Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggs: EVERYONE hates the Pats

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suggs stuck it to the Patriots...plain and simple....refreshing to see.....you can harp about titles and all but since spygate the Steelers and Giants have won two superbowls.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Of course everyone hates the Pats, all they do is win.

Over the last decade, no team in the NFL has more regular season wins, playoff wins, Division titles, Conference championships and Super Bowl titles than the Patriots.

Funny how the bar is set that if the Pats don't win a Super Bowl title every year they are considered "losers".

Hell, Jets fans do backflips when they finish 8-8 announce, "Yes, another year without a losing record!"

Hatred is nothing more than the most extreme form of jealousy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I went to the univ of Florida....I HATE florida state.....I am in no way jealous of them.....don't generalize a group if they use the word HATE when it comes to sports....I have been a Yankees fan sinc 1975....many hate the Yankees...some its jealousy...others its just a dislike for the team....the Pats to me is a team that has dominated our division...I do not like them, but I never use the word hate...not liking them and enjoy seeing them fizz out in the playoffs is enough for me.
    Then you are the exception.

The reason the majority of Jets fans hate the Pats is because they win.

Do you think many Jets fans hated the Pats in the late '80's-early '90's when they were going 1-15 and 2-12?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suggs stuck it to the Patriots...plain and simple....refreshing to see.....you can harp about titles and all but since spygate the Steelers and Giants have won two superbowls.
    And what were the Giants and Steelers doing last year during the NFL playoffs?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were watching the Patriots get handled by the Ravens....bottom line goal is to win the superbowl....say what you want but they have two titles since your last one in 2004.....that actually means something Tex......thats like the falcons going 12-4 every year then getting bounced out of the playoffs. The media picks the Patriots to win it all pretty much every year.....last I saw its been other teams winning it.

And what were the Giants and Steelers doing last year during the NFL playoffs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think many Jets fans hated the Pats in the late '80's-early '90's when they were going 1-15 and 2-12?
    I don't think Suggs is a Jet fan, or jealous of the Pats. Everyone hates the Pats because they are just a slimy, smug, ingenuous unfeeling organization. They would do anything to win. They are like the Archetype for the teams everyone loves to see get their due in sports movies. Thank God they have followed the script, and lost to the more human team every time in recent memory.

Btw you never answered my question. Those who do not win are called what?
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 02-28-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point and many say the same thing about my Yankees....and my Gators...I wear my gator colors and fly my gator flag on my cars on a regular basis here in Orlando.....many people tend to hate success....I'm not like that. My wife is from Boston...she is a die hard Patriots-Red Sox-Celtics-Boston college fan.....I'm from NYC...Yankees-Jets-Knicks since 1975 and the Florida Gators years before I went to school there.....when I am at her parents house in Boston it's hilarious the jabbing going on...at the end of the day we all still love each other. Sports is the ultimate outlet....frustration, elation etc but for me there is a line that I draw....it's why I don't get bent out of shape like some fans...being like that also does not make me less of a fan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since Spygate after they lost their cheaters edge. Not hard when you know the opponents called plays are.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point and many say the same thing about my Yankees....and my Gators...I wear my gator colors and fly my gator flag on my cars on a regular basis here in Orlando.....many people tend to hate success....I'm not like that. My wife is from Boston...she is a die hard Patriots-Red Sox-Celtics-Boston college fan.....I'm from NYC...Yankees-Jets-Knicks since 1975 and the Florida Gators years before I went to school there.....when I am at her parents house in Boston it's hilarious the jabbing going on...at the end of the day we all still love each other. Sports is the ultimate outlet....frustration, elation etc but for me there is a line that I draw....it's why I don't get bent out of shape like some fans...being like that also does not make me less of a fan.
    Good post my friend.

BTW, when the Pats and the Jets play at the same time, who gets the big screen TV, you or your wife?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be honest....she wins....I bought a 64 inch for the living room and we have a 42 inch in the bedroom....the great thing is when we are here in orlando or in Boston...I'm wearing my Yankees hat...she her Red Sox and here we are walking hand in hand...we always get comments...my response is "if a red sox and a yankee fan can be married...anything is possible!" I'm also 6'0 220 lbs and she is 4'11!!! Yeah people stare!! We love it!

Good post my friend.

BTW, when the Pats and the Jets play at the same time, who gets the big screen TV, you or your wife?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    I wrote this on another message board around 2005, and I think it fits perfectly here. I like to call it Lovable Pats Fans...

I remember the old days. Back when the Boston Patriots came to be and we were a part of the birth of the AFL and Pats fans were everybody's pals. Oh boy, did other team’s fans just looooove Pats fans back then. Why not though? Their teams got to kick the crap out of ours on Sundays.

Then came the 76 team, and a chance to get out of the shadow of futility, but damn, we didn't, mostly thanks to a grand theft by Ben Dreith in Oakland. Then again in 85 (three road playoff wins and a SB loss to the best defense that I’ve seen) and 96 (Tunagate) we had chances to get that elusive title of winner that never seemed to come our way. For one reason or another, it just didn't happen. No shame though. We lost to some great teams. But through it all, we the Pats fans were still sooooo damn lovable. We still had that going for us. They all liked us.

Finally, out of nowhere, here comes the 2001 New England Patriots. Yes! The Pats did it, they finally did it! They actually did win a SB, and, on top of it all, Pats fans were still lovable. Imagine that? They STILL loved us after all these years, even when our team won.

Then it happened. Almost overnight our team became a dynasty. We had three SB wins in four years, and then, as if by magic, we weren’t so lovable any more. Now that our team wasn’t the NFL’s laughingstock, Pats fans were considered too cocky, arrogant and a whole host of other things, but certainly not lovable, not any more. That’s for damn sure.

My how times have changed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the patsies because:

-Brady is girlie man in Uggs & is a total p*ssy

-Belichick is an a-hole and a dick weed

-They are Div rivals, win or lose (always hated them, always will)

- patsie fans are red sox fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    can also be written for the Steelers in the 70's and the cowboys in the 90's....many are glad the pats have not won it since 2004....my steeler buddy makes it a point to bring up his two recent rings if he hears a Patriots fan call themselves a dynasty when they have not won it in 8 years. Patriots have that magical 3 superbowl run....now they are a solid team that makes the post season every year.but no one considers them a dynasty these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I wrote this on another message board around 2005, and I think it fits perfectly here. I like to call it Lovable Pats Fans...

I remember the old days. Back when the Boston Patriots came to be and we were a part of the birth of the AFL and Pats fans were everybody's pals. Oh boy, did other team’s fans just looooove Pats fans back then. Why not though? Their teams got to kick the crap out of ours on Sundays.

Then came the 76 team, and a chance to get out of the shadow of futility, but damn, we didn't, mostly thanks to a grand theft by Ben Dreith in Oakland. Then again in 85 (three road playoff wins and a SB loss to the best defense that I’ve seen) and 96 (Tunagate) we had chances to get that elusive title of winner that never seemed to come our way. For one reason or another, it just didn't happen. No shame though. We lost to some great teams. But through it all, we the Pats fans were still sooooo damn lovable. We still had that going for us. They all liked us.

Finally, out of nowhere, here comes the 2001 New England Patriots. Yes! The Pats did it, they finally did it! They actually did win a SB, and, on top of it all, Pats fans were still lovable. Imagine that? They STILL loved us after all these years, even when our team won.

Then it happened. Almost overnight our team became a dynasty. We had three SB wins in four years, and then, as if by magic, we weren’t so lovable any more. Now that our team wasn’t the NFL’s laughingstock, Pats fans were considered too cocky, arrogant and a whole host of other things, but certainly not lovable, not any more. That’s for damn sure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I don't think Suggs is a Jet fan, or jealous of the Pats. Everyone hates the Pats because they are just a slimy, smug, ingenuous unfeeling organization. They would do anything to win. They are like the Archetype for the teams everyone loves to see get their due in sports movies. Thank God they have followed the script, and lost to the more human team every time in recent memory.

Btw you never answered my question. Those who do not win are called what?
    exactly. TX thinks it's only because the Pats have a good W-L record for the past decade regardless of their inability to win a championship in the absence of cheating. Fact is, the Pats are hated because they are viewed as DISHONEST, CHEATERS, ARROGANT, DISRESPECTFUL OF THE REST OF THE LEAGUE, and with a headcoach who has proven he is a despicable human being (marital cheating and more).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

somewhere after "Then it happened", you have to mention cheating... just saying. sorry.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the point of the NFL to be liked?

Alert me when they award "Most Liked Team" next year.
    Last edited by FF2®; 02-28-2013 at 09:21 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Is the point of the NFL to be liked?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hatred is nothing more than the most extreme form of jealousy.
    you hate Hitler don't you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    you hate Hitler don't you?
    Adolph or Brian?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How could you not hate someone who is a multiple Superbowl Champion of recent memory, who is accused of cheating related to those Superbowls and beyond, covered up by the commissioner in many people's interpretation and understanding of the situation when they were caught, and continues to have success all the way up until today?

If you're not a Pats fan, you hate them.

I wish teams hated the Jets like that. Instead they just laugh at the Jets.

I laugh too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    How could you not hate someone who is a multiple Superbowl Champion of recent memory, who is accused of cheating related to those Superbowls and beyond, covered up by the commissioner in many people's interpretation and understanding of the situation when they were caught, and continues to have success all the way up until today?

If you're not a Pats fan, you hate them.

I wish teams hated the Jets like that. Instead they just laugh at the Jets.

I laugh too.
    They haven't won any superbowls recently, but everyone still acts like they win all the time. That's a lot of the reason people hate them, and love to see them lose. Thankfully it won't be long now until Brady retires, or diminishes, and they can go back to being lousy, but people will hate them long after that happens.