Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets face Revis, like art, is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. That being said, i think you need to get a number one next year as a minimum and additional picks if possible this year. By all accounts next years draft should be loaded especially at the top and the Jets need to get as many high picks as possible in order to enhance chances of getting one of the top guys ie. Quarterback, the end from S. Carolina or the wideout from USC. Lets face it this years talent does not appear to be as good as nexts on paper at least. Its great news to hear Eagles now interested---the more the better to get that price up I say.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If the 49ers traded for Janikowski and not Revis, the city of San Francisco would erupt.

They're bitter right now. Janks alone won't cut it.
    John_0515 more like Metro New York fans would erupt more as they try and figure a way to get the most back for a once in a lifetime player in Revis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    John_0515 more like Metro New York fans would erupt more as they try and figure a way to get the most back for a once in a lifetime player in Revis.
    I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of people on this website who are in favor of trading Revis. Jets are no where near contending for a playoff spot, let alone a Superbowl. Jets fans actually get that, for the most part.

How old is Janks, anyway?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    No CB out there, no matter how good, is worth being paid the highest defensive player in the league.
    Just because that's true doesn't mean it can't happen. I've yet to hear any analyst say that, and their are obviously a lot of people that feel differently. It only takes one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather have a 3rd this year and the 1st NEXT YEAR. Two reasons - 1) Probably a better, more top-heavy draft next year and 2) The SF #1 next year likely won't be as late, maybe it's in the 20's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of people on this website who are in favor of trading Revis. Jets are no where near contending for a playoff spot, let alone a Superbowl. Jets fans actually get that, for the most part.

I am all for them getting top value in return for Revis. But if they did agree to a deal, one that is especially good for the Jets, I would be happy with that too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    keyshawn johnson has never been replaced and neither will darrelle revis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The time to do it was LAST offseason. I started a thread advocating trading him during last offseason and got 90% negative "OMG U IDJIOT LOLz" responses.

You're giving jets fans way too much credit.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    The time to do it was LAST offseason. I started a thread advocating trading him during last offseason and got 90% negative "OMG U IDJIOT LOLz" responses.

You're giving jets fans way too much credit.
    It's still better than I expected.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance we can throw Sanchez in the deal? They need a backup and he is from the West Coast.

I know the salary is an issue but if they want Revis bad enough . . .

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Report: Niners among a "handful of teams" that have discussed pursuing Revis

By Dan Hanzus
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Feb. 27, 2013 at 06:25 p.m. Updated: Feb. 27, 2013 at 06:32 p.m.
    The San Francisco 49ers have a need at cornerback and mountain of draft picks.

For those two reasons, it's perfectly logical they would make some sort of play for New York Jets star Darrelle Revis. That might just be the case.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, the Niners are among a "handful of teams" that have discussed pursuing Revis, according to two sources. Cole adds that the Niners will make a play even if Revis -- a free-agent-to-be in 2014 -- becomes a one-year rental.

Adding a healthy Revis to the San Francisco's defense is enough to make Pete Carroll and the rest of the coaches in the NFC queasy. It would also be a boon to the burgeoning Revis-Richard Sherman rivalry.

The 49ers are well-stocked to make the Jets a competitive offer. They already have 11 selections in April's draft and are expected to get the 34th overall pick when they complete their trade with the Kansas City Chiefs for Alex Smith. Three more compensatory picks will follow.

The Niners' biggest issue to making a Revis a longterm solution in their secondary is salary-cap space. As a short-term rental, he's a financial steal because of his $6 million salary (after bonuses).

New Jets general manager John Idzik is known for his patient approach, and it's possible the team could carry Revis into the summer and beyond as they wait for the right package.

The Jets have only one chance to get this right. The Niners are an intriguing partner, but New York will keep its options open.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Swap 2nd round picks this year. (The one they just got from KC)
    -Next years first rounder and a 3rd that can become a 2nd based on performance.
    -Take Sanchez.

If Idzik could make that happen he deserves executive of the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    -Take Sanchez.

Just that alone

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

I want a proven player and picks for Revis. We had FOUR FIRST ROUND pick in 2000 and look what that got us. Picks mean nothing unless you hit on them. Revis is one of the best and I want a player who can come in and help us now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I want a proven player and picks for Revis. We had FOUR FIRST ROUND pick in 2000 and look what that got us. Picks mean nothing unless you hit on them. Revis is one of the best and I want a player who can come in and help us now.
    We netted a promising QB whose body betrayed him, he was never the same after the first injury. A player who started 11 years for us. And another who is still playing and is one of the best pass rushers of his generation.

Pretty good picks if you ask me. Injuries happen. Becht is the only one that wasn't a "good pick".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Take Sanchez.

Come on, you know that ain't happening. What I see playing out is this:

This draft while talented in a number of positions doesn't have the one thing the Jets covet and need, a QB. So why trade Revis for any picks this year when your already positioned to get a couple of really good players with your first and second round picks? Your picking at the #9 and #39. So, I would allow Revis to get healthy enough to play in the preseason games to show that he's back and then trade him to whomever drools over him the most via a draft package. If I'm them, I would demand at the very least a first round and a third round in the 2014 draft then you would have ammo to trade up for whatever Franchise QB you wanted.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis for the 31st(1) 34th(2) and 93rd(3) pick. Sign me up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Revis for the 31st(1) 34th(2) and 93rd(3) pick. Sign me up.
    I would that as well, don't know if the 49rs would.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I would that as well, don't know if the 49rs would.
    if not, they can keep the 3rd round pick and take Sanchez with Revis.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And another who is still playing and is one of the best pass rushers of his generation.
    ...and who netted us the best center in the league.