Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn Likely

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This has pretty much been my philosophy this entire off season. Do not do anything with Sanchez' and Holmes' contracts. Ride them out for one more year and dump them next year when the cap hit will be a fraction of what it is today. People just need to get their heads around the jets being a 3-5 win team this year. There are just too may holes.
    I agree with everything you say up until the 3-5 win statement. With some faster LBer's and any semblance of an offense this team should be looking at least 6-8 wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    You know what I think? I think Chris Mortenson overheard some other "REAL" insiders in a room say that the Jets were targeting Glover Quin, the Safety. And Mortenson mistook it for being Brady Quinn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hey, if he's there at #9...I'm all for it.

Don't know why so many are so sure that we'll be in position to draft Bridgewater next year anyway. We won't have a chance at the kid unless we're picking in the Top 2.

And as for Manziel, when was the last time that a 6'0 200 lb QB with an average at best arm went that high in the draft?
    Besides the fact that I think it will be extremely difficult to pass on the best pass rush prospect since Julius Peppers for Bridgewater.

All Pro
    If you add up Brady Quinn's completion % and Mark Sanchez's completion %, they complete just about 100% of their passes.

I can see the conversation in the war room.

Rex, "We need to bring in competition for Sanchez, but a similar type QB so we don't have to change the offense."

Idzik, "You want an inaccurate QB who folds under a rush?"

Rex, "Yep"

Idzik, "I know just the guy. As a bonus, Mike Golic loves the guy so know both hosts of Mike and Mike in the Morning will want to talk about us"

Woodt, "I love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    I think that most of us had agreed that the 2009 Jets team would suck in preparation for the future.
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Wat?
    Thank you for your valuable contribution.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    You know what I think? I think Chris Mortenson overheard some other "REAL" insiders in a room say that the Jets were targeting Glover Quin, the Safety. And Mortenson mistook it for being Brady Quinn.
    lol. i could see that...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    lol. i could see that...
    Mortensen was on Mike & Mike this morning and said he just speculated that Quinn would be a fit for the Jets based on the fact that he worked with and is respected by David Lee who is the QB coach now. Everything else is typical NY media and Jet fan conjecture.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Actually it should be sdJetsetter's responsibility. His post:

Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Agreed. Still, with the cards as they lay, there is little cap room to make a run at a legitimate QB. I know the team has to address the position after the revolt from the fans last year, and this is just what i expected due to Sanchez cap #.

Tannenbaum effectively killed the 2013 season with the Sanchez and Holmes contracts. Whats even worse, the writing was on the wall......the decline was visible.......and Tanny THEN sign them to mega deals?

Im fine with that really, but we shouldnt think for a split second that battling out McElroy, Sanchez, and Quinn would produce anything better than what the team had last year.
    Sorry, the kids had me running wild.

No, I do not think that there is a great caliber QB available in FA right now, as for the draft.....id be lying if i told you much out of the top 3 guys.....

When i said "this is what i expected", it wasnt so much a bash on the team in anyway, more that the team is severely handicapped by cap room, which in my opinion, comes from the Sanchez/Holmes contracts.

It appears the hands are tied for the upcoming season in a lot of ways. The writing has been on the wall all along.......2013 is another Mark Sanchez year.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Mortensen was on Mike & Mike this morning and said he just speculated that Quinn would be a fit for the Jets based on the fact that he worked with and is respected by David Lee who is the QB coach now. Everything else is typical NY media and Jet fan conjecture.
    What about Mort's entire existence isn't wild conjecture?

ESPN is poisoning your brain.

I'm sorry, maybe we should define "suck"?

I define that as the inability to make the playoffs. Go back to the posts and find the majority of Jets fans on this board that thought the Jets would make the postseason with:

A rookie head coach.

A brand new defensive scheme.

A rookie quarterback with 1 year of college starting experience.

Not to mention ZERO RECEIVING CORPS.

Get off it. Nobody with a rational mind thought this team had a chance to make the postseason in 2009.
    no we don't need to define suck. Suck is finishing in the bottom ten, you get a top ten pick =you suck. Not making the playoffs does not mean you suck. Pitt would have made the playoffs if Big Ben did not get injured- finishing 8-8 does not mean you suck. Next year the jets most likely will suck.

What about Mort's entire existence isn't wild conjecture?

ESPN is poisoning your brain.
    What ??? The fact is he just stated he was speculating Quinn might be a good fit, but Jet fans have him signed already. Learn to read !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Sorry, the kids had me running wild.

No, I do not think that there is a great caliber QB available in FA right now, as for the draft.....id be lying if i told you much out of the top 3 guys.....

When i said "this is what i expected", it wasnt so much a bash on the team in anyway, more that the team is severely handicapped by cap room, which in my opinion, comes from the Sanchez/Holmes contracts.

It appears the hands are tied for the upcoming season in a lot of ways. The writing has been on the wall all along.......2013 is another Mark Sanchez year.
    Who is saying that there is a "great" caliber QB anywhere? This discussion is about competition at the position. Quinn sucks, Garrard may provide competition, Moore and Orton could as well.

The Jets could pick up half the starting QBs in this league and still not find a "great" QB. Most of them are average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    no we don't need to define suck. Suck is finishing in the bottom ten, you get a top ten pick =you suck. Not making the playoffs does not mean you suck. Pitt would have made the playoffs if Big Ben did not get injured- finishing 8-8 does not mean you suck. Next year the jets most likely will suck.
    You have gotten too used to apologizing for a sh!t team, I see. The 2011 Jets sucked. They had their moments, but they still sucked. There have been playoff teams that sucked, but even won a game. The 2010 Seahawks sucked. won a playoff game. Sucked.

You made me redefine my idea of suck, so that is something. The Jets and Pats both won eleven games and failed to make the playoffs. They were both average, yet on the verge of suck.

Suck is definitive except when you win a lot of games and fail to make the playoffs. Then you are average with an easy schedule. Verge of suck. And when you make the playoffs due to a weak schedule.

And...yes.

I'm fishing for dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    What ??? The fact is he just stated he was speculating Quinn might be a good fit, but Jet fans have him signed already. Learn to read !!!!
    I read your post. It was easy to read. Learn to write.

!!!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I've always thought Quinn had potential. There are worse choices out there and perhaps with some more coaching he could blossom into a decent QB.

Quinn ASPIRES to be putrid! Absolutely, positively horrible, STUNK IT UP in Cleveland (I saw), MARK BRUNELL TODAY is better than that dude, clueless, bulked up biceps AND no deep ball/can't make the throw!

Undrafted Free Agent

Quinn

I wouldn't be against Quinn coming in for a look-see. What do we have to lose? We could still draft a QB in round 2 or 3

jf

Jets Insider VIP
    I read your post. It was easy to read. Learn to write.

!!!
    I like this guy. He has potential at JI.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I've always thought Quinn had potential. There are worse choices out there and perhaps with some more coaching he could blossom into a decent QB.
    You're looking through your Notre Dame glasses. He's not pro QB material.