Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Haha, ok. I think he's bigger than Russell Wilson though.

I think at 6-1 coming out of highschool he's probably grown an inch. Even if he hasn't he's still 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson, faster than Russell Wilson, and throws the ball better than Russell Wilson. He literally can't be defended. The reason he runs all over people is because they have to respect his arm....and also because he might be the best damn athlete in college and can just run past people at will.

3700 yards, 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 68% Completions.... as a redshirt freshman.... yeah, he's not just a "running QB".
    And A&M had one of the best Olines in the nation decent offensive weapons. Plus yes he was a redshirt freshman which gave them an element of surprise. He won't be afforded that next year and rest assured the SEC defenses with a year of gamefilm will have answers.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And A&M had one of the best Olines in the nation decent offensive weapons. Plus yes he was a redshirt freshman which gave them an element of surprise. He won't be afforded that next year and rest assured the SEC defenses with a year of gamefilm will have answers.
    Tell that to Nick Saban.

You make a lot of excuses. That kid beats people by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWuUHqSLs30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tccxirXrK7w
    Last edited by southside; 02-28-2013 at 04:03 PM.

He's no fix that is for sure but if he maintains his penchant for not throwing pics that is half the battle. I like what the Jets are doing. Kick tires on anyone and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    His career numbers (last couple years comparable to the career averages)

61.6 comp %
    7.02 avg per completion
    Ballpark 3000-3500 yds per season
    Give or take 20 tds and 20 turnovers per year
    QB rating 85.8%

Better than Tebow, nothing to get too excited about though

Ljr

What is to get excited about? There is not one qb our there even somewhat available to get excited about but Geno Smith. He is the best qb out there

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hate the Quinn option

Matt Moore's numbers are slightly below Garrard

59% comp
    6.95 ave per comp
    Career td 33 turnover 41
    Qb rating 80.5

Ljr

All League
    You must have never seen him play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    David Garrard is the best choice by far for the jets and i have been saying this since he got cleared to play in November. While he went on IR last summer he beat out both Moore and Tannihill for the starting job in TC last year. He is not that old and is younger than Brady.

He even makes more sense if the jets take a kid in the 2nd this year. This is the kind of guy that can be a mentor to a young player. you can read 2o articles about him and not one bad word, the guy is a pro.

I am totally surprised at the negativity towards this guy. He just want to play and is not going to cost you as much as Moore (and again who he beat out) Will cost you 1/5th of what Flynn wants and with out the draft pick compensation. Fine I understand some of you want Flynn but do you want to cut 4 mill more of players to get him over Garrard? And I you don't draft a kid this year and you do next he sticks around so the kid can be eased in.
    I opened this thread pretty excited, and was surprised that the two biggest voices of reason in this thread were the GIF posting teenybopper and yourself.

Garrard has been a decent starting QB in this league over time... something Flynn can't say. So what he's 34? He's not the long term answer. (and how old was Vinny when we signed him in 1998? ) And Matt Moore? You mean the guy that Garrard beat out in camp before he got hurt?

Sign me up.. this guy could legitimately beat out Sanchez in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Garrard will be hurt by week 3. His body is a wreck. idzik knows this. Looking at Garrard is just creating the illusuion to blind fans that Idzik cares about 2013. Smart Jet fans know exactly what he is doing and love it. 2014 #1 pick here we come.
    Joe W. Namath? Smart?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What is to get excited about? There is not one qb our there even somewhat available to get excited about but Geno Smith. He is the best qb out there
    Not arguing the point, simply puting down the numbers for people to see, he or Moore I am ok with coming in

Lir

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Guarrard stinks. Between him and Quinn we may have found two QB's that are actually worse than Sanchez.
    WRONG... see below. At least Garrard and Quinn aren't giving wins to the oposition every time they take a snap.

SUCKHEZ is another USC reject QB that can't hack it in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Garrad career ints to attempts ratio: one every 42.2 attempts.
    Quinn career ints to attempts ratio: one every 32.4 attempts.
    Sanchez career ints to attempts ration: one every 27.1 attempts.

This is why a guy, even a stiff like Garrard could be much better than the incumbent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    You must have never seen him play.
    Again, yes I did. Big LSU fan and thus SEC fan. Saw more than half of his games.

Only time will tell but I say no way Manziel repeats the success of his redshirt year.

Again, yes I did. Big LSU fan and thus SEC fan. Saw more than half of his games.

Only time will tell but I say no way Manziel repeats the success of his redshirt year.
    An LSU fan commenting on the quality of a QB? Laughable!

Everyone has the right to an opinion. If you think Manziel can't play his game in the NFL then that's your prerogative. Don't be surprised that no one agrees with you.

Everyone has the right to an opinion. If you think Manziel can't play his game in the NFL then that's your prerogative. Don't be surprised that no one agrees with you.
    Don't be surprised if Zach Mettenberger isn't one of higher recruited QB's following this season how's that for laughable.

And I don't care if anyone agrees with me about Manziel, like I said time will tell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Quinn and Garrard. Just depressing...
    this may be the year to root for the Texans or the Seahawks or the Falcons.

Well at this point I am not soldon Manziel in the NFL. I watch a ton of college football (more than i watch the pros). He does not have a big arm and is not particularly big/tall (He is listed at 6'1 but is probably closer to 5'10 with a tiny frame) and I am not sure he is as fast as RG3. So what are his great attributes that make a stone cold lock to be a stud in the NFL? Sure he is a decent QB prospect with upside, but I am not tanking my season to get Manziel.

Just because Russel Wilson was able to succeed with a similar pedigree does not sell me on the notion that small QBs are now worthy of top 2 picks in the NFL draft.

Bridgewater has shown far better passing skills/arm strength than Manziel.

With all of that said, I am not suggesting that Manziel cannot develop into a top 5 QB prospect, I am just not sold right now.

espn just said the jets qb situation is the worst in the nfl.

they are trying to bring in guys off the scrap heap to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    Is Matt Moore really that much out of our price range? He's the no s*** guy we should sign
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????? David Garrard? Why? Did Vinny T want too much money? Brunell mulling their offer? JOKE! More Sanchez coddling, MATT MOORE BABY, he'd start by game 3, TONS of upside, get Moore, draft a "prospect" QB (and dump noodle armed McElroy/Brooks Bollinger), and WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send Sanchez packing after a year of sitting/sobbing....

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I opened this thread pretty excited, and was surprised that the two biggest voices of reason in this thread were the GIF posting teenybopper and yourself.

Garrard has been a decent starting QB in this league over time... something Flynn can't say. So what he's 34? He's not the long term answer. (and how old was Vinny when we signed him in 1998? ) And Matt Moore? You mean the guy that Garrard beat out in camp before he got hurt?

Sign me up.. this guy could legitimately beat out Sanchez in camp.
    "So what he is 34?" - Do we have a super bowl roster here that he will push over the top?

Flynn isnt going to cost a top pick like alex smith did. We are taking about a 5th round pick for a guy who is tailor made for the WCO and is only 27 years old.

Why even bother with garrard, we know his ceiling and its low. If we are going to pay a 34 year old QB to be mediocore for us, I would rather play sanchez every game or even mcelroy.

It is a MUCH better risk reward to go after a QB who could turn into a top 15 guy for the next 6 years.

David Garrard, no game action in 2 years and hes a good guy to bring in...unreal.

Don't be surprised if Zach Mettenberger isn't one of higher recruited QB's following this season how's that for laughable.

And I don't care if anyone agrees with me about Manziel, like I said time will tell.
    I agree with you about Manziel.

He is the same height as I am. Six foot. Not bad for a random guy, but tragic for an NFL QB.

His arm is just not good to this point. He was almost the sole reason why they lost to LSU. Any of you can watch the game, stream it.

Most if his rushing yards were untouched, but you could say the same thing for a far faster QB in Vick.

This guy will not last three years in the NFL at QB.

Garrard is 1 headshot away from Mama said Knock u out, Im gonna Knock u out! Imma hit u where da tic dont toc, make ur whole body tickle az u respect da 9 nickle.. No Thanx!

Its going to be QB/Moore who signs with Jets i think.. he sux too! This yr will be all about rebuilding.
    jets better draft a QB like Manuel, Jones,Wilson or Glennon... Some1