Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Hopefully Tanny will get the deal done.
    I hope the bolded was intentional! ha

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I hope the bolded was intentional! ha

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Agreed. If Garrard signs, our starting QB next year will either be him or a rookie that we draft. Sanchez is finished.
    Agreed. There is NO WAY the Jets go into the season with Sanchez and Garrard competition. Even with McElroy.

If Garrard is signed, my guess is that our rookie probably start with Sanchez and Garrard battling for back up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Agreed. There is NO WAY the Jets go into the season with Sanchez and Garrard competition. Even with McElroy.

If Garrard is signed, my guess is that our rookie probably start with Sanchez and Garrard battling for back up.
    I don't see us drafting a rookie worthy to start.... I do see Garrard starting and I wouldbe in support.

Sanchez has the skill but can't seem to call on it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    translation: I suck, but their starter sucks even worse
    +1

garrard showed something in jax but at this point he's pretty much done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    garrard showed something in jax but at this point he's pretty much done.
    The fact that we work him out speaks volumes about The Jets and Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The fact that we work him out speaks volumes about The Jets and Sanchez.

Umm, we knew the Jets would be bringing in a veteran to complete with Sanchez, how is working out Garrard some sort of revelation?

All League
    I would have have been all for bringing in Garrard last season. Same for Campbell. But that would have been clearly as a back up. That's when Sanchez still had a slither of hope. Bringing Garrard in now to supposedly start is really setting this team up for disaster. I understand that everyone wants to tank 2013 to get to pick Bridgewater or Manziel but nothing is guaranteed.

Going into the season with Sanchez and Garrard makes a statement that this team is just going through the motions and has no chance of being competitive. Why would DBrick, Mangold or other Vets play hurt or risk injury for Sanchez and Garrard?

If people have faith in Morningweg (sp?) helping Sanchez or Garrard put up good numbers, why wouldn't the same be true with Geno Smith or Barkley who both are arguable better prospects than both Sanchez and Garrard?

If we start the rookie and still end up in a position to get TB or JM than we could have a luxury most teams never have, having two top rated, highly drafted QBs with relatively smaller cap hits than Sanchez.