Thread: Trade Revis and trade out of the #9 pick

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Revis and trade out of the #9 pick

It's time to cut bait and go all out in rebuilding. 49'ers with 15 draft picks, most in NFL history, will take Revis for their 34th pick acquired from the Chiefs plus a 3rd round pick. Trade the #9 pick for a second and 4th round pick.
    Jets would have a 1st round pick around pick 20-25 three second round picks, and two 3rd or 4th round picks.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds perfect to me, but we all know we won't do something smart in the draft. I am going to give the new G.M. the benefit of the doubt, but not optimistic. SOJ

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    It's time to cut bait and go all out in rebuilding. 49'ers with 15 draft picks, most in NFL history, will take Revis for their 34th pick acquired from the Chiefs plus a 3rd round pick. Trade the #9 pick for a second and 4th round pick.
    Jets would have a 1st round pick around pick 20-25 three second round picks, and two 3rd or 4th round picks.
    I assume you mean trade the 9th for a late first, a 2nd and a 4th?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question is, who wants to trade up to #9?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to trade revis to a team with cap space- SF has about 7 mill right now to sign Goldson, Sapogoa and Francois, they pretty much already gave up on signing Delanie Walker. While they could probably fit him in this year, next year Aldon Smith and Kapernick will be going into thier FA Years, and both of them will want even more than Revis if Revis gets 15

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Question is, who wants to trade up to #9?
    St louis to get one of the 3 LT, Joeckel, Fisher or Lane none of which will be there for them at 16

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    St louis to get one of the 3 LT, Joeckel, Fisher or Lane none of which will be there for them at 16
    A couple of mocks have the Rams taking Coradelle Patterson at 16. They need either a top rated WR or one of top five offensive linmen to protect Sam Bradford. Rams also have the Redskins 1st round pick at 22 and the Redskins 1st round pick in 2014. I can see them giving up their 16 pick plus a 3rd round pick or giving up their 22nd pick in the draft plus a second rounder for the 9th overall pick in the draft. Patterson and a top offensive linman probably won't be there for them at 16 or 22.

http://stlouis.sbnation.com/2013/2/1...-st-louis-rams

The Bengals are another possible trade partner. They have the 21st pick and two second round picks 37 and 53
    Last edited by rajensen088; 02-27-2013 at 05:05 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of mocks have the Rams taking Coradelle Patterson at 16. They need either a top rated WR or one of top five offensive linmen to protect Sam Bradford. Rams also have the Redskins 1st round pick at 22. I can see them giving up their 16 pick plus a 3rd round pick or giving up their 22nd pick in the draft plus a second rounder for the 9th overall pick in the draft. Patterson and a top offensive linman probably won't be there for them at 16 or 22.
    They need olineman if anything they should take after getting a LT they should get Cooper at 22, they have about 5 mill of cap room to spend now that Jackson voided and after they cut Hunter. And that will probably be spent on Amodella

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    and play Sanchez, max it all out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen88 View Post
    Sounds perfect to me, but we all know we won't do something smart in the draft. I am going to give the new G.M. the benefit of the doubt, but not optimistic. SOJ
    LMAO...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think trading down is not a bad strategy with such a deep draft and so many needs. is the 9 pick equal to a lower 1st round plus a 4th? i would have thought it was worth more than that. revis for a high 2nd and a 4th? not high enough. the jets need a first rounder plus a couple of 3-4 ths or a high second.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i think trading down is not a bad strategy with such a deep draft and so many needs. is the 9 pick equal to a lower 1st round plus a 4th? i would have thought it was worth more than that. revis for a high 2nd and a 4th? not high enough. the jets need a first rounder plus a couple of 3-4 ths or a high second.

The 9th pick is worth a hell of a lot more than a late first rounder plus a 4th. 9th is worth 1350 pts. 28th (late first round) is worth 620. 97th pick is the first in the 4th round and it's worth 112 pts for a total of 732 pts. Any GM trading down and ok'ing that deal should lose his job immediately.

Just to illustrate, a team who wanted to trade up from the 11th to the 9th spot would swap the first round picks and throw in an early 4th or maybe even a mid to early 3rd to do so.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 02-28-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    all of a sudden his money demands are going to make someone in the running for best defensive player possibly in nfl history be traded for a second rounder. Only JEt fans would let themselves think that.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...at-revis-trade

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like most of this, but I want a 1 and a 2 for Revis. I want to trade down for sure, but would want multiple #1's or a 1 and a 2. I certainly think we could fill several holes by doing this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another problem with trading down...... Everybody and their mother wants to trade down this year. If you think it's only the Jets, wake up

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah get with the system sweetheart

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Another problem with trading down...... Everybody and their mother wants to trade down this year. If you think it's only the Jets, wake up
    This.

You're going to be hard pressed to find value trading down this year because most of the teams from 4-15 want to trade down. It's a buyer's market.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaMichael James, their first, and a 2nd or 3rd next year for Revis and a 3rd.

Package up their first and our first and try like hell to pan them to fake contender like Minnesota that is likely going to have reality hit them in the face this season.

Minnesota reminds me of the Bears, good every other year as Strength of Schedule goes down after losing seasons.

You will want Minnesota's first next year.

This almost makes sense since Minnesota needs O-line help and is probably parting ways with Harvin. They could use two firsts.

They need help at WR, too.

This could work. I doubt Idzik's good enough to do it, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did the late first round 20-25 pick come from?