Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"We're never going to get to play quarterback again. Rudolph isn't coming back, and he isn't bringing Idzik with him. Wait! Wait! What's that glowing red light? What's that sound?"

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    In a year where Alex Smith is the best QB available (FA or draft), what did you expect?
    Exactly what I expected

Unless Sanchez bottled 2010 and kept it for safe keeping, The Jets will still continue to look for it's franchise QB

Not a fan of Garrard. He's decent backup quality IMO.

Garrard > Tebow

Garrard > Quinn

Garrard > Cassell

Garrard > McElroy

He will cost the vet minimum ($800K for a player his age), will be a decent backup and is cheaper than Tebow ($2 mil). Alex Smith is not that good you guys are so wrong about him and Matt Moore it isn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Not a fan of Garrard. He's decent backup quality IMO.
    All he would be is the qb for next year, there is no one out there to build a team around who is a FA or available - with apologies to those fans who believe that Flynn may be.

He will be there to toss the ball to the guy with the green uniform on. If a rookie is brought in, he will act as a mentor as how a pro QB behaves.

Garrard is a solid NFL QB who has been a victim of injuries the last couple of years, that is what has kept him off of the field, not performance or talent.

He would have been Miami's starting QB last year before the knee injury.

Of all the QB's available right now and the rumors of the other QB's the Jets may or may not be interested, I like Garrard a lot.

Sanchez, Garrard, and a draft pick?

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You truly are an intelligent jets fan. A 1-15 season in 2013 is the plan. And this same exact time next year, we will all be going apesh!t over the fact that we are going to get the #1 qb in the draft class.

Idzik is brilliant!
    Why does everyone think we are going 1-15? There is no way that happens. With Sanchez, we are still better than 5-6 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Why does everyone think we are going 1-15? There is no way that happens. With Sanchez, we are still better than 5-6 teams.
    With Sanchez, we could be an 11 win team, with a quality and healthy supporting cast, and if he can bounce back from a down year.

How this team has fallen in two years....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    With Sanchez, we could be an 11 win team, with a quality and healthy supporting cast, and if he can bounce back from a down year.
    I was kinda thinking what if Marty can help Sanchez. It will be Sanchez's first real OC since coming to the Jets. Marty has a proven track record with OB's and offenses. What if Marty is Mark's Norv Turner like with Alex Smith?? Its all we have to hope for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I was kinda thinking what if Marty can help Sanchez. It will be Sanchez's first real OC since coming to the Jets. Marty has a proven track record with OB's and offenses. What if Marty is Mark's Norv Turner like with Alex Smith?? Its all we have to hope for right now.
    It will obvious be Sanchez' last chance to get things right, the WCO and Mornhinweg is probably the best thing that can happen to Sanchez at this stage.

Too many are writing off Sanchez, I think Sanchez will dig deep this off-season and come back next year and fight, mature, and learn from last year. It won't be easy, but I think he gives this one more fight.

The Jets will rightly have insurance and a plan B in place, and they will bring in competition. In a way, it's actually a good thing for Sanchez that this year's QB class isn't as strong, aside from Smith, Barkley, and IMO Bray, the rest are lesser 3rd tier QB's, though Emanuel intrigues me. The Jets could still draft a QB, one could fall on them that they like and that performs will in pre-draft workouts and interviews.

But there is no reason to completely write off Sanchez at this point, despite the masses and their hatership!

Is that a promise?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Is that a promise?
    Aww, Vinny is doing the sick puppy thing after being owned...

Cry Guido

Garrard is a solid NFL QB who has been a victim of injuries the last couple of years, that is what has kept him off of the field, not performance or talent.

He would have been Miami's starting QB last year before the knee injury.

Of all the QB's available right now and the rumors of the other QB's the Jets may or may not be interested, I like Garrard a lot.

Sanchez, Garrard, and a draft pick?

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You do realize that Sanchez has already won 11 games in a season, right Vinny?

Poor Vinny

He tries so hard.

A great defense and running game has won 11 games. Sanchez hasn't done ****, lol. Also, are we still beating our chests about **** that happened in 2009-2010? Last I knew, the Jest have gone 8-8 and 6-10 since then. Hardly anything to write home about.

A great defense and running game has won 11 games. Sanchez hasn't done ****, lol.
    Not true. How soon people forget the number of 4th qtr comeback wins he lead in '10, including at Indy in the playoffs. And he didn't **** the bed in 1 of his 6 playoff games, all on the road.

Yes, he sucked in 2012 but so did the whole damn O. People *****ed all season about how poor the WRs and RBs were but its all the QBs fault? Where is the '12 OC? QB Coach? Now can Mornhenwig straighten him out? We'll find out. If not, he's gone in '14. But don't say he hasn't done ****. It's an ignorant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not true. How soon people forget the number of 4th qtr comeback wins he lead in '10, including at Indy in the playoffs. And he didn't **** the bed in 1 of his 6 playoff games, all on the road.

Yes, he sucked in 2012 but so did the whole damn O. People *****ed all season about how poor the WRs and RBs were but its all the QBs fault? Where is the '12 OC? QB Coach? Now can Mornhenwig straighten him out? We'll find out. If not, he's gone in '14. But don't say he hasn't done ****. It's an ignorant comment.
    Poor Mcginley, owned again!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

In 09-10, he was a long for the ride. Don't try to act as if he wasn't, lol. The guy has never and WILL never do anything.

In 09-10, he was a long for the ride. Don't try to act as if he wasn't, lol. The guy has never and WILL never do anything.
    LOL. Act? I stated specific info, which is true. But carry on.