Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn Likely

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Brady Quinn?

The Jets should sign Jason Campbell here. He backed up Cutler last year but he only signed a one year deal with Chicago. He consistently completes over 60% of his passes, is 6-5/230 (so no more batted down balls at the line), could be signed for the Vet Min, and would easily beat out Sanchez in camp.

Really, I mean, BRADY QUINN???
    LOL at acting like the Jets gave Quinn a 4 year 60 million dollar deal and proclaimed him our starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!! EXACTLY!!

its amazing how people are getting bent about something that has not even happened!!! Too funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at acting like the Jets gave Quinn a 4 year 60 million dollar deal and proclaimed him our starter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People this shouldn't shock anyone. Likely all 3 of the guys we have right now are gone. We are going to draft a new QB. We aren't going to pay more then 2 mil for a BU. Your not going to see Campbell or Moore working out for the JETS it is going to be someone like Quinn. Lets face it there isn't a whole lot out there in FA someone like Quinn is at very least better then Greg the cancer McElroy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady Quinn, the second coming of Bubby Brister...but with less talent.

If his signing actually happens? Talk about a classic SOJ move. Dopes (if it transpires, that is).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Brady Quinn, the second coming of Bubby Brister...but with less talent.

If his signing actually happens? Talk about a classic SOJ move. Dopes (if it transpires, that is).
    If this happens, I'm putting an extra 3 bullets in the chamber the next time we play Russian Roulette.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who do people want that is a realistic option? What quality FA QBs for $2-3M a year are available? What quality FA QBs for any price are available?

There aren't 32 NFL quality QBs in the NFL today so what makes you think you are going to get one via FA for $2-3M?

People can ***** and complain but its a serious question.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nobody drafts handsome quarterbacks that suck like the Jets

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Somebody in return for the best defensive player in the league. Stop pretending it's an impossible task. Sanchez sucks and a cornerback is not going to save this team.

And no, I don't think Alex Smith is a good qb.

And my username isn't 'you guys', so if you feel like addressing the forum by using me as an example, you can suck it.
    You are not being realistic. No one is trading a franchise QB for a CB regardless of how good he is - and he is not the best defensive player in the league. More importantly - and this is what everyone seems to forget - WE DO NOT HAVE THE CAP ROOM. Do not expect any major acquisitions. I have been saying since the end of last season 2013 is all about positioning the team for 2014. We will be a 3-5 win team this year get used to it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    If this happens, I'm putting an extra 3 bullets in the chamber the next time we play Russian Roulette.
    LOL. I'll go "full bazooka".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    nobody drafts handsome quarterbacks that suck like the Jets
    Care to expand on that list?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who do people want that is a realistic option? What quality FA QBs for $2-3M a year are available? What quality FA QBs for any price are available?

There aren't 32 NFL quality QBs in the NFL today so what makes you think you are going to get one via FA for $2-3M?

Why do you continue to post!!

All your posts are sane well thought out, logical and concise and therefore they have no place out here with the why dont we just clone Joe Montana bunch that seem to infect these threads!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

I think it's because they are "Sunday" Jets fans - meaning the only thing they see is what happens on Sunday. They just can't see things like salary cap, and what goes on around the rest of the league. The see Peyton and Brady and figure we should have one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    yessssssssssssss way better than mark sanchez and not a turnover machine.
    No he's not...

Quinn sucks and I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. Was an obvious bust for anyone who watched him and knew what they were looking at.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    No he's not...

Quinn sucks and I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. Was an obvious bust for anyone who watched him and knew what they were looking at.
    Like watching Leinart, only worse.

Some guys never get the pro game. Quinn is one of those guys. Even as a backup, he's a joke. Hope Quinn wears a uniform other than ours this season.
    As bad as he is, I'd rather have McElroy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    fans need to HOPE that the team brings in players like Brady Quinn for the 2013 season because that will mean that they are not committing real money and years to mediocre players in a season that will be lost either way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any QB not named Mark Sanchez is an upgrade. To get one named Brady Quinn whose presence doesn't financially cripple us is a step in the right direction.

Save yourselves grief and manage your expectations of the Jets in the near future. We're playing a godawful hand.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    fans need to HOPE that the team brings in players like Brady Quinn for the 2013 season because that will mean that they are not committing real money and years to mediocre players in a season that will be lost either way.
    You have once again earned your moniker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    idzik promised competition. didn't promise good competition.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could care less about the 2013 season.....They could sign Jamarcus Russell for all I care...

Tank it up this season, eat the stupid Contracts Tanny made, cut your ties next season, and build through the draft. Hopefully our tanking efforts leads us to Teddy Bridgewater (If he ends up being the top QB prospect) or That animal Jadeveon Clowney......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Some fans here thought Drew Stanton was good with his 5 tds and 9 picks.. What's the difference with Quinn then with 12 tds and 17 picks??