Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, + infinity

My biggest problem with many of the younger generation fans
    LOL, this is Garrard, not Vinny. He's been off the radar for a couple of years because he hasn't played a significant season in a couple of years. The 24-year olds remember Garrard as an average, injured QB for the Jags who chose Blaine Gabbert over him in 2010. Not exactly a generational appreciation issue.

Do you want David 1 headslap away frm dearheadlightzout or would u rather draft some1 like EJ Manuel.?

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I'm giving Idzak a pass on this quarter back situation. The cap situation is horrendous and there is no way the Jets can afford a real NFL QB. So we will settle for Gerard and perhaps Quinn. It will be interesting to see if they draft one, but this class isn't great. Sanchez will be the starting QB on opening day. Another season gone down the tubes---Lets just hope that the guy can turn this chaotic mess around.
    +100000000000000000000000

Total pass this year ....

Saddled with Buttchez, Holmes, Rex ... Has to figure Revis out, No LBs, no WRs, no OGs ... Probably no Keller..... Salary Cap Hell...

Total pass from this year .... It's an impossible situation.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 03-03-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    +100000000000000000000000

Total pass this year ....

Saddled with Buttchez, Holmes, Rex ... Has to figure Revis out, No LBs, no WRs, no OGs ... Probably no Keller..... Salary Cap Hell...

Total pass from this year .... It's an impossible situation.
    You are 100% correct.

Why people don't realize that the Jets dont just have one problem but multiple problems amazes me.

It is as if because Rex said we had great talent somehow makes it so. Folks are still believing the hype instead of their own eyes.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are 100% correct.

Why people don't realize that the Jets dont just have one problem but multiple problems amazes me.

It is as if because Rex said we had great talent somehow makes it so. Folks are still believing the hype instead of their own eyes.....
    Granted we have problems but so did the 1-15 Fins after the 2007 season. It's not impossible that after the draft and the Revis situation resolves that the team could be competitive this year.. I'm just not a doom and gloom fan I guess..

LOL.

I can't help but laugh at people talking up Garrard. Everyone knows who Garrard is, the problem is HE HAS NOT TAKEN A SNAP IN AN NFL GAME SINCE DECEMBER 26, 2010.

Let me say it again:

December 26, 2010.

And he was going to win the Miami job? Based on what? A week of TC? They never even played in a Preseason game before he was out for the season. Tannehill would have gotten the job as the Preseason progressed. But we'll never know for sure because he once again got HURT.

And why? By choice? Wrong. Because he had a BACK INJURY, followed by a KNEE INJURY. And he's 35 years old.

And he's the answer?

If we are getting the 2006 version of Garrard, awesome, sign me up, but to BLINDLY say he's better than someone who was actually able to STAY ON THE FIELD the past two years is just ... dumb.
    Last edited by 124; 03-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.

garrard is washed up. as mentioned he hasnt played since 2010 lets leave it that way as far as the jets are concerned. i want competition for sanchez not brunell like scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    garrard is washed up. as mentioned he hasnt played since 2010 lets leave it that way as far as the jets are concerned. i want competition for sanchez not brunell like scrubs.
    Exactly.

He is Mark Brunell. He is no competition. He is old, washed up and unlike Brunell even, he hasn't played in two years other than a few TC practices, in which he further hurt himself.

No more old bones.

They want Quinn? Fine. Not my cup of tea, but fine. Obviously Moore isn't an option if you're bringing in Quinn and Garrard, but instead of Quinn and Garrard how about Quinn and Jason Campbell or Quinn and Chase Daniel or hell, Quinn and Bruce Gradkowski. Someone with upside (Daniel) or someone who's taken a snap in this league since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    LOL, this is Garrard, not Vinny. He's been off the radar for a couple of years because he hasn't played a significant season in a couple of years. The 24-year olds remember Garrard as an average, injured QB for the Jags who chose Blaine Gabbert over him in 2010.Not exactly a generational appreciation issue.
    And they would be wrong, Garrard wasn't replaced by Gabbert because he was injured, the Jags didn't want to pay Garrard, then the injuries started. If healthy, Garrard is a solid QB. You must be one of the 24 yr olds.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-03-2013 at 12:57 PM.

the only things garrard has going for him is hes available and cheap. steer clear idzik or it will be a longer season than you can ever imagine.

i still think either matt flynn is under center to start the season here or a prominent rookie from the draft.

I will say this about Garrard:

If I'm wrong about him and he can stay healthy, (huge IF that I wouldn't want to gamble on, but apparently the Jets FO does want to), he does have experience playing without any big name weapons on the outside and despite that he never had more than 15 INT's in a season, so that's good.

But I still think it's a dumb move for the reason he has been basically out of football for over two years.

But what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I will say this about Garrard:

If I'm wrong about him and he can stay healthy, (huge IF that I wouldn't want to gamble on, but apparently the Jets FO does want to), he does have experience playing without any big name weapons on the outside and despite that he never had more than 15 INT's in a season, so that's good.

But I still think it's a dumb move for the reason he has been basically out of football for over two years.

But what do I know.
    Rather than being in football and sucking like Quinn? The last time he was on the field he was the starting qb over Moore and the No 8 pick in the draft.

The jets must have decided that they will not go with a retread Moore or Campbell as they only want to come in with some assurances (no top draft pick, being named #1 etc) along with the money they would want.

Maybe it is just leverage in Flynn negotiations?

But I cant see how this move can be criticized in the context about being a transitional move..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Rather than being in football and sucking like Quinn? The last time he was on the field he was the starting qb over Moore and the No 8 pick in the draft.

The jets must have decided that they will not go with a retread Moore or Campbell as they only want to come in with some assurances (no top draft pick, being named #1 etc) along with the money they would want.

But I cant see how this move can be criticized in the context about being a transitional move..
    To me the time to be critical is after the last preseason game.. Right now people are whining without knowing what the complete roster is.. But we do lead the league in jumping to conclusions..

After what? A week of TC? Big whoop. He doesn't win the job. No chance. They hadn't even played in a game yet. Tannehill starts.

It can be criticized because he's been out of football for two years. If you're hitting Garrard up for a workout, you might as well hit up JaMarcus Russell as well. Try everyone and everything out. Why the hell not. Injured 35 year olds, 300 lb #1 flame outs, Brady Quinn .. why not?

Garrard will wind up hurt and on the sidelines anyway.
    Last edited by 124; 03-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And they would be wrong, Garrard wasn't replaced by Gabbert because he was injured, the Jags didn't want to play Garrard, then the injuries started. If healthy, Garrard is a solid QB. You must be one of the 24 yr olds.
    I'm sorry if I misremembered the situation. OK fine, the Jaguars, clearly working with a top notch FO that has been so successful for so many years, decided not to play him. If I do remember correctly, they actually cut him right before the start of the season. And then he sat out for a year. Won't have played in almost 3 years. You're right, he's solid. I could probably search for a post where you shat all over Garrard back in the day, but now that he's a Jets' QB prospect, he's suddenly underrated. Gimmeafvckinbreak.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-03-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'm sorry if I misremembered the situation. OK fine, the Jaguars, clearly working with a top notch FO that has been so successful for so many years, decided not to play him. And then he sat out for a year. Won't have played in almost 3 years. You're right, he's solid.
    Don't let that fact get in the way of what many "older" Jet fans (bull****ters, not older, just blind to the facts) get in the way of the great and mighty David Garrard. He once won a single Wild Card playoff game against a rookie HC led Steeler team in Pittsburgh don't you know.

Don't let that fact get in the way of what many "older" Jet fans (bull****ters, not older, just blind to the facts) get in the way of the great and mighty David Garrard. He once won a single Wild Card playoff game against a rookie HC led Steeler team in Pittsburgh don't you know.
    The idea that Garrard is from a previous generation's consciousness is the funniest part.

He is not great, the jets are not looking for him to be great, but competent enough to challenge or supplant Sanchez if Sanchez does not play to his contract next year.

He is the best 1mill a year option for the jets.

He is not great, the jets are not looking for him to be great, but competent enough to challenge or supplant Sanchez if Sanchez does not play to his contract next year.

He is the best 1mill a year option for the jets.
    no hes not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no hes not.
    Well please then who is? Campbell is not leaving Chicago where Cutler is in a contract year to come to NY. Moore and Kolb will want much more. Quinn, please ND is my favorite team and I would not wish him on a jet fan.