Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn Likely

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I think it's because they are "Sunday" Jets fans - meaning the only thing they see is what happens on Sunday. They just can't see things like salary cap, and what goes on around the rest of the league. The see Peyton and Brady and figure we should have one.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Any QB not named Mark Sanchez is an upgrade. To get one named Brady Quinn whose presence doesn't financially cripple us is a step in the right direction.

Save yourselves grief and manage your expectations of the Jets in the near future. We're playing a godawful hand.
    LOL...Right..The AZ QBs are an upgrade...Gabbert is an upgrade..LOL

So from 2006 to 2011 it was always Schotty's fault..But when 2012 was a complete cluster F of an O it's all on the QB. All we read here was how gawd awful the Jets WR talent/depth & RBs were last season but again it's all on the QB..

Funny, where is the Jets 2012 OC and QB Coach? Hmmmm.

Why don't we see, now that the Jets finally have an experienced, proven developer of QBs & OC, if the QB position can finally be developed properly.

If Sanchez ****s the bed (which he never did in any of his playoff games) in 2013 he's gone...The Jets aren't contending for the SB this season anyway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who do people want that is a realistic option? What quality FA QBs for $2-3M a year are available? What quality FA QBs for any price are available?

There aren't 32 NFL quality QBs in the NFL today so what makes you think you are going to get one via FA for $2-3M?

People can ***** and complain but its a serious question.
    You're preaching to the choir CMart.

No one wants to think logically and critically. They all just want something to b*tch and moan about 24/7.

Ahhhh, the life of a SOJF....

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Brady Quinn, the second coming of Bubby Brister...but with less talent.

If his signing actually happens? Talk about a classic SOJ move. Dopes (if it transpires, that is).
    Thanks. Made my fn morning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So from 2006 to 2011 it was always Schotty's fault..But when 2012 was a complete cluster F of an O it's all on the QB. All we read here was how gawd awful the Jets WR talent/depth & RBs were last season but again it's all on the QB..

Why don't we see, now that the Jets finally have an experienced, proven developer of QBs & OC, if the QB position can finally be developed properly.

If Sanchez ****s the bed (which he never did in any of his playoff games) in 2013 he's gone...The Jets aren't contending for the SB this season anyway.
    Hope springs eternal who ever thought the 13 td 35 pick Testaverde could ever do 29 tds and 7 picks for the Jets.. Sanchez seems to have lost all confidence in his ability much like a SOJF does in anything being positive for the Jets..

Kicking the tires on other team's wasted prospects is exactly what the Jets should be doing right now. People saying this is silly don't have a clue. What are the Jets gonna do? Trading for Alex Smith would have been a bad idea (I've never been impressed by him) Foles is apparently unavailable so all that is left for the Jets is to look at players who failed to live up to expectations and try to find the next Russel Wilson middle rounds of the draft since there is no QB worth taking @ 9.

Sanchez is still the best option this year, like it or not. I think if given a real chance this year, he will play well in the wco.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Kicking the tires on other team's wasted prospects is exactly what the Jets should be doing right now. People saying this is silly don't have a clue. What are the Jets gonna do? Trading for Alex Smith would have been a bad idea (I've never been impressed by him) Foles is apparently unavailable so all that is left for the Jets is to look at players who failed to live up to expectations and try to find the next Russel Wilson middle rounds of the draft since there is no QB worth taking @ 9.
    They are going to be screwed until 2014. Once we accept that, 2013 will be easier to digest.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Sanchez is still the best option this year, like it or not. I think if given a real chance this year, he will play well in the wco.
    Maybe, but what does your gut tell you?

Accept it and move on. Its the easiest way.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    They are going to be screwed until 2014. Once we accept that, 2013 will be easier to digest.
    +1

No, he will always be a low comp %, turnover machine.

Quinn is garbage but he's a better alternative than Tebow (who will be cut) for true Qb competition. Bring in as many rejects as we can and sift through them to get the best ones. We are screwed this year regardless and have to keep Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Maybe, but what does your gut tell you?

Accept it and move on. Its the easiest way.
    Not sure what you mean? My gut tells me what I said. I believe Sanchez can play and play well in the wco. I think out of all the qb's in this years draft plus the free agents or potential trade qb's, Sanchez is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, he will always be a low comp %, turnover machine.

Quinn is garbage but he's a better alternative than Tebow (who will be cut) for true Qb competition. Bring in as many rejects as we can and sift through them to get the best ones. We are screwed this year regardless and have to keep Sanchez.
    Maybe, but I dont agree with you.

Rookie
    Once you get over the fact that it is "Brady Quinn" this really isn't all that bad.

1. None of the "upper level" available QB's are worth the risk. Alex Smith - gone to KC and he is going be the next Matt Kassel anyway.

2. Matt Flynn... not worth tying up lots of money when you need other offensive weapons and line help

3. Nick Foles.... Small body of work and relatively unimpressive

All of these guys cost more than any of the other free agent/available QB's. Someone a few days ago posted that list. Quinn is no better or worse than any of them. As long as the money is right, read little, this makes sense. Let Buttchez, McElroy and Quinn battle it out. The play is for 2014 QB draft here. Not a bad move IMHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    for what reason?
    To run the Wildcat!

Duh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not sure what all the uproar is about.

We all already know that

1) Sanchez's contract makes him highly unmovable
    2) The Jets have a new offensive coaching staff
    3) The Jets don't have a lot of cap space
    4) There aren't many QB options in the FA market & draft
    5) We'd all be punching our computers if we gave up two 2nd round picks for Alex Smith
    6) The Jets have already stated that they will bring in a few QB options to compete for the job

Knowing all of this, why is it a big shock that the Jets are looking at Quinn? He, like Sanchez, was a first round pick, so the talent is there (somewhere).. and he'll come cheaply. Expect another similar QB signing, and perhaps an early draft pick on a QB if the Jets end up liking any of the projects.

But also expect that Sanchez will be on the team in 2013, and be given every chance to pick up the new offense and start. The difference, I think, is that this GM/offensive coaching staff has no ties to him, so for Mark to start, he'll have to win the job.

As a Jets fan, I hope that Mark somehow, someway, turns it around enough to be the middle of the road QB we saw in 2010/parts of 2011 so that 2013 isn't a complete wash. In 2014 he's more easily releasable, and there should be better QB options available.

Jets Insider VIP
    What are the alternatives?

Paying a mediocre at best stopgap like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell $5 million a year?

I'm totally fine with Sanchez, Quinn and a draft pick.

Jets Insider VIP

I have warned you already about posting these logical posts!!!!!!

ONE MORE INCIDENT LIKE THIS I AND I WILL HAVE TO NO CHOICE BUT TO GET YOU A JOB WITH A NEWSPAPER!!!!

All Pro
    Not sure what you mean? My gut tells me what I said. I believe Sanchez can play and play well in the wco. I think out of all the qb's in this years draft plus the free agents or potential trade qb's, Sanchez is the best option.
    It has nothing to do with best options.Mark Sanchez is the only option for 2013. His contract dictates so, plain and simple. Its the sole reason he was left in for so long after stinking it up so bad last year.

Im still rooting for the team and all, but was it that silly for the Colts to tank 2011? Will be interesting to see who is that possible QB in next years draft, because i think the Jets will be perusing that "guy".

Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What are the alternatives?

Paying a mediocre at best stopgap like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell $5 million a year?

I'm totally fine with Sanchez, Quinn and a draft pick.
    F**k it, draft Geno......LOL