Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 349

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

  1. #321
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Garrard thing is probably a done deal. Sanchez will start of course, but they will pull is butt the VERY SECOND he demonstrates the "same old Sanchez" crap he pulled last year. First time he throws a critical INT in the redzone, first time he throws a ball behind a receiver that's wide open, first time he fumbles with nobody around him, HE IS OUT and Garrard is in!


    No more coddling for Mark Sanchez... First time he messes up he gets slapped to the bench and replaced. Quite a change from years prior. He has used up all his protection status with Rex and everybody else around here.

  2. #322
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Garrard thing is probably a done deal. Sanchez will start of course, but they will pull is butt the VERY SECOND he demonstrates the "same old Sanchez" crap he pulled last year. First time he throws a critical INT in the redzone, first time he throws a ball behind a receiver that's wide open, first time he fumbles with nobody around him, HE IS OUT and Garrard is in!


    No more coddling for Mark Sanchez... First time he messes up he gets slapped to the bench and replaced. Quite a change from years prior. He has used up all his protection status with Rex and everybody else around here.
    If Garrard signs, I honestly doubt Sanchez sees another start for the New York Jets (save for injury).

  3. #323
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If Garrard signs, I honestly doubt Sanchez sees another start for the New York Jets (save for injury).
    Well, it depends what shape he's in. The first few games are going to be ugly (or uglier than the ones after that).

    Regardless of who plays, don't expect much this year, if anything. It's all about player development/evaluation. IF by some chance the Jets are respectable, that means Sanchez is playing like a champ.

    Now, what are the chances of that?

  4. #324
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Well, it depends what shape he's in. The first few games are going to be ugly (or uglier than the ones after that).

    Regardless of who plays, don't expect much this year, if anything. It's all about player development/evaluation. IF by some chance the Jets are respectable, that means the defense and running game are playing like champs.

    Now, what are the chances of that?
    Fixed for accuracy.

  5. #325
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Fixed for accuracy.
    Oh, you ruiner of the mood and all hope, you!

  6. #326
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Oh, you ruiner of the mood and all hope, you!
    Wherever there is hope, I will kill it. Wherever self-esteem shows it's face, I will be there to kick it in the testicles.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If Garrard signs, I honestly doubt Sanchez sees another start for the New York Jets (save for injury).
    Agreed. If Garrard signs, our starting QB next year will either be him or a rookie that we draft. Sanchez is finished.

  8. #328
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming, you know, Garrard can make it through Training Camp.

  9. #329
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Assuming, you know, Garrard can make it through Training Camp.
    Again, it's all predicated on health. If his body holds up, Murk Surnchurz is done.

  10. #330
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Again, it's all predicated on health. If his body holds up, Murk Surnchurz is done.
    I'd feel better with someone like Jason Campbell in house, but if this is what's going to be, it is what it is.

    I'll be praying he remains healthy.

    A cardboard cut-out would be more fun to watch than Sensitive Six.

  11. #331
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'd feel better with someone like Jason Campbell in house, but if this is what's going to be, it is what it is.

    I'll be praying he remains healthy.

    A cardboard cut-out would be more fun to watch than Sensitive Six.
    We'll just get a Tom Brady fathead to play for us, lol.

  12. #332
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We'll just get a Tom Brady fathead to play for us, lol.
    At least we'll get a bunch of roughing the passer calls.

  13. #333
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    At least we'll get a bunch of roughing the passer calls.
    End less INTs, remarkably.

  14. #334
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just draft Manuel and dont look back..

  15. #335
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Garrard does sign - and especially if Brady Quinn also signs, as has been speculated - it will mark a clear determination to move on from Sanchez.

    Idzik has no ties to Sanchez and no need to stick with him if he isn't sold on him. And, judging by his comments and body language to date when discussing Sanchez, I think he is far from sold.

    Adding those two vets, to go along with McElroy, Simms and quite possibly a draft pick, would allow Idzik to move Sanchez on via trade or release. No-one really expects much from the Jets this year, so it's an ideal opportunity to make the break with the past and clear the path for a major reworking of the team for 2014 and beyond.

  16. #336
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If Garrard does sign - and especially if Brady Quinn also signs, as has been speculated - it will mark a clear determination to move on from Sanchez.

    Idzik has no ties to Sanchez and no need to stick with him if he isn't sold on him. And, judging by his comments and body language to date when discussing Sanchez, I think he is far from sold.

    Adding those two vets, to go along with McElroy, Simms and quite possibly a draft pick, would allow Idzik to move Sanchez on via trade or release. No-one really expects much from the Jets this year, so it's an ideal opportunity to make the break with the past and clear the path for a major reworking of the team for 2014 and beyond.
    if they release sanchez i would expect them to also release holmes.

  17. #337
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

    The people who just dismissed Garrard as washed up are ignorant of the facts. He was a cap casualty in Jacksonville and at the time Gabbert was a high draft pick who hadn't yet proven to be a bad player. Garrard would have started over Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill last season if he didn't have a foot injury in preseason.

    Oh well, we didn't trade a 1st round pick for Alex Smith so let's rebuild
    Thank you!!

    This precisely what I said in an earlier post. People are like FF lunatics out here....

  18. #338
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Garrard calls Jets 'ideal situation': Free-agent QB David Garrard, looking for a job after two years out ... http://t.co/ym8w7iRZZT #nyj

  19. #339
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Garrard calls Jets 'ideal situation':
    translation: I suck, but their starter sucks even worse

  20. #340
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Garrard calls Jets 'ideal situation': Free-agent QB David Garrard, looking for a job after two years out ... http://t.co/ym8w7iRZZT #nyj
    Hopefully Tanny will get the deal done.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us