Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 349

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

  1. #181
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not true. How soon people forget the number of 4th qtr comeback wins he lead in '10, including at Indy in the playoffs. And he didn't **** the bed in 1 of his 6 playoff games, all on the road.

    Yes, he sucked in 2012 but so did the whole damn O. People *****ed all season about how poor the WRs and RBs were but its all the QBs fault? Where is the '12 OC? QB Coach? Now can Mornhenwig straighten him out? We'll find out. If not, he's gone in '14. But don't say he hasn't done ****. It's an ignorant comment.
    Thank You !!!. This has been my contention all along. Sanchez hasn't had a competent Qb coach or an OC or a real offensive scheme that focused on his strengths. And we all know our HC certainly wasn't focusing his time on the offensive side of things. He may still suck this year under Mornhinweg and the WCO but he also may flourish. Despite the wild hate on this board he has talent , can his confidence and game be resurrected - we will see.

  2. #182
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    If the best the Jets are going to do is Quinn or Garrard to compete with Sanchez, why not let Tebow stay and compete?


    and there you have it...and he actually covers football for a living.


    Totally agree, C Mart.

    I responded back to Brian and said, "Will Quinn/Garrard have a mega press conference when they sign? Will 50% of the coaches' press conference questions during the year be devoted to Quinn/Garrard?"

    Maybe I'm giving Brian the benefit of the doubt here, but I think he wasn't being serious and was just trying to stir the pot for replies/attention.

  3. #183
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez may have 'looked better' years ago, but he was still an inaccurate turnover machine. it's not like his completion percentage started out at 65% and steadily decreased to 55%. and it's not like he fumbled 3 times his rookie year and threw 10 picks, which steadily increased over the past 3 years. when he entered the nfl he was more confident in his abilities. as the games wore on and he kept turning it over, getting sacked, making mistakes and having the defense bail him out, he lost confidence in himself. he wasn't on usc anymore and the differential in aggregate team talent couldn't mask his deficiencies. sanchez would have failed on any nfl team.
    35...love you as a poster, but you are the ring-leader for the "Jets never draft Offense" camp, and yet you don't think the Jets Organization had something to do with Sanchez' bad 2012 season?

    Here are the Jets Offensive 1st and 2nd round draft picks since 2002:

    Brick
    Mangold
    Sanchez
    Keller
    Ducasse
    Hill

    "sanchez would have failed on any nfl team."
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 03-01-2013 at 12:01 PM.

  4. #184
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why you guys insist on doing an exhaustive Post-Mordem on Sanchez is beyond me. You'll never come up with a definitive cause of his demise. All you need to understand is;

    Mark's Done.

    Definitely in NY. Probably as an NFL starter.

    It doesn't matter if he plays well for a few games 2013, too much has happened. We can never go back to pretending like 2011-2012 didn't happen.

    He's like a powder-keg waiting to explode. The second he does have a bad game, it's going to all come back. Nothing short of a superbowl, manning-esque season could save Mark.

    David Garrard is the smartest thing this franchise has done so far this offseason.

  5. #185
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    35...love you as a poster, but you are the ring-leader for the "Jets never draft Offense" camp, and yet you don't think the Jets Organization had something to do with Sanchez' bad 2012 season?

    Here are the Jets Offensive 1st and 2nd round draft picks since 2002:

    Brick
    Mangold
    Sanchez
    Keller
    Ducasse
    Hill

    "sanchez would have failed on any nfl team."
    Hmmmm

    Here are the Giants Offensive 1st and 2nd round draft picks since picking Eli

    Hakeem Nicks
    David Wilson
    Reuben Randle
    Steve Smith
    Sinorice Moss
    Chris Snee

    For further reference here are the offensive 1st and 2nd round draft picks the Saints have made since acquiring brees

    Nick Toon
    Mark Ingram
    Charles Brown
    Robert Meachem
    Reggie Bush

    Everyone needs to stop blaming our picks/personnel for sanchez sucking. Good QBs MAKE THE PLAYERS AROUND THEM BETTER. Our QB brings his entire team down with him into the crapper.

    I think greene is a below avg back, but was a back to back 1000 yard rusher, something that green bay hasnt had in 5+ years. We signed a veteran pass catching 3rd down back (future HOF btw). We signed TWO former 1000 yard receivers in holmes and braylon - perfect complementary players as one was a big down field threat and one is/was an underneath route runner. We drafted him a receiving TE and have a 3 probowlers on the offensive line.

    He didnt complete 60% of his passes when it was chasni stuckey and cotchery and he didnt complete 60% when it was braylon and holmes.

    He didnt complete 60% of his passes when we led the league in rushing.

    He turned the ball over 26 times when he had greene, LT, a healthy keller and a healthy holmes.

    He turned the ball over 26 times when we lost keller and holmes.

    His numbers have been consistent across the board - and they are BAD. Its on HIM!

  6. #186
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Why you guys insist on doing an exhaustive Post-Mordem on Sanchez is beyond me. You'll never come up with a definitive cause of his demise. All you need to understand is;

    Mark's Done.

    Definitely in NY. Probably as an NFL starter.

    It doesn't matter if he plays well for a few games 2013, too much has happened. We can never go back to pretending like 2011-2012 didn't happen.

    He's like a powder-keg waiting to explode. The second he does have a bad game, it's going to all come back. Nothing short of a superbowl, manning-esque season could save Mark.

    David Garrard is the smartest thing this franchise has done so far this offseason.
    Alex Smith says Hi..Its funny what proper, competent coaching & development can do for some..and please don't say Smith sucks because since Harbaugh came aboard it isn't true

  7. #187
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    35...love you as a poster, but you are the ring-leader for the "Jets never draft Offense" camp, and yet you don't think the Jets Organization had something to do with Sanchez' bad 2012 season?

    Here are the Jets Offensive 1st and 2nd round draft picks since 2002:

    Brick
    Mangold
    Sanchez
    Keller
    Ducasse
    Hill

    "sanchez would have failed on any nfl team."
    since the jets drafted sanchez (since the beginning of rex's tenure), there has not been one clear vision on how to build the franchise. they traded up for a qb, giving the impression they were committed to building a high-powered offense to compete with the others in the nfl. then rex effectivelly neutered him by convincing him that the best way the team can win is if the qb doesn't mess things up. they get braylon, then let him go. they cut cotch, bring in plax then let him walk. they bring in LT for a year. the offense is in a constant state of flux. no wonder they can't score.

    yet, despite the team's increasing difficulty in scoring, they continued to invest 1st round picks on defense. wilson, wilk and coples. they traded a 2nd for cro. unless i'm wrong here, in the past 3 drafts, the only two 1st/2nd rounders they used on offense were ducasse and hill. if you consider how much offensive skill position talent has been drafted in the past 3 drafts with picks after the jets have picked, it's really sickening. no wonder they can't score.

    four years ago, the jets drafted sanchez and it looked like the team was headed in the right direction. fast foward to today, and we're about to sign david garrard, may sign brady quinn and may not even be able to trade our best player b/c of his injury and insane contract demands. holmes is injured, keller may leave and greene is likely gone. not only that, but they may need two guards and desperately need another RT to groom. worse, they have the #9 pick in a year in which there's poor qb, wr and rb talent at the top. this offense is a complete mess, and they still have glaring holes on defense as well.

    and despite all this, it doesn't explain all of sanchez's fumbles, interceptions, inaccuracy on short/intermediate throws and inability to read defenses. these have been present since the beginning of his rookie season.
    Last edited by augustiniak; 03-01-2013 at 12:27 PM.

  8. #188
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Alex Smith says Hi..Its funny what proper, competent coaching & development can do for some..and please don't say Smith sucks because since Harbaugh came aboard it isn't true
    Smith is far from suck, but I think you're (unintentionally) underrating how good of a coach Jim Harbaugh is. The guy is basically Bill Belichick without the rings. The gap in coaching ability from Belichick/Harbaugh to the rest of the pack is stark.

  9. #189
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Alex Smith says Hi..Its funny what proper, competent coaching & development can do for some..and please don't say Smith sucks because since Harbaugh came aboard it isn't true
    Don't be Naive... Smith isn't Sanchez. SF isn't NY. Alex doesn't EVEN play for the 49ers anymore. Smith lasted 1 season as a starter for Harbaugh. He will always be the exception (and a poor one), never the rule.

    Understand its not personal. It's not how hard you hate or love Mark anymore. What's done is done, and so is his time as the viable future of the Jets.

  10. #190
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Smith is far from suck, but I think you're (unintentionally) underrating how good of a coach Jim Harbaugh is. The guy is basically Bill Belichick without the rings. The gap in coaching ability from Belichick/Harbaugh to the rest of the pack is stark.
    Kind of thought I implied that..I said good, competent coaching & development..Now it seems you are indicating thats not strong enough and no problem here...the point is what can potentially happen with good, competent coaching & development, which IMO applies to Mornhenwig..as opposed to the genius Sparano...

  11. #191
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Don't be Naive... Smith isn't Sanchez. SF isn't NY. Alex doesn't EVEN play for the 49ers anymore. Smith lasted 1 season as a starter for Harbaugh. He will always be the exception (and a poor one), never the rule.

    Understand its not personal. It's not how hard you hate or love Mark anymore. What's done is done, and so is his time as the viable future of the Jets.
    I guess Savage is naive too since he pointed out Vinnie T's success once Parcells got hold of him..

  12. #192
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Kind of thought I implied that..I said good, competent coaching & development..Now it seems you are indicating thats not strong enough and no problem here...the point is what can potentially happen with good, competent coaching & development, which IMO applies to Mornhenwig..as opposed to the genius Sparano...
    Ok, my apologies.

    I guess my point is that the supply of competent QB developers is incredibly small. It's the hardest thing to do (as a coach).

    You could argue McCarthy "developed" Aaron Rodgers, but he was unable to develop Smith while in SF.

  13. #193
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Ok, my apologies.

    I guess my point is that the supply of competent QB developers is incredibly small. It's the hardest thing to do (as a coach).

    You could argue McCarthy "developed" Aaron Rodgers, but he was unable to develop Smith while in SF.
    No apologies necessary but thanks...I think we're speaking the same language here..Where do you place Mornhenwig?

    McCarthy only had 1 year with Smith, and it was his rookie year...

  14. #194
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Thank You !!!. This has been my contention all along. Sanchez hasn't had a competent Qb coach or an OC or a real offensive scheme that focused on his strengths. And we all know our HC certainly wasn't focusing his time on the offensive side of things. He may still suck this year under Mornhinweg and the WCO but he also may flourish. Despite the wild hate on this board he has talent , can his confidence and game be resurrected - we will see.
    What are his strengths? Inaccurate ,rattled in the pocket, bad decision maker etc. I don't believe that there are people around here that think this guy can lead the Jets to a championship.

  15. #195
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Previous years the Jets did everything possible, actually went out of their way to not bring in any competition and have the worst possible backup alternative, this is real progress, even if these guys are jags.
    This is competition? LOL

  16. #196
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    What are his strengths? Inaccurate ,rattled in the pocket, bad decision maker etc. I don't believe that there are people around here that think this guy can lead the Jets to a championship.
    His strengths are quick short/intermediate routes , rolling out throwing on the run,moving pocket etc.. all the things a WCO is conducive to. This is the offense he was effective with at USC and it befuddles me why stubborn Rex never implemented or mandated an offensive system that fit these traits.

    The inaccuracy , decision making , pocket presence are all a residue of a offensive system (G&P) that could only succeed with a dominant Oline and running game. When those necessities dissapperared the O turned to dog****. We can blame Sanchez all we want , the root cause of the inept offense the past two years is Rex's stubborness on running G&P combined with the mismatch of offensive components to run it. Can Sanchez lead the Jets to a championship , I truly believe no one can answer that as we've never seen what he is truly capable of. Mornhinweg and the WCO is at least a step in the right direction , let's see how it plays out.

  17. #197
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, why are people down on this? He would have been Miami's starter last year had it not been for injury in camp. We're not going anywhere this year, and he's not bad for a stopgap. Everyone needs to quit thinking we're going to sign some super rare mega franchise QB off FA, cause it's not going to happen.
    I was big before on this man being used as our QB. People act like Montanna is just waiting for us to pick up. This isn't FF.

    People are insane.

    Good Grief

  18. #198
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I was big before on this man being used as our QB. People act like Montanna is just waiting for us to pick up. This isn't FF.

    People are insane.

    Good Grief
    He was by far the best FA QB out there. I am not shy about being right but I called this for the jets last November. It is a perfect fit- cheap, a winner and a good guy. When the jets draft somebody there is going to be a QB on this team for him to lean on and learn from, not a Brunnel that was hear to keep himself out of bankruptcy court.

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    His strengths are quick short/intermediate routes , rolling out throwing on the run,moving pocket etc.. all the things a WCO is conducive to. This is the offense he was effective with at USC and it befuddles me why stubborn Rex never implemented or mandated an offensive system that fit these traits.

    The inaccuracy , decision making , pocket presence are all a residue of a offensive system (G&P) that could only succeed with a dominant Oline and running game. When those necessities dissapperared the O turned to dog****. We can blame Sanchez all we want , the root cause of the inept offense the past two years is Rex's stubborness on running G&P combined with the mismatch of offensive components to run it. Can Sanchez lead the Jets to a championship , I truly believe no one can answer that as we've never seen what he is truly capable of. Mornhinweg and the WCO is at least a step in the right direction , let's see how it plays out.
    While rolling out is one of sanchez's "strengths" he is one of the most horrendus screen pass QBs I have ever seen. He has zero feel for when to throw it and has wound up with MULTIPLE INTs to defensive lineman when trying to execute screens. Screen passes happen to be a staple of MMs offense.

    Oh, and he has zero tough when throwing to RBs as his outlet. Greene didnt have great hands, but sanchez loved to drill it right at him (see poor pocket presence and lack of football game feel) all the time.

  20. #200
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    35...love you as a poster, but you are the ring-leader for the "Jets never draft Offense" camp, and yet you don't think the Jets Organization had something to do with Sanchez' bad 2012 season?

    Here are the Jets Offensive 1st and 2nd round draft picks since 2002:

    Brick
    Mangold
    Sanchez
    Keller
    Ducasse
    Hill

    "sanchez would have failed on any nfl team."
    agree about Sanchez!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us