they tried as you said to make him play it safe. In fact them trying to take the bust out of him has also taken the boom with it, so now he's become a complete indecisive mess out there. There's no turning back now. He had his melt down, and you can't undo it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets should just come out and say REVIS IS NOT BEING TRADED.
    Even if they do - who would believe it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    No thank you. The only justification for trading Revis is to get a franchise QB in return; there are none in this draft (that is why Reid made the trade for Alex Smith). As I stated previously, trading Revis for what amounts to a nice guard or DT is not good enough. Save the first round pick this season (which basically amounts to a second round pick anyway). Trade Revis in June when he is back up and running; there will be more teams willing to trade more at that point. And trade him for a package that includes a first in the 2014 draft.

Revis for a potential franchise QB, no less.

Who do you have in mind? If we dont do a deal SOON..he can walk.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would the Jets do this?

Revis is the Jets best bargaining chip to improve the team. Why would they not keep those options open?

Or would you rather keep the highest paid CB in the league, be happy that he is a Jet for life, and continue to plod along with 6-10 seasons?

It's a no brainer what the Jets need to do with Revis.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I am hearing that the Eagles are interested in Revis as well. If that is the case I would trade Revis and our 1st round pick to the Eagles for their 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick and an escalator pick in 2014 of a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on playing time etc. Not sure if it is reasonable. I think it might be and would be better than the 2 twos or the 1 and 3. Thoughts?