Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggs: EVERYONE hates the Pats

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Then you are the exception.

The reason the majority of Jets fans hate the Pats is because they win.

Do you think many Jets fans hated the Pats in the late '80's-early '90's when they were going 1-15 and 2-12?
    It's generational TX. I hate the Dolphins, and have always hated them, no matter what their record is. Period.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    And most of you are missing Suggs’ point anyway. It’s not about them winning, it’s about HOW they won. Favoritism and cheating. What fun is being a winner when you didn’t legitimately win?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    NFL recordbooks say different.

Who is the one in denial here?
    The record books definitely show the Patriots as Super Bowl Champions.

The record books also show them as proven cheaters.

The record books additionally show them as not having won a Super Bowl after having been caught and punished for cheating.

That is probably the point of that post.

But you knew that already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    when the Pats win a championship sans cheating, I'll be happy to acknowledge their perceived "greatness". Until such time, yup... the Pats were pretty good but nothing special. Right Tx?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    The record books definitely show the Patriots as Super Bowl Champions.

The record books also show them as proven cheaters.

The record books additionally show them as not having won a Super Bowl after having been caught and punished for cheating.
    Do the record books also show the Broncos getting fined $750,000 and losing multiple draft picks when they circumvented the salary cap during their Super Bowl winning seasons?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the record books also show the Broncos getting fined $750,000 and losing multiple draft picks when they circumvented the salary cap during their Super Bowl winning seasons?
    False equivalence is the argument dejure of the 2010s.

Sereptitiously videotaping an opponent's signals and walkthroughs in order to get a specific in-game advantage is not the same as doing fuzzy accounting to pay players on the roster.

If you want to call them both cheating, then they are cheating in completely different things. One is cheating the economic system while the other is cheating in the game itself.

It's the difference between stealing money so you can play poker and using a hidden camera to see a player's cards during the poker game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    A. Your Point #1 is true and recorded in NFL record books..

B. NFL records for #2 ? Please show us where this is pointed out. Not sure the NFL record books show steroid use for Steelers either during their run of SB wins.

C. You're correct for #3 accusation. Pats haven't won a SB since being fined for filming from an unapproved location

As far as Patriots filming walkthroughs:

"Former Patriots employee Matt Walsh met with National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell for more than three hours at league headquarters, and Goodell said afterward that no new corroborated information was revealed about the team's videotaping procedures. In addition, Goodell found no evidence that the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice before Super Bowl XXXVI was filmed by the Patriots, as the Boston Herald reported Feb. 2, citing an anonymous source."

In today's editions, the Herald acknowledged its error and issued a front-page apology for running the story without adequate verification.

Filming opposing teams signals isn't unauthorized by NFL rules, but you knew that.
    Last edited by Spectre; 03-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats a GREAT franchise. Just not as great as they and their fans believe.

As long as the years continue to roll by without a SB in the non cheating era .... There will always be the stigma of the '*'.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    False equivalence is the argument dejure of the 2010s.

Sereptitiously videotaping an opponent's signals and walkthroughs in order to get a specific in-game advantage is not the same as doing fuzzy accounting to pay players on the roster.

If you want to call them both cheating, then they are cheating in completely different things. One is cheating the economic system while the other is cheating in the game itself.

It's the difference between stealing money so you can play poker and using a hidden camera to see a player's cards during the poker game.
    What team was ever caught taping walk-throughs?

And stop using fancy words.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but the Cheats didn't cheat. I love calling them the Cheats as a nick name but I draw the line there because otherwise i'll have to discredit the whole of the NFL and sport I love just to bash on an AFC East rival.

The Patriots got caught filming one of our practices. You cannot connect the dots between filming a practice in 2007 and discrediting an entire football Dynasty with 3 lombardi's, especially since they came a hair away from going 19-0 after this all went down.

Are you saying the Patriots knew every play another team would call, had binders of precise counter-plays, call these plays, play after play after play, and the entire team understood this and all of these counter-plays? It's all just bogus and ridiculous.

I'm more reserved about them now but I used to despise the Patriots and I despised them because all they did was steamroll everyone and then their loudmouth arrogant fans made a weekly ritual of rubbing as much salt in everyones wounds as possible. Not because they were running a Dr. Evil campaign to win illegitimate Superbowls from some evil Kraft lair.

Suggs has been beaten by Brady about 8 times. He's only won about 3 times, 2 of them coming this year.

Thats why he hates the Patriots.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What team was ever caught taping walk-throughs?

And stop using fancy words.

I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hatred is nothing more than the most extreme form of jealousy.
    Untrue. No one here is jealous of you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    [/B]

I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
    PatsFanFredo?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold.../dp/0985467002

Everyone who has an interest in this chapter of NFL hx should read this book. This is all public data and info put together. Some interesting tidbits are: the author could not get any of the investigators that were on the scene to interview. No one would interview with this guy. The NFL has closed ranks on this episode. Also when the investigators collected the information and records Goodell didn't even review them personally. He had the records burned on site!!! Finally he does some interesting statistical correlations of the PATs success that were statistical anomalies for that period of time. The greatest crime that Goodell made was not revealing what they had and having objective people review it fror public consumption - it creates more mystery and skepticism.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    The Pats a GREAT franchise. Just not as great as they and their fans believe.

As long as the years continue to roll by without a SB in the non cheating era .... There will always be the stigma of the '*'.
    Where are these imaginary "*" marks I don't see them anywhere but on message boards from rival fans. Before the game you see the 3 trophies all there and shiny and everything and i don't see and marks on them at all. I think you should write the commissioner right away an rectify that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    PatsFanFredo?

Yep, every time I see him post that's who I think of...

He's our Fredo.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold.../dp/0985467002

Everyone who has an interest in this chapter of NFL hx should read this book. This is all public data and info put together. Some interesting tidbits are: the author could not get any of the investigators that were on the scene to interview. No one would interview with this guy. The NFL has closed ranks on this episode. Also when the investigators collected the information and records Goodell didn't even review them personally. He had the records burned on site!!! Finally he does some interesting statistical correlations of the PATs success that were statistical anomalies for that period of time. The greatest crime that Goodell made was not revealing what they had and having objective people review it fror public consumption - it creates more mystery and skepticism.
    It's like the mystery shooter on the grassy knoll. Every football fan wants to know the story. Mystery sells books.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ret/?page=full

"In 2002, Adams collaborated with Belichick on his best-known contribution, a plan to help the Patriots upset the high-scoring, heavily favored Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI for the first championship in the franchise's 42-year history. The strategy, based on research that showed the Rams' offense revolved excessively around running back Marshall Faulk, called for the Patriots to attack Faulk on virtually every play."

Final score: Patriots 20, Rams 17.
    Last edited by Spectre; 03-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    summary in 53 seasons of play in the AFL and the NFL the Boston/New England/Foxboro Patriots playing at Boston University Field, Fenway Park, Sullivan Stadium and the dump with a one lane road in and out have, without CHEATING

won a grand total of ZERO league championships

THE PERFECT FRANCHISE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, i know a few NFL fans not just Jets fans that are going to Canton when Brady gets inducted and we are all going to shout ....CHEATERRR CHEATERRR and ruin his moment until we get kicked out by security....so Pats fans set your DVR's now....we are on a mission to ruin his day because of Barry Bonds isnt in the MLB hall of fame for cheating.....Brady should be no exception.

WE CANNOT WAIT!!!! we will be internet heroes!!!! Hahahahhahahahahaha

The best part....we are going to be wearing Patriots gear that day. Hahahahaha

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Again, i know a few NFL fans not just Jets fans that are going to Canton when Brady gets inducted and we are all going to shout ....CHEATERRR CHEATERRR and ruin his moment until we get kicked out by security....so Pats fans set your DVR's now....we are on a mission to ruin his day because of Barry Bonds isnt in the MLB hall of fame for cheating.....Brady should be no exception.

WE CANNOT WAIT!!!! we will be internet heroes!!!! Hahahahhahahahahaha

The best part....we are going to be wearing Patriots gear that day. Hahahahaha
    That's awseome, you realize you will be grown up by then though don't you.