Thread: Random NFL Related Info--Feb 28th

Random NFL Related Info--Feb 28th

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
    2009 2nd-round pick Pat White, waived after 1 year w/ @MiamiDolphins, will work out at WVU pro day on 3/14. Wants back in @NFL as QB

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
    2009 2nd-round pick Pat White, waived after 1 year w/ @MiamiDolphins, will work out at WVU pro day on 3/14. Wants back in @NFL as QB
    Pat White should have gone up to the CFL and used that as a way to get back to the NFL if he could.

He should've used that time to get on the JaMarcus Russell diet or used some HGH or something to put some lbs on his frame. I think he can excell in the Pistol type offense

Hall Of Fame
    I am not sure why there isnt more articles about the real cap hell the Saints are in. They have a legit sh***y situation. It is kind of funny how Brees now acts like he is so concerned about the Saints when he held them hostage not even a year ago..LOL. Look at his cap numbers for the next several years, 17.4, 18.4, 26.4, 27.4. How much can you push out to future years???

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure why there isnt more articles about the real cap hell the Saints are in. They have a legit sh***y situation. It is kind of funny how Brees now acts like he is so concerned about the Saints when he held them hostage not even a year ago..LOL. Look at his cap numbers for the next several years, 17.4, 18.4, 26.4, 27.4. How much can you push out to future years???
    Go to Jason's site, overthecap.com

He just put an article up last night. They're really screwed, especially in 2014.

They just restructured all these guys that just signed last year and aren't young.. Grubbs, Colston, etc.

NFL Network talking about Steven Jackson (RB - Rams FA) going to the Falcons.

Now, I don't want him as a Jet, but no mention of Shonn Greene to the Falcons.

Greene to Denver?

His options are not many.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Go to Jason's site, overthecap.com

He just put an article up last night. They're really screwed, especially in 2014.

They just restructured all these guys that just signed last year and aren't young.. Grubbs, Colston, etc.
    Wow, in 2014 they have only 39 guys signed for $127 million dollars and a TON of dead money if they decide to cut guys...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    NFL Network talking about Steven Jackson (RB - Rams FA) going to the Falcons.

Now, I don't want him as a Jet, but no mention of Shonn Greene to the Falcons.

Greene to Denver?

His options are not many.
    I don't think we could get him at a price that would work with the cap. SJ does have a few miles on him yes. I still think he does have a couple monster years left in him though. I would love to see him in green short term.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Per @EdBouchette, the #Steelers have restructured QB Ben Roethlisberger's contract, clearing $3 million in cap space for 2013.

RT @EdBouchette: Little math challenged. Ben's redone deal clears nearly $6 M in cap space for #Steelers
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-28-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I don't think we could get him at a price that would work with the cap. SJ does have a few miles on him yes. I still think he does have a couple monster years left in him though. I would love to see him in green short term.
    He'll be 30 in July and has about 700 more carries the Cory Dillon did when he went to the Pats at the same age..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He'll be 30 in July and has about 700 more carries the Cory Dillon did when he went to the Pats at the same age..
    I like that comparison. People get tied up in the age of RBs. But what really matters is the mileage. That 700 carries is basically 2 seasons.

Let the outcry begin--you know because it's a workout--and no connection to Lal:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Confirmed that former Raiders WR Thomas Mayo is working out with the #Jets today. #nyj

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...mp-depth-chart

Tony's writeup..Sounds like a WCO WR

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...rs/135399.html
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Sounds like the #Chargers are heading toward releasing veteran DT Antonio Garay, per source. Due $3.5M in 2013. DE for a 3-4 team

I thought he was more of a NT for a 3-4?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Sounds like the #Chargers are heading toward releasing veteran DT Antonio Garay, per source. Due $3.5M in 2013. DE for a 3-4 team

I thought he was more of a NT for a 3-4?
    He was a NT. From New Jersey as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Amen. RT @toddarcher People need to stop thinking free agency is the cure all for Cowboys or all teams. Draft is better way to get better.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Here's the thing about free agency -- The guys out there are, by definition, not core players. Very few exceptions to that rule.

@Gil_Brandt: Teams will want to see OT Terron Armstead, who blew up at the combine, try out at tight end at Ark.-Pine Bluff pro day. Might end up there.

@RapSheet: Sources: The @NFL salary cap has been sent to clubs. It is set at $123 million. Up from $120.6M

@JasonLaCanfora: Over weekend I reported 2013 cap would rise - at least $122.5M and as high as $123M. It is $123M, up about $1.5M, significant for many teams

@RichCimini: Cap higher than expected, $123.9 million, per @mortreport. That'll help #Jets, who should be between $8M to $9M under.