Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Garrard thing is probably a done deal. Sanchez will start of course, but they will pull is butt the VERY SECOND he demonstrates the "same old Sanchez" crap he pulled last year. First time he throws a critical INT in the redzone, first time he throws a ball behind a receiver that's wide open, first time he fumbles with nobody around him, HE IS OUT and Garrard is in!

No more coddling for Mark Sanchez... First time he messes up he gets slapped to the bench and replaced. Quite a change from years prior. He has used up all his protection status with Rex and everybody else around here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Garrard thing is probably a done deal. Sanchez will start of course, but they will pull is butt the VERY SECOND he demonstrates the "same old Sanchez" crap he pulled last year. First time he throws a critical INT in the redzone, first time he throws a ball behind a receiver that's wide open, first time he fumbles with nobody around him, HE IS OUT and Garrard is in!

No more coddling for Mark Sanchez... First time he messes up he gets slapped to the bench and replaced. Quite a change from years prior. He has used up all his protection status with Rex and everybody else around here.
    If Garrard signs, I honestly doubt Sanchez sees another start for the New York Jets (save for injury).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If Garrard signs, I honestly doubt Sanchez sees another start for the New York Jets (save for injury).
    Well, it depends what shape he's in. The first few games are going to be ugly (or uglier than the ones after that).

Regardless of who plays, don't expect much this year, if anything. It's all about player development/evaluation. IF by some chance the Jets are respectable, that means Sanchez is playing like a champ.

Now, what are the chances of that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Well, it depends what shape he's in. The first few games are going to be ugly (or uglier than the ones after that).

Regardless of who plays, don't expect much this year, if anything. It's all about player development/evaluation. IF by some chance the Jets are respectable, that means the defense and running game are playing like champs.

Now, what are the chances of that?
    Fixed for accuracy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed for accuracy.
    Oh, you ruiner of the mood and all hope, you!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Oh, you ruiner of the mood and all hope, you!
    Wherever there is hope, I will kill it. Wherever self-esteem shows it's face, I will be there to kick it in the testicles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. If Garrard signs, our starting QB next year will either be him or a rookie that we draft. Sanchez is finished.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming, you know, Garrard can make it through Training Camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Assuming, you know, Garrard can make it through Training Camp.
    Again, it's all predicated on health. If his body holds up, Murk Surnchurz is done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, it's all predicated on health. If his body holds up, Murk Surnchurz is done.
    I'd feel better with someone like Jason Campbell in house, but if this is what's going to be, it is what it is.

I'll be praying he remains healthy.

A cardboard cut-out would be more fun to watch than Sensitive Six.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd feel better with someone like Jason Campbell in house, but if this is what's going to be, it is what it is.

I'll be praying he remains healthy.

A cardboard cut-out would be more fun to watch than Sensitive Six.
    We'll just get a Tom Brady fathead to play for us, lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll just get a Tom Brady fathead to play for us, lol.
    At least we'll get a bunch of roughing the passer calls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we'll get a bunch of roughing the passer calls.
    End less INTs, remarkably.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just draft Manuel and dont look back..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Garrard does sign - and especially if Brady Quinn also signs, as has been speculated - it will mark a clear determination to move on from Sanchez.

Idzik has no ties to Sanchez and no need to stick with him if he isn't sold on him. And, judging by his comments and body language to date when discussing Sanchez, I think he is far from sold.

Adding those two vets, to go along with McElroy, Simms and quite possibly a draft pick, would allow Idzik to move Sanchez on via trade or release. No-one really expects much from the Jets this year, so it's an ideal opportunity to make the break with the past and clear the path for a major reworking of the team for 2014 and beyond.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If Garrard does sign - and especially if Brady Quinn also signs, as has been speculated - it will mark a clear determination to move on from Sanchez.

Idzik has no ties to Sanchez and no need to stick with him if he isn't sold on him. And, judging by his comments and body language to date when discussing Sanchez, I think he is far from sold.

Adding those two vets, to go along with McElroy, Simms and quite possibly a draft pick, would allow Idzik to move Sanchez on via trade or release. No-one really expects much from the Jets this year, so it's an ideal opportunity to make the break with the past and clear the path for a major reworking of the team for 2014 and beyond.
    if they release sanchez i would expect them to also release holmes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

The people who just dismissed Garrard as washed up are ignorant of the facts. He was a cap casualty in Jacksonville and at the time Gabbert was a high draft pick who hadn't yet proven to be a bad player. Garrard would have started over Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill last season if he didn't have a foot injury in preseason.

Oh well, we didn't trade a 1st round pick for Alex Smith so let's rebuild
    Thank you!!

This precisely what I said in an earlier post. People are like FF lunatics out here....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Garrard calls Jets 'ideal situation': Free-agent QB David Garrard, looking for a job after two years out ... http://t.co/ym8w7iRZZT #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Garrard calls Jets 'ideal situation':
    translation: I suck, but their starter sucks even worse

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Garrard calls Jets 'ideal situation': Free-agent QB David Garrard, looking for a job after two years out ... http://t.co/ym8w7iRZZT #nyj
    Hopefully Tanny will get the deal done.