Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn Likely

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    F**k it, draft Geno......LOL
    Hey, if he's there at #9...I'm all for it.

Don't know why so many are so sure that we'll be in position to draft Bridgewater next year anyway. We won't have a chance at the kid unless we're picking in the Top 2.

And as for Manziel, when was the last time that a 6'0 200 lb QB with an average at best arm went that high in the draft?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Maybe, but what does your gut tell you?

Accept it and move on. Its the easiest way.
    My gut tells me that Snchez chance for sucess now in the WCO offense is about 45%. The key is this was the offense Sanchez ran in college and the one the Jets should have implemented in the begining. I think thatif they had Sanchez would have had a 70% chance to be successful.

All I can say is that the Jets are finally begining to act like they know what they are doing....

Which in and of it itself is odd ....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Don't know why so many are so sure that we'll be in position to draft Bridgewater next year anyway. We won't have a chance at the kid unless we're picking in the Top 2.

And as for Manziel, when was the last time that a 6'0 200 lb QB with an average at best arm went that high in the draft?
    I agree, you can not play the whole wait till next year thing, way too many things can change. This time last year Barkley was thought to be easily the first pick in the draft this year, now he isnt even regarded as the best Qb in his class and could slide to 2nd round.

All Pro

You're right. But with the moves this team appears to be making (signing Quinn, keeping Sanchez) I don't think there's any doubt we will be in the convo for a top 5 pick LOL. I'm okay with that for this season. 2013 is all about purging the dead weight from the old regime and starting anew in 2014, hopefully with Bridgewater as the new Franchise QB (wishful thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have warned you already about posting these logical posts!!!!!!

ONE MORE INCIDENT LIKE THIS I AND I WILL HAVE TO NO CHOICE BUT TO GET YOU A JOB WITH A NEWSPAPER!!!!
    LOL! Thanks! What can I say...Like an accident on the side of the road I can't turn away.

I'll take LaGreca's gig on the Jets pre/post game show on ESPN 98.7..

Veteran
    BQ is a bigger bust than Sanchez. Stoopid stoopid stoopid

In today's non-news.

Guys give it up. This team will be awful this year.

Wanting them to win anything this season will kill them in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    My gut tells me that Snchez chance for sucess now in the WCO offense is about 45%. The key is this was the offense Sanchez ran in college and the one the Jets should have implemented in the begining. I think thatif they had Sanchez would have had a 70% chance to be successful.

All I can say is that the Jets are finally begining to act like they know what they are doing....

Which in and of it itself is odd ....
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    In today's non-news.

Guys give it up. This team will be awful this year.

Wanting them to win anything this season will kill them in the long run.
    I think that most of us had agreed that the 2009 Jets team would suck in preparation for the future.

Jets fans that post on message boards for the most part are pretty clueless.

A far as the long run, unless you have a visionary running the team, you're stuck with the short run.

Nobody knows what Idzik is. But we will in a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    People this shouldn't shock anyone. Likely all 3 of the guys we have right now are gone. We are going to draft a new QB. We aren't going to pay more then 2 mil for a BU. Your not going to see Campbell or Moore working out for the JETS it is going to be someone like Quinn. Lets face it there isn't a whole lot out there in FA someone like Quinn is at very least better then Greg the cancer McElroy.
    The jets can get either one and very cheap this year, but they will have to be named the #1 going into camp and with the promise of not drafting a qb in the first two rounds. They will be ok competing with Sanchez as both of them will be on what is really a one year try out.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    I think that most of us had agreed that the 2009 Jets team would suck in preparation for the future.

Jets fans that post on message boards for the most part are pretty clueless.

A far as the long run, unless you have a visionary running the team, you're stuck with the short run.

Nobody knows what Idzik is. But we will in a year and a half.
    Why did jet fans think they were going to suck in 2009. At thanksgiving of 2008 they were the #1 ranked team in the AFC. They lost Farve but at least they had cap space and signed one of the top FA Linebackers to a 50 mill contract and signed a saftey wit exp with the new coaches scheme. Go back to the posts and you wont see any we will suck posts.

brady quinn

G_D help us .if that is the case.he has been a complete failure where ever he has played.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL...Right..The AZ QBs are an upgrade...Gabbert is an upgrade..LOL

So from 2006 to 2011 it was always Schotty's fault..But when 2012 was a complete cluster F of an O it's all on the QB. All we read here was how gawd awful the Jets WR talent/depth & RBs were last season but again it's all on the QB..

Funny, where is the Jets 2012 OC and QB Coach? Hmmmm.

Why don't we see, now that the Jets finally have an experienced, proven developer of QBs & OC, if the QB position can finally be developed properly.

If Sanchez ****s the bed (which he never did in any of his playoff games) in 2013 he's gone...The Jets aren't contending for the SB this season anyway.
    We traded up to the #5 pick of the draft to get Sanchez - and your way to validate this is to compare Sanchez favorably to Gabbert?

One word: Buttfumble.

I'd take Gabbert, Skelton, Kolb over Sanchez for the Jets right now. So Brady Quinn might as well be Joe Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    We traded up to the #5 pick of the draft to get Sanchez - and your way to validate this is to compare Sanchez favorably to Gabbert?

One word: Buttfumble.

I'd take Gabbert, Skelton, Kolb over Sanchez for the Jets right now. So Brady Quinn might as well be Joe Montana.
    and you use one play...'nuff said

How do you know for a fact that Bridgewater will go top 2 next year? Clowney and Sammy Watkins will be drafted before him.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why did jet fans think they were going to suck in 2009. At thanksgiving of 2008 they were the #1 ranked team in the AFC. They lost Farve but at least they had cap space and signed one of the top FA Linebackers to a 50 mill contract and signed a saftey wit exp with the new coaches scheme. Go back to the posts and you wont see any we will suck posts.
    I'm sorry, maybe we should define "suck"?

I define that as the inability to make the playoffs. Go back to the posts and find the majority of Jets fans on this board that thought the Jets would make the postseason with:

A rookie head coach.

A brand new defensive scheme.

A rookie quarterback with 1 year of college starting experience.

Not to mention ZERO RECEIVING CORPS.

Get off it. Nobody with a rational mind thought this team had a chance to make the postseason in 2009.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why are people making such a big deal out of a guy who will be our 3rd string qb?

Plenty of legitimate gripes with this team for us to cry about.

This isn't one of them.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Why are people making such a big deal out of a guy who will be our 3rd string qb?

Plenty of legitimate gripes with this team for us to cry about.

This isn't one of them.
    Because the talent level from 1st string, to 4th string is so very close.

Thats not a good thing, it implies that all of our QB's are sub par.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Because the talent level from 1st string, to 4th string is so very close.

Thats not a good thing, it implies that all of our QB's are sub par.
    Well yeah thats true, but its not like there are many better options out there given our cash situation.

Lets wait before FA actually begins before going all nuts. For gods sakes people are flipping out about a signing that hasn't even happened yet.

If its Sanchez, McElroy and Quinn to start the season, then by all means go crazy.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Well yeah thats true, but its not like there are many better options out there given our cash situation.

Lets wait before FA actually begins before going all nuts.

If its Sanchez, McElroy and Quinn to start the season, then by all means go crazy
    Agreed. Still, with the cards as they lay, there is little cap room to make a run at a legitimate QB. I know the team has to address the position after the revolt from the fans last year, and this is just what i expected due to Sanchez cap #.

Tannenbaum effectively killed the 2013 season with the Sanchez and Holmes contracts. Whats even worse, the writing was on the wall......the decline was visible.......and Tanny THEN sign them to mega deals?

Im fine with that really, but we shouldnt think for a split second that battling out McElroy, Sanchez, and Quinn would produce anything better than what the team had last year.