Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis to San Fran?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yes you can, it's comp picks that can not be traded.
    Good to know, wasnt sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This is horrible draft to accumulate picks in.

..and revis isn't healthy yet. Forget it.
    I really disagree totally. This draft has excellent depth in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. It is poor top end but has nice depth and is ideal for coming away with multiple possible starters.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Screw that, trade him to a team like Buffalo who will suck this year. The higher the draft pick the closer we can get to a bad ass player next year.

Although I'm gonna defer to our new GM.
    To a division rival?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Screw that, trade him to a team like Buffalo who will suck this year. The higher the draft pick the closer we can get to a bad ass player next year.

Although I'm gonna defer to our new GM.
    Yes, let's trade him within the division. Why aren't you GM yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    There have been rumors of Revis to San Fran and with the trade of Alex Smith (though not official) to KC for KC's 2n 33rd overall Revis to San Fran makes so much sense to me now.

I'd go for their 1st and 3rd and call it a day or maybe both of their 2nds. We'd clear his 6 million this year, and 10-15 the following years and if we draft right we'd get two starters for him. Maybe a qb and another long term starter. I'd do this deal in a second. What does everyone else think?
    Trading Revis costs us 3mill more in cap room this year than just keeping him. If we keep Revis and he walks next year in free agency we will have 9mill in dead money for him. **** you Tannenfraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Trading Revis costs us 3mill more in cap room this year than just keeping him. If we keep Revis and he walks next year in free agency we will have 9mill in dead money for him. **** you Tannenfraud.
    Pretty sure Revis would negotiate a new contract with the prospective trade partner, no way a team would take him this year knowing he could be a 1-year wonder and go off to a higher bidder in a higher salary cap year.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Not to mention Tannefraud agreed to add a clause in Revis' contract not allowing him to be franchised. That was the only protection we had.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Pretty sure Revis would negotiate a new contract with the prospective trade partner, no way a team would take him this year knowing he could be a 1-year wonder and go off to a higher bidder in a higher salary cap year.
    the funny thing with revis is that his best chance of getting paid is thru a trade, but if he keeps up on twitter and has his agents clamoring for a mega deal in the media it makes him harder to trade. and when he becomes a UFA he's still made it harder to get his mega deal if he's a malcontent. it's in his best interests to STFU if he wants to get paid, which always seems to be his first three agendas.

Veteran
    While SF has picks and more cap room, why would the Jets trade him for 2013 picks when they're aren't any viable QB's to draft this year? Sure you can round out your team with some really good players but the #1 need on this team is at the QB position. Everything we do should be to drive the thought of getting a QB in next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    While SF has picks and more cap room, why would the Jets trade him for 2013 picks when they're aren't any viable QB's to draft this year? Sure you can round out your team with some really good players but the #1 need on this team is at the QB position. Everything we do should be to drive the thought of getting a QB in next years draft.
    agreed, but there's no guarantee that next year's crop will be any better. if the jets got a late first/early 2nd round pick, i imagine they'd consider the qbs there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I really disagree totally. This draft has excellent depth in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. It is poor top end but has nice depth and is ideal for coming away with multiple possible starters.
    I don't want a handful of beans for our best player in the last 25 years. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    I think we've learned over the past few years (and past two weeks) that timely restructures and creative accounting can fix situations like this. SF's window is open, I'd expect them to take some risks to get out on top. Look no further than us in 2009.
    Pretty sure Boldin doesn't get 10 catches for over 100 yards if Revis is covering him in the SB and the niners likely win. Harbaugh doesn't seem like the patient type. Not saying this deal is a lock to happen, just that it make sense.

There is also history of the Niners going out to get a stud CB in the prime of his career when they brought in Deion for 1 year (after losing in the NFC Championship game) where he was eventually named Defensive Player of the year and helped them win a Super Bowl in 1994/95. (i know, i know its a totally different front office now)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    The important thing is to get max value for Revis, and not worry so much about having to turn Revis into a franchise QB.

I don't want a handful of beans for our best player in the last 25 years. Sorry.
    Neither do I, as you can see by my screename i am a pretty big fan of Revis and have his Jersey etc.. but what are our other options? let him play out his contract and lose him for a supplemental 3rd round pick next year? Or we have to sign him to a 15-16 million dollar a year contract?

We have to play the cards we are dealt.

Without a trade we either re-sign him (which I would be okay with) and potentially restrict our ability to rebuild going forward or we lose him straight-up.

And given the context (we have a top-flight CB already, and could re-sign our pro-bowl safety if Revis was off the books), a trade makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The important thing is to get max value for Revis, and not worry so much about having to turn Revis into a franchise QB.
    like when the jets turned abe into mangold. if the jets can turn revis into a good wr or safety they've done well. and saved a lot of money.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    like when the jets turned abe into mangold. if the jets can turn revis into a good wr or safety they've done well. and saved a lot of money.
    Or more likely a good WR AND a safety.

Revis should be worth 3 1st round picks after seeing what SF received in the Alex Smith trade.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Neither do I, as you can see by my screename i am a pretty big fan of Revis and have his Jersey etc.. but what are our other options? let him play out his contract and lose him for a supplemental 3rd round pick next year? Or we have to sign him to a 15-16 million dollar a year contract?

We have to play the cards we are dealt.
    If all we gonna get is a 2nd rnd pick, then fck it, I'll take the comp 3rd next year and get my money's worth out of Revis this year.

...but no. Unless he fetches the kind of trade that makes sense, then you hang on to him, and work out an extension next year. It's not ideal, but it's the hand we've been dealt.

If all we gonna get is a 2nd rnd pick, then fck it, I'll take the comp 3rd next year and get my money's worth out of Revis this year.

...but no. Unless he fetches the kind of trade that makes sense, then you hang on to him, and work out an extension next year. It's not ideal, but it's the hand we've been dealt.
    You might as well resign yourself to the fact that Revis WILL be traded this offseason, and pray that he brings back a nice haul in return.

The Jets won't let him walk in FA next year. The dead money alone is a deterrent.