Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn Likely

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In an extremely tight cap situation, with a bunch of FAs to deal, and with holes at key positions on the team, you guys are mad because we're not signing a franchise backup QB off FA? lol, ok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    In an extremely tight cap situation, with a bunch of FAs to deal, and with holes at key positions on the team, you guys are mad because we're not signing a franchise backup QB off FA? lol, ok.
    50% of JI is mad because we didn't trade a 1st round pick for Alex Smith. Another 49% is going to be mad when Idzik doesn't give Matt Moore $20 mil guaranteed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Ugh not feeling that qb crew to battle it out.
    Same here. Quinn's done nothing in the league after all the draft hype. He's a bust

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Oh, its called competition. The fact of the matter is that it is a absolute joke, cover up, fraud.

Do you honestly think the FO feels bringing a player like Quinn will result in an all out training camp battle to lead the Jets into the 2013 season with a chip on their shoulder?

For Christs sake, wake up! Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes contracts have absolutely crippled any and all moves outside the NFL draft for the Jets for the 2013.

2013 is a rebuilding year. A year to prove YET AGAIN that Mark Sanchez is not, was never, and will never, be a productive NFL QB.

After this year, Mark, and Santoni-HO will be gone, as wellas the tens of millions that they are getting paid. ONLY then will there be any sort of search for a legitimate Jets QB, and seeing as how a good QB is needed to win, it will be only then us as Jets fans should even have a hope at competitiveness.
    You wake up, you are making a far to big deal of this. This isn't a signing that is meant to be the answer to the QB position. There isn't a QB available that is going to be the answer right now, whether we have Sanchez' and Holmes' contracts or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quinn, Sanchez, Tebow. If only it were a beauty pageant.

SOJ.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Umm, no, it's called competition, they are bringing players in to ramp up competition, nothing more. What "legitimate" QB's are going to be available when FA starts?
    The guy i have been pimping for the jets since the middle of the season. David Garrard. Yes, he is as old as Brady, Hasselbeck, Manning but he wants a shot and he is a PRO both on and off the field, You want to draft a kid this year and have him learn under someone, he is your guy. He beat out Moore and Tannyhill last year in camp- the guy can still play and is all heart. The jets need a leader and a guy that has won so that the team will listen to him.

The jets have 5 pennies not a nickle
    Last edited by patman; 02-27-2013 at 10:45 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The guy i have been pimping for the jets since the middle of the season. David Garrard. Yes, he is as old as Brady, Hasselbeck, Manning but he wants a shot and he is a PRO both on and off the field, You want to draft a kid this year and have him learn under someone, he is your guy. He beat out Moore and Tannyhill last year in camp- the guy can still play and is all heart. The jets need a leader and a guy that has won so that the team will listen to him.

David Gerrard is TEN TIMES the QB that Brady Quinn will ever be...

Newsflash: QUINN SUCKS.
    Sorry, Homers...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Yes! Brady Quinn, Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy, and Matt Simms battling it out for the starting role! We're saved!

ROFL Exactly my thoughts...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the issue with Garrard is the durability factor...didn't he get hurt last year and have to leave camp?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    David Gerrard is TEN TIMES the QB that Brady Quinn will ever be...

Newsflash: QUINN SUCKS.
    Sorry, Homers...
    agree with this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Same here. Quinn's done nothing in the league after all the draft hype. He's a bust
    yep

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Marty sees something in the kid then I have no problem giving him a non guaranteed contract, but no I'm not expecting him to make it through training camp. Couldn't hurt to bring in as many guys with potential as we can though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    I think the issue with Garrard is the durability factor...didn't he get hurt last year and have to leave camp?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    So, your not signing him for 5mill dollars. The guy will probably take 1mill and incentives based on games played. I don't think he is very concerned about his ability to beat Sanchez, Quinn and Mac.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, your not signing him for 5mill dollars. The guy will probably take 1mill and incentives based on games played. I don't think he is very concerned about his ability to beat Sanchez, Quinn and Mac.
    agreed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Quinn, Sanchez, Tebow. If only it were a beauty pageant.

SOJ.
    People think Sanchez and Quinn are good looking? lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    People think Sanchez and Quinn are good looking? lol.
    Sanchez gets more hot p***y in one week than you see in a year!
    (just kidding!)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If Marty sees something in the kid then I have no problem giving him a non guaranteed contract, but no I'm not expecting him to make it through training camp. Couldn't hurt to bring in as many guys with potential as we can though.
    Who the hell gets a guaranteed contract? this is the NFL. And yes it could hurt, there are only so any snaps, the coaches only have so much time with each guy. NFL teams usually have a no chance QB come in for receiving drills so that the qbs don't get their arms tired, but very seldom does a team bring 4 nfl qbs to camp. The only time I can remember the pats doing it was the year they drafted Brady.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

I ****ing hate this fanbase sometimes..
    We hate you, too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Sanchez gets more hot p***y in one week than you see in a year!
    (just kidding!)
    Why you trying to rustle my jimmies, breh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell gets a guaranteed contract? this is the NFL. And yes it could hurt, there are only so any snaps, the coaches only have so much time with each guy. NFL teams usually have a no chance QB come in for receiving drills so that the qbs don't get their arms tired, but very seldom does a team bring 4 nfl qbs to camp. The only time I can remember the pats doing it was the year they drafted Brady.
    Signing bonus troll. Taking snaps from who? Thanks for your help.